One thing that always made me angry about the Music City Miracle

15 hours ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

In hindsight, of course. In the moment there is some benefit to kicking on 3rd down in case the snap is off and needs to be covered and then kick on 4th down. 

The question is whether a bad snap or a kick-off returned for a TD is more likely. 

With how bad our kickoff coverage was that year that's a chance I was willing to take.  You do a quick run up the middle and then spike the ball with 3 to 5 seconds left.  Also, if you fumble the snap and recover it in bounds we didn't have any time outs left.  The odds of organizing your team and spiking it in regulation are slim at that point.  Even if you did the FG would be 50 plus yards.

Watched the game with a Miami fan.....when he said "you should have seen your faces!", Then he laughed like a hyena right before my brother punched him in the face...and said "you should see your face". The Miami fan got a good understanding that day of how passionate Bills fans can be.

Note: I do not advocate violence....please don't try this at home. Instead, call the cops and make a false claim that he is an intruder lol!

7 hours ago, row_33 said:

Flutie lost every playoff game, even after being handed the SB defending Bears team, possibly better than the one that won it the prior year

Individual players don't lose games.  Teams do.  While Flutie played terribly, the Bears lost that game because Walter Payton's 4th quarter fumble deep in Redskin territory as the Bears were going in for the go ahead score.  The Redskins went over 80 yards to expand their lead.  The '85 Bears never give up that score.

I don't think anyone was beating the Giants that season, regardless. 

9 hours ago, The Process said:

Watched the game with a Miami fan.....when he said "you should have seen your faces!", Then he laughed like a hyena right before my brother punched him in the face...and said "you should see your face". The Miami fan got a good understanding that day of how passionate Bills fans can be.

Note: I do not advocate violence....please don't try this at home. Instead, call the cops and make a false claim that he is an intruder lol!

I was in a sports bar and had to restrain myself to not attack half the room that was jeering and laughing. I was sooooooo sure it was a forward pass that I only got heated after the review.

On 10/4/2018 at 10:10 AM, dneveu said:

That is a rather big mistake... Even if you leave yourself 10 seconds or something its still better.  Tennessee had 2 timeouts as well.  Why not make them use them?

I probably wouldn't have opted for the squib kick either.  Christies limited leg may have forced their hand though. 

Maybe have a high and short kick plan or something along those lines.  It's that type of situational football that you need to think about. 

More food for thought... The clock starts as soon as the kickoff begins (in 1999), so if you had limited it to maybe 8-10 seconds, you can kick it out of bounds and leave them with only like 4 seconds from their 40.  A FG is impossible

But then they dump pass to a WR on the sideline... who then forward passes it (past the LOS) to a another WR waiting on the opposite sideline who could then run in for the score ? 

Yes the play was devastating besides controversial, but I honestly didn't think we had a good enough team to make it to the SB. With all the Flutie Robo controversy I just didn't see us going deep that year. Than years later their fat POS owner Bud Adams flips us off. It was karma they came up 1 yard short.

Edited by LABILLBACKER

19 hours ago, Augie said:

True. OOPS! So many years have gone by. It sucked, and it’s actually funny in our house because I was pacing, telling the boys it wasn’t over. Sometimes I HATE being right! 

I hear you bro.  That is paunful.  I was at Delilah’s in Chicago (side note: BEST Bills bar in the country  Modeled after the old Pink Flamingo and my regular place to go for years. Louder and crazier than being at the game.  Kid you not.  

Anyhow..... ‘miracle’ happens and I was the opposite of you.  Told everyone it would be called  back in total  and utmost confidence.  

When I came out of the bathroom I was devastated and it still hurts   ???

13 hours ago, The Process said:

That is freakin’ hilarious!

disclaimer:   I also do not advocate violence. ?

24 minutes ago, Fred Marchibroda said:

I hear you bro.  That is paunful.  I was at Delilah’s in Chicago (side note: BEST Bills bar in the country  Modeled after the old Pink Flamingo and my regular place to go for years. Louder and crazier than being at the game.  Kid you not.  

Anyhow..... ‘miracle’ happens and I was the opposite of you.  Told everyone it would be called  back in total  and utmost confidence.  

When I came out of the bathroom I was devastated and it still hurts   ???

That is freakin’ hilarious!

disclaimer:   I also do not advocate violence. ?

Not kidney stones, I hope! ?