One thing that always made me angry about the Music City Miracle

3 minutes ago, Fred Marchibroda said:

OMG!  It worked.  Now I am officially depressed!  ?

Strategy smategy!   Give me culture instead!!!

Culture is what I need!   Culture is what I want.  ?

I got a fevah! And the only prescription is more culture!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

Yuck.  IMO NFL has already downgraded its product significantly by throwing flags when the ref isn't sure or it's a close play.  The default should always be to not throw a flag.

Go back and look at the overhead photo of where the 11 Bills were at the moment of the pass.  The kick coverage would have embarrassed a high school coach.

Can you provide a picture or link to this view?    I am not certain I’ve seen this angle before.   If anyone has it please provide   Thanks

31 minutes ago, Fred Marchibroda said:

Can you provide a picture or link to this view?    I am not certain I’ve seen this angle before.   If anyone has it please provide   Thanks

Very fuzzy, but you get the idea. I don't know why uploading the picture after I numbered it made it even fuzzier. 11 is the kicker and he's outside the shot of the camera but he's right over by that spot. They actually stayed in their lanes for most of the play, but once Wycheck started making his cut to the right, everyone chased him at that point.

eOh2Rf0.jpg

Also, just for the record, I know people will hate me for saying it, but I think it was always pretty obvious that it was in fact a backwards pass.

Edited by DCOrange

3 hours ago, buffalobillswin said:

I feel this place isn't angry/depressed enough, so let's re-live the Music City Miracle to get ready for the Titans...

The Bills kicked the fg on first and 10 with 20 seconds left. This is totally playing the result but man I wish we would have kneeled, spiked it and then kicked the fg with 4 seconds on the clock. 

What would that have changed? The Titans still get to run a kick back. Now, if the Bills had kicked the FG as time expired, ok. 

Edited by Domdab99

3 hours ago, buffalobillswin said:

I feel this place isn't angry/depressed enough, so let's re-live the Music City Miracle to get ready for the Titans...

The Bills kicked the fg on first and 10 with 20 seconds left. This is totally playing the result but man I wish we would have kneeled, spiked it and then kicked the fg with 4 seconds on the clock. 

Yeah that was about the dumbest thing I’ve ever witnessed.  They deserved to lose after that 

3 hours ago, Utah John said:

This is correct.  If the Bills had done their jobs, the trick play would not have worked.

And while we're at it, before Brett Hull scored his no-goal (which shouldn't have been allowed), a Sabre went right past him, attempting to poke check the puck away, instead of flattening Hull and ending the opportunity.  And for that matter, the exhausted Sabres hadn't had a decent scoring chance since the third period, and sooner or later one of the Stars would have scored.

Yes. Good Ole Holzinger. Fly by he'll live forever. Patrick did hit the crossbar in the 2nd OT though. 

You really want to be depressed? Hitchcock said that neither Hull or Modano would have been available in Game 7 due to injury. What could have been. 

Edited by gomper

I watched the throw and said it would be called back and went to get another beer and when I got back It apparently was a TD

4 hours ago, K-9 said:

Stay in your lanes!!!

Best imitation of 8 year olds all chasing after the ball on a soccer field

After all these years I still cannot definitively state that it was a forward pass,that’s how close it was.

It should have never come down to that. Three things stick out. First is Ralph’s meddling in the QB situation, and it should have been Flutie QBing instead of Johnson.

Having said that,Johnson had us winning that game, which leads to the next two problems.

Why on Earth are you kicking a Field Goal on first down with 20 something seconds left. Kneel down, call a time out,eat clock until there are 3 seconds left.

And

The decision to squib kick was terrible. We had enough leg to punch it deep. Afraid of the run back is no way to play.

Hell, they would have been better off kicking it out of bounds.

Poor,poor special teams coaching and what a surprise.

4 hours ago, Mark92 said:

Flutie should have started, we should have taken the game clock down to 3 seconds AND it was a forward pass!  All of it contributed to the outcome.  

Flutie lost every playoff game, even after being handed the SB defending Bears team, possibly better than the one that won it the prior year

7 hours ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

If we kicked with 4 seconds to go time would have expired as it went through.

True. OOPS! So many years have gone by. It sucked, and it’s actually funny in our house because I was pacing, telling the boys it wasn’t over. Sometimes I HATE being right! 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

To me nothing related to Bills football hurts more than "wide right", nothing.

Ronnie Harmon's no catch, MCM or even losing to the Jags in Kelly's last game. Nothing compares to "wide right". At least to me.

The blowouts to Washington and Dallas were the worst. To be so good and then get crushed was brutal. When the SI came after the Cowgirls’ SB it went straight to the trash. 

3 hours ago, Augie said:

True. OOPS! So many years have gone by. It sucked, and it’s actually funny in our house because I was pacing, telling the boys it wasn’t over. Sometimes I HATE being right! 

Trying to be gratuitous, I told the guy next to me the same thing.....

8 hours ago, dlonce said:

After all these years I still cannot definitively state that it was a forward pass,that’s how close it was.

It should have never come down to that. Three things stick out. First is Ralph’s meddling in the QB situation, and it should have been Flutie QBing instead of Johnson.

Having said that,Johnson had us winning that game, which leads to the next two problems.

Why on Earth are you kicking a Field Goal on first down with 20 something seconds left. Kneel down, call a time out,eat clock until there are 3 seconds left.

And

The decision to squib kick was terrible. We had enough leg to punch it deep. Afraid of the run back is no way to play.

Hell, they would have been better off kicking it out of bounds.

Poor,poor special teams coaching and what a surprise.

Interesting take. I wonder what the stats would have shown on that. I'm never worried about a hail Mary unless it's in New England and Henry Jones is on the team.