Syracuse not ranked??

Buffalo Barbarian

6 hours ago, Bfanlc said:

Syracuse needs a top notch qb and to keep their coach. Offer him whatever but keep him. 

Dungey has been pretty damn good when healthy (with the exception of the last few weeks before this most recent game, though I suspect he's been hurt this year too) and Tommy DeVito participated in the UnderArmour All-America game and has looked great every time he's played so far in his career.

On 10/30/2018 at 8:00 PM, suorangefan4 said:

Syracuse is #19 in the playoff poll that came out tonight 

They don’t have any remote hope of it, so why do they bother mentioning teams that cannot get in at this point?

12 hours ago, row_33 said:

They don’t have any remote hope of it, so why do they bother mentioning teams that cannot get in at this point?

It's more or less fodder for pundits to discuss in the lead up to games. For example, if Syracuse and Notre Dame happen to win their next two games, it'll likely be a matchup of two top 10-15 teams, in which case it will be hyped up a lot and a win over a top 15 Syracuse team could be enough of a resume boost to keep Notre Dame's playoff chances alive even if they lose a game at some point.

31 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

It's more or less fodder for pundits to discuss in the lead up to games. For example, if Syracuse and Notre Dame happen to win their next two games, it'll likely be a matchup of two top 10-15 teams, in which case it will be hyped up a lot and a win over a top 15 Syracuse team could be enough of a resume boost to keep Notre Dame's playoff chances alive even if they lose a game at some point.

I guess, their master plan of reducing every team to trash that isn’t in the playoff is working wonders

considering that at most 12 teams have remotely had a shot at the playoff since week one

I actually see Syracuse and that offense they have as Notre Dame's toughest game remaining on the schedule. I never overlook any team as a Notre Dame fan because I have seen Brian Kelly's teams sh*t the bed when on the biggest of stages multiple times. This game though is the one I fear the most of the remaining 4 right now. 

40 minutes ago, row_33 said:

I guess, their master plan of reducing every team to trash that isn’t in the playoff is working wonders

considering that at most 12 teams have remotely had a shot at the playoff since week one

Better than the old system at least IMO. I'd like to see them expand the playoff system though.

21 minutes ago, H2o said:

I actually see Syracuse and that offense they have as Notre Dame's toughest game remaining on the schedule. I never overlook any team as a Notre Dame fan because I have seen Brian Kelly's teams sh*t the bed when on the biggest of stages multiple times. This game though is the one I fear the most of the remaining 4 right now. 

The thing is that Dungey has been very hit or miss this season and if he's missing against Notre Dame, it'll probably take Dino too long to bench him for Syracuse to have a chance. They need him to bring his A game (assuming he's still the starter by then).

31 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Better than the old system at least IMO. I'd like to see them expand the playoff system though.

The thing is that Dungey has been very hit or miss this season and if he's missing against Notre Dame, it'll probably take Dino too long to bench him for Syracuse to have a chance. They need him to bring his A game (assuming he's still the starter by then).

It was way better with a dozen bowl games that mattered and a mythical championship that doesn’t mean anything when all is said and done

On 11/1/2018 at 6:32 PM, row_33 said:

It was way better with a dozen bowl games that mattered and a mythical championship that doesn’t mean anything when all is said and done

You mean back when there was essentially one bowl game that mattered, and the rest were all *****?  Yeah, it is much worse now <sarcasm>.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/9/2018 at 8:24 PM, Steptide said:

Up to #13 now. Currently crushing Louisville. Probably the most packed I've seen the dome for a Syracuse football game 

It's still obviously great to see it that packed, but they pretty much gave tickets away this week to fill it up. It really is great to see though.

On 11/19/2018 at 5:21 PM, PearlHowardman said:

SU Orange football drop to No.19 in latest AP poll after being beat by Notre Dame.

Still, the days are getting closer to when current SU Orange QB Eric Dungey and current SU head coach Dino Babers join the Buffalo Bills NFL team.

Josh Allen - BYE!

Sean McDermott - BYE!

:)

Eric Dungey is horrible.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.