What is or was your expectations for 2018

I am amazed at how many people are so bitter at how this team is playing. I’m not sure what your expectations were but this is exactly what I expected regardless of who was quarterbacking this team. How many players on this team could start on any other team in the NFL? The defense maybe four on offense two. I am amazed at how many people are so bitter at how this team is playing. I’m not sure what your expectations were but this is exactly what I expected.  I know not every game we’re going to be able to compete. The offense of line is horrible receivers aren’t catching the ball I don’t care how this season turns out I just want to see improvement. The coaches have to do a better job of putting the players in position to succeed. I’m hoping for a top five traffic I would be super excited for the number one pick overall.  There’s gonna be a lot of teams are going after the Oregon duck quarterback which will in turn give us more draft picks I’m excited for the team in the direction they’re going sit back and enjoy it quit being so damn bitter so of you are acting like patriot fans.  Haha.

One last thing I do not want to see the coaches or the GM fire do not blow anything up the patient.

Expectations were 7-9, pretty much a rebuilding year with a bad oline and no wrs.   I expected us to be 0-4 right now to be honest.    But not to be flat out blown out like we were in Baltimore and LA.    Losses yes, humiliating losses, not so much.  

I expected us to be using McCoy more.   

• Like (+1) 4

Figured 6-8 wins somehow like always.  Surprised by how little McCoy has done .  Long as I see Josh Allen improve week to week I'm happy.  Next year Beane better spend the money wisely and make sure they have a plan to keep their good young talent.  I don't want this  rebuild merry go round to keep spinning forever

I expected losses.  I didn't expect ass-whippings every time out except when some opponent was in a trap game situation and didn't take the Bills seriously because of how badly they sucked in their previous outs.  Can McDermott and Beane both, and their supposedly professional scouting staff, too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I was expecting us to do poorly as far as W-L record - maybe 4-12? I thought there was probably a reason Beane fought so hard to hang on to next years draft board, and it wasn't that he was expecting a repeat of 9-7 or better.

But I was expecting the D to be better than they were last year because of the attention they were given in draft and FA and the defensive bent of the HC.

I was expecting them to come out the gate each game and fight like h*** - not to let themselves be pushed around the field the first 6 Q of play and the 1st half of last week before getting it straight at halftime.

I was also expecting an effective and creative run game as the bulwark of a mediocre offense run by "game manager" McCarron for the first 6-8 games while Allen drilled and solidified his footwork and mechanics on the scout team, firmed up his knowledge of the offense, and got a chance to observe the various looks NFL Ds throw at a QB in regular season before facing them on Sunday.  I thought the OL would be overmatched at times, but schemed to make the most of their lower-tier talent.

My thinking was that most games would look like the AZ Cardinals last two losses, low-scoring games where we fell short by 3-10 points.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Would've been happy to see 8-8 with developmental projects littering the starting roster and cap situation being what it is, although getting there will be tougher sledding than I expected. At this point just want to see key guys stay healthy, and JA/Edmunds to develop their potential in noticeable ? ways. Oh, and can the OC. 

My expectations in August were about 5 to 7 wins.  Once we traded McCarron, they dropped to about 3-4 wins.  I was really hoping Allen wouldn't get his 1st start until about December because we have so little talent on offense.  Now I just hope to see a steady improvement from him as the season goes along.  2 steps forward, 1 step back is OK with me as long as the reason for the steps back don't repeat. 

This season is all about developing any young talent we do have.  We are in a rebuild.  The upcoming offseason will be one of the most important we've seen in a long time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

2-3 will seem a lot better than 1-4 after Sunday

What makes you think the Bills have a prayer of winning against the Titans?  The Titans have a stout defense and an offense that's at least competent enough to score two or three times against a bad-to-mediocre defense like the Bills put on the field.  The Bills have what?  A good FG who'll likely not leave the bench except for half time.

11 minutes ago, SoTier said:

I expected losses.  I didn't expect ass-whippings every time out except when some opponent was in a trap game situation and didn't take the Bills seriously because of how badly they sucked in their previous outs.  Can McDermott and Beane both, and their supposedly professional scouting staff, too.

Oh THAT'S the excuse now, huh?