Bills Promote S Dean Marlowe from PS; Release TE Khari Lee with DT Robert Thomas to PS

5 minutes ago, yungmack said:

McDermott's talent evaluation, particularly with O personnel, has been astoundingly poor.

Yep.  May have to add Daboll to that; and if that is the case, it does not point to good things for the offense since the OC is supposed to be the offensive expert.  I would believe that McD has deferred most, if not all, offensive personnel decisions to Daboll.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, yungmack said:

McDermott's talent evaluation, particularly with O personnel, has been astoundingly poor.

...pretty much an assumed given that McDermott is defensive leaning based on his background.....so then why was the defense defenseLESS in the pre-season and the first six quarters?.....did he in fact take over for Frazier in play calling?......was it "all HIM (Frazier)" versus the Vikes along with a game ball?...something pretty impressive about the Rams so far.....McVay seems to be a sharp offensive mind.....so he goes out and hires "70 years YOUNG" Wade as his DC who also serves as McVay's mentor due to his HC experience.....can McDermott focus on the defense and entrust the offense to Daboll in the same way McVay can entrust Wade?...nope....so then we have McDermott AND Daboll enrolled "in on the job training Offense 101" with Josh the goalie on the dart board........

On yeah we just have to have Lee over O'Leary.

never really understood this move. They claim to want culture and hard work and love for the game which O'Leary is yet they kept guys like Lee and Thomas. Meanwhile they they keep no talent bums like Duccasee and no effort guys like Benjamin.

58 minutes ago, yungmack said:

Beane is in on this too

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Multiple moves can be made, you know.  Again I was going based on timing seeing as how they Dols just recently elevated O'Leary.

So you think Lee was going to get cut regardless, and the Bills were trying to poach Nick from the Fins? 

If that actually was the case, someone would've needed to get cut to make room for Marlowe. I wonder who.

12 minutes ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

So you think Lee was going to get cut regardless, and the Bills were trying to poach Nick from the Fins? 

If that actually was the case, someone would've needed to get cut to make room for Marlowe. I wonder who.

Might as well drop Logan Thomas too since he is always banged up and hasn't made an impact. I was really hoping for more two tight end sets for this team. 

46 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Might as well drop Logan Thomas too since he is always banged up and hasn't made an impact. I was really hoping for more two tight end sets for this team. 

Yeah i've been wondering for months now when this Logan Thomas experiment will end. I just cant see continually giving a roster spot to someone, just because you hope they can catch on to a new position. I realize it takes time but at what point is it times up? If this isnt his last year here I might run face first into a wall in the hopes of knocking myself out

5 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Wasn't Lee the one that got those two drive killing penalties last week?

yes he was, he's also the te that has 1 catch for 5 yards. Not keeping O'Leary was pure stupidity compared to keeping scrubs like Lee or Thomas. At least Nick could get open and catch the damn ball. Another dumb decision by the "culture process".

• Like (+1) 1

I’m pretty sure that the reason the Bills Lee was two-fold:

1.) With Hyde and Bush banged up they really needed a new safety that knows the defense.  So Marlowe got the call and they needed to free a roster spot.

2.) Lee’s calling card was that he was a good blocker.  If you watched the game last week, he didn’t really perform that well.  

10 hours ago, jkeerie said:

I always hated when the Bills would choose to keep a blocking TE in favor of one who could make plays in the passing game.  

With Khari Lee, Buffalo had 4 tight ends on the roster.  Three are so called playmakers.  Even though Clay is on the shelf this week, I think Buffalo figured their need at safety was a littlel more accute.

I wonder how hard it was for the Bills to choose between Croom and Lee for who gets released. I would've kept Lee just because he has better hands and is a better blocker. Both were probably gone after the season is over so it's not a big deal. Croom dropped so many easy passes in college, I'm amazed he is not on the PS or released. 

12 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I wonder how hard it was for the Bills to choose between Croom and Lee for who gets released. I would've kept Lee just because he has better hands and is a better blocker. Both were probably gone after the season is over so it's not a big deal. Croom dropped so many easy passes in college, I'm amazed he is not on the PS or released. 

This doesn't have a darned thing to do with 2018 and the Buffalo Bills. The whining over Nick O'Leary has gone beyond ridiculous.