Bills claim DT Jordan Phillips

JoeF

14 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Who exactly are we supposed to pick up, the baby Dez Bryant, the often injured Jeremy Maclin who said no to us already, or Rishard Matthews who decided not to put forth enough effort after injury to get targets. Yeah, GOOD LUCK...

Any of those would still be an upgrade over what we have. We could also try and trade for somebody defeat considering that we have 10 draft picks in next years draft. 

5 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

Any of those would still be an upgrade over what we have. We could also try and trade for somebody defeat considering that we have 10 draft picks in next years draft. 

Who’s available for trade?  Not sure teams are lining up at the door to ship off their good WRs

34 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s apparently a Bill Belichik, mike Tomlin and Sean Payton kind of guy. Works for me. 

30k a week to kick the tires on a middling rotational DT. Who wouldn’t? All I was saying is that a player who screams obscenities at a coach doesn’t sound like a McDermott kind of guy. His stats were pedestrian, his height is a bit of a liability in the run game especially at tackle, and he takes plays off without a full workload. Things are never determined by one incident but a combination of incidents. 

21 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

Are you in denial regarding this season?  Why would we trade draft picks (our near future) for 2018 players? 

And the dez talkers - why throw away so much money on 2018 like that??  Development for JA perhaps but that's a lot of money for a short term play friend for him.  

Edited by sleeby

10 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

guess where the main culprit of watching White get ambushed is......

Playing for another team

And I'm glad Preston Brown is off the team for that reason alone.

Lafayette Pitts should have been gone as well.

That was totally unacceptable.

Figured out why McCoach wanted this guy. He probably reminds him of Kris Jenkins who was drafted by Carolina also in the second round, so at least a facsimile of a Panther if not quite the real deal .

If he can morph into KJ (and stay healthy) that would be great and a big poke in the eye of the fish. 

2 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Figured out why McCoach wanted this guy. He probably reminds him of Kris Jenkins who was drafted by Carolina also in the second round, so at least a facsimile of a Panther if not quite the real deal .

If he can morph into KJ (and stay healthy) that would be great and a big poke in the eye of the fish. 

Definitely like the extra juice coming from the Fish, but it could just be that they believe he’s more talented than Robert Johnson, who he’s replacing. And he has a lot of starting experience as well. 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Definitely like the extra juice coming from the Fish, but it could just be that they believe he’s more talented than Robert Johnson, who he’s replacing. And he has a lot of starting experience as well. 

No doubt. Actually when I look at him, his size, strength and athleticism its me who is reminded of Jenkins, a two time all pro, four time  pro bowler. Just wishful thinking of course.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, DBilz2500 said:

Sign A freakin WR!!!!! What the hell is wrong with this regime?!?!?! You trade up for this Stud QB and give him no line and WR's?!?!? What a clown show. But that's right culture matters over talent. SMH....

Sign who? Dez? Keep on dreaming 

5 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Who exactly are we supposed to pick up, the baby Dez Bryant, the often injured Jeremy Maclin who said no to us already, or Rishard Matthews who decided not to put forth enough effort after injury to get targets. Yeah, GOOD LUCK...

People act like this is April and we are in the middle of free agency where there are all these WR's on the market. Dez to me would be about as productive as KB and not worth the locker room issues. I hope that the Bills maybe kick the tires on a WR like Matthews but I hold no delusions of grandeur that any street level free agent is going to offer a meaningful upgrade to what the team has. 

Now I do think it is possible that there might be someone off the street that can offer an upgrade but we aren't talking about anything insane. Maybe a guy like Matthews is a little better than what we are throwing out there. But there are no major difference makers out on the market. 

I also like the Phillips signing, yes we are deep at DT but if a good player falls into your lap it doesn't matter how deep you are if he offers an upgrade take him. 

Edited by billsfan89
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

People act like this is April and we are in the middle of free agency where there are all these WR's on the market. Dez to me would be about as productive as KB and not worth the locker room issues. I hope that the Bills maybe kick the tires on a WR like Matthews but I hold no delusions of grandeur that any street level free agent is going to offer a meaningful upgrade to what the team has. 

Now I do think it is possible that there might be someone off the street that can offer an upgrade but we aren't talking about anything insane. Maybe a guy like Matthews is a little better than what we are throwing out there. But there are no major difference makers out on the market. 

I also like the Phillips signing, yes we are deep at DT but if a good player falls into your lap it doesn't matter how deep you are if he offers an upgrade take him. 

It looks like the other trend in not just defensive players....but also players that are not of high salaries.

They really wanna clear that cap space for next year.   I do wonder what they are planning.