Encouraging thought about the future and Josh Allen

31 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

I concede that it's a big If, but if Josh Allen is good, the following statement is likely 100% true:

In the next 15 years, the Bills will never be as bad as they are now.

Only looking up.

Honestly, even if Allen flops out (and I'm not thinking he will) I can't see us this bad again. But never say never I suppose haha

36 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

I concede that it's a big If, but if Josh Allen is good, the following statement is likely 100% true:

In the next 15 years, the Bills will never be as bad as they are now.

Only looking up.

No, we will not be this bad...we will be WORSE! How did we ever mess up and win a game? That ruined everything! And we beat an NFC team, which always hurts, as is well documented. What about our comp picks? Everybody needs to GO! And NOW! Clean house, get a new FO, new coaches, new schemes and new players to fit. Burn it down! 

At least, that’s what I’ve read here.....I think.  I could be wrong. 

?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

No, we will not be this bad...we will be WORSE! How did we ever mess up and win a game? That ruined everything! And we beat an NFC team, which always hurts, as is well documented. What about our comp picks? Everybody needs to GO! And NOW! Clean house, get a new FO, new coaches, new schemes and new players to fit. Burn it down! 

At least, that’s what I’ve read here.....I think.  I could be wrong. 

?

I feel like I can now ignore about 99% of the posts on TBD (up from my normal 90%).  Excellent summary my good man!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I think that is the thought to hang onto during a rebuild. As bad as things get when everything is torn down they likely won't ever be that bad when they're rebuilt.

The Sabres just went through a huge rebuild and they still stink- point is, a rebuild doesnt mean that team will be good.

1 hour ago, billsfan_34 said:

The Sabres just went through a huge rebuild and they still stink- point is, a rebuild doesnt mean that team will be good.

That's not exactly what I mean if the rebuild ends up not being good then yeah it won't be better than before it though sometimes the build needs time to develop. What I meant is when things are torn down it's unusual for a team to not be better than that after being built back up.

2 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

Why? Isn't that an encouraging thought?

"Maybe in order to understand mankind we have to look at that word itself. MANKIND. Basically, it's made up of two separate words mank and ind. What do these words mean? It's a mystery and that's why so is mankind." — Jack Handy 

• Haha (+1) 1

$50m in dead cap hit this year is a killer.   Is there a list of teams' dead cap hits this year?   Would love to know what a "normal" amount is.    Take away even half of that and you add at least 5 quality players at 5m per year.   and the bills get almost all of it back next year.  Trust the Process.  Beane can't sign FAs this year even if he wanted to .  

1 hour ago, White Linen said:

Wow.  

Total lack of knowledge on either situation. 

Really- did you happen to watch how awful the Sabres were last night? That team has plenty of fire power. My point really is, and I should of clarified, you can rebuild all you want, but if you dont have the right staff its for nothing. On to the Bills- until they start to string some winning seasons together after next years 91 mil in cap and 10 draft picks I will remain somewhat pessimistic. 

To say someone has a lack of knowledge is very short sighted without even knowing that person.