Shout out to our new, hard working punter. Thank you Pats.

YoloinOhio

Just now, transient said:

The point is, as of today, nearly half of his punts have been inside the 20 (15 of 31), yet the stat you’re focusing on is the average distance of his punts. If he kicked the ball further on those punts what good does that do?  If he’s kicking from his 45 a punt downed within the 10 is going to decrease his average distance, yet it’s a good punt. By NFL rankings, taking into account game situations, average yd per return, total and net yardage, etc he’s ranked 5th in the league, but carry on with your explanation of how he sucks. 

Dude, do you think our punter is the only one who ever kicks from his 45 to the 10?  Please think for one second.

6 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Drew Brees doesn't have the most pass attempts.

Two punters punt from the 50.  If you put it on the 10, its a 40 yard punt.  If you punt into the EZ, it's a 30 yard punt.  Not sure what point you're making.

Mom talking in general....Drew Brees was a consistent leader in pass attempts and TD’s.

Punters are asked to pin keep the ball inside the 20 and our guy does it a lot.  Amount of times and percentage wise.  You are literally criticizing a guy doing what’s asked of him.  

5 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Dude, do you think our punter is the only one who ever kicks from his 45 to the 10?  Please think for one second.

No he’s not the only one but he does it a lot.  

You are probably the only guy I’ve seen on this board criticizing a guy for doing his job.

Bojorquez is a detriment to the team and should be cut. He has decent yardage on his kicks, but with terrible hang time and placement. Not to mention 2 turnovers that are entirely his fault (Baltimore game and whatever the F*** that was yesterday). He's a great example of how yardage stats don't tell the whole story. 

PFF special teams rankings through week 4:

BUF-Bills-Header.png

SPECIAL TEAMS RANK: 18

Special teams was a big reason they played above their metrics last year, and their regression there hasn’t helped much this season.  New punter Corey Bojorquez has the lowest grade at his position group so far, accompanied by the lowest average hang time.

On 10/4/2018 at 11:23 AM, Freddie's Dead said:

He's good at inside the 20, I'll give him that.  Now if he can only handle snaps in the rain, and not do 35 yard punts from his own 10-yard line....

He didnt mishandle the snap- he thought it was a fake lol. But he has been great so far!

On 10/4/2018 at 2:49 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

Ah, back to the days when Brian Moorman was the best player on the Bills.  Bring back those ugly uniforms and SM’s dad Jauron! ?

Ha- you had to go there lol

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Chris Brown is adamant on the John Murphy show that on that big punt return, the Titans (Williams?) return man waived for a fair catch.

You couldn't see it on the replay but he said he waived that hand.

They mentioned on the broadcast as well that they thought he did ... but then moved on. Is that challenge-able/did our coaches miss it?

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

They mentioned on the broadcast as well that they thought he did ... but then moved on. Is that challenge-able/did our coaches miss it?

I'm not sure if you can even challenge that?  

Thanks for letting me know about them mentioning that on the broadcast.  I was at a bar and the audio was on the Steelers/Falcons game.

Man...the Falcons are 1-4 with that stacked team?