Shout out to our new, hard working punter. Thank you Pats.

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’ll give him a mulligan until we know exactly what happened 

I believe he thought they called a fake.

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

He's a rookie who made one mistake and people think they are just going to cut him because of it?

Uh, ST players get cut in the regular season all the time.  Have you watched the NFL?

4 hours ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

Bad communication. He obviously thought it was a fake FG pass, but he was the only one...rookie mistake. 

Sarcasm, right???

Rookie mistake or rookie hazing? Lol

"Hey rook, coach just said he wants you to try a pass on this one, I swear we are all going to get open for the pass, hehehe!"

Or he was trying out for a local production of the Peanuts Christmas play and he really wants the part of Lucy?

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

I believe he thought they called a fake.

Uh, ST players get cut in the regular season all the time.  Have you watched the NFL?

Yeah, watched alot of NFL games, dont normally see the kicker or punter cut because of one single bad play in their rookie season.

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

Rookie mistake or rookie hazing? Lol

"Hey rook, coach just said he wants you to try a pass on this one, I swear we are all going to get open for the pass, hehehe!"

Or he was trying out for a local production of the Peanuts Christmas play and he really wants the part of Lucy?

Yeah, watched alot of NFL games, dont normally see the kicker or punter cut because of one single bad play in their rookie season.

The "he's a rookie" doesn't count in ST play.  Kicking is kicking.  If you do poorly, you get launched.  

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’ll give him a mulligan until we know exactly what happened 

I don't think we'll ever know exactly what happened, other than what we saw. Bojorquez thought it was a fake, but he was alone ie he was mistaken. That, or it was a fake, and the 10 others blew it.

14 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

The "he's a rookie" doesn't count in ST play.  Kicking is kicking.  If you do poorly, you get launched.  

Well his kicking has been top notch so far. As a rookie, he's one of the best punters in the league. Doubt he gets "launched" over this.

12 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

He's second in the NFL in punts.

Do well when you're number is called. 

3 minutes ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

I don't think we'll ever know exactly what happened, other than what we saw. Bojorquez thought it was a fake, but he was alone ie he was mistaken. That, or it was a fake, and the 10 others blew it.

Well his kicking has been top notch so far. As a rookie, he's one of the best punters in the league. Doubt he gets "launched" over this.

He's like 19th in yards per punt.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

He's like 19th in yards per punt.

Yeah! If he would just punt the ball through the endzone instead of trying to put it inside the 20 all the time his average would be better... right? Idiot kickers. 

7 minutes ago, transient said:

Yeah! If he would just punt the ball through the endzone instead of trying to put it inside the 20 all the time his average would be better... right? Idiot kickers. 

Our punter must be the only one trying to put in inside the 20.  The Bills are ahead of the curve on ST strategy!

2 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

He's second in the NFL in punts.

Do you discount Drew Brees TD passes because he has the most pass attempts?

1 hour ago, BringBackOrton said:

Our punter must be the only one trying to put in inside the 20.  The Bills are ahead of the curve on ST strategy!

No.  When he places it inside the 20 as many times as he does, his average is affected.

38 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

No.  When he places it inside the 20 as many times as he does, his average is affected.

Wait.... What??

Shouldn't his average be better since the ball doesn't come back out to the 20???

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Do you discount Drew Brees TD passes because he has the most pass attempts?

Drew Brees doesn't have the most pass attempts.

Two punters punt from the 50.  If you put it on the 10, its a 40 yard punt.  If you punt into the EZ, it's a 30 yard punt.  Not sure what point you're making.

14 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Drew Brees doesn't have the most pass attempts.

Two punters punt from the 50.  If you put it on the 10, its a 40 yard punt.  If you punt into the EZ, it's a 30 yard punt.  Not sure what point you're making.

The point is, as of today, nearly half of his punts have been inside the 20 (15 of 31), yet the stat you’re focusing on is the average distance of his punts. If he kicked the ball further on those punts what good does that do?  If he’s kicking from his 45 a punt downed within the 10 is going to decrease his average distance, yet it’s a good punt. By NFL rankings, taking into account game situations, average yd per return, total and net yardage, etc he’s ranked 5th in the league, but carry on with your explanation of how he sucks.