Bills claim DT Jordan Phillips

JoeF

7 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

He freaked out because he wants to be on the field.  How is that not the type of player that fits the culture.

Agreed.  I can think of far worse attitude problems.  If Dareus had shown the same “attitude,” he might still be here.

7 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

This move tells me that McDermott may just be humble enough to accept that in order for him to build that culture he so desperately craves, he's going to have to deal with some guys who aren't perfect.

In business, whether it be the NFL, IBM, or Belle Tire, you either adapt or die.

I like the move quite a bit symbolically. Maybe they're finally catching on.

Either that or Beane doesn’t believe in culture at the same level as McD.

I actually like that Phillips was pissed off about not getting more reps. We need more guys who want to destroy Tom Brady.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

I'd say it depends on how he does this week in practice but I wouldn't hold my breath on him playing.

.....OR......if he's released.......recent signings get a spot in the lot that says, "FIFTEEN MINUTE PARKING"..............

15 hours ago, DBilz2500 said:

Sign A freakin WR!!!!! What the hell is wrong with this regime?!?!?! You trade up for this Stud QB and give him no line and WR's?!?!? What a clown show. But that's right culture matters over talent. SMH....

It is obvious we don’t care about winning.  They wanted to suck last year but it didn’t happen.  They are making sure it won’t happen again.  Keep building the defense to make it look less obvious.  TANK!

50 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

everybody's crying about receivers....they cut oleary,  kerley,  streater,  reilly and coleman (so i wouldn't hold my breath on trades).....and we are depending on kb,  jones,  holmes and foster.

omg, now that i just thought about that, i threw up a little in my mouth....ugggh.  it's gonna be a long, long year.

O’Leary - Miami practice squad

streater - Browns, not playing 

reilly, kerely, Coleman - currently out of the league 

while I don’t like the current group much, not sure any of these guys make a noticeable upgrade since they couldn’t beat them out after directly competing with them 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

O’Leary - Miami practice squad

streater - Browns, not playing 

reilly, kerely, Coleman - currently out of the league 

while I don’t like the current group much, not sure any of these guys make a noticeable upgrade since they couldn’t beat them out after directly competing with them 

technically you are correct and stating the obvious however,  our current crop is not getting open....not near enough and quick enough to help josh and the passing game and that to me is very discouraging.

oleary always made plays and clutch catches...vs. keeping khari lee?

streater if nothing else can damn sure get open deep

reilly seemed to have great hands and very good speed. sometimes you have to depend on developing young guys.

kerley...well who is playing our slot receiver?

coleman ...well ok. i thought they hit on something with a former 1st rd. pick.  i don't understand how they saw enough in two weeks to do a 180.

point is, people are complaining about not bringing in receivers, but the ones above represent the best options that there are right now.

right now we have to go with 2 tight ends to have any options for passing. the problem with that is kb and zay/holmes can be covered one on one leaving the safeties to play the line and/ or blitz. they can put the backers on our tight ends. i guess what i'm trying to say is...i don't know how the f... we are gonna be able to get a pass game going.

3 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

technically you are correct and stating the obvious however,  our current crop is not getting open....not near enough and quick enough to help josh and the passing game and that to me is very discouraging.

oleary always made plays and clutch catches...vs. keeping khari lee?

streater if nothing else can damn sure get open deep

reilly seemed to have great hands and very good speed. sometimes you have to depend on developing young guys.

kerley...well who is playing our slot receiver?

coleman ...well ok. i thought they hit on something with a former 1st rd. pick.  i don't understand how they saw enough in two weeks to do a 180.

point is, people are complaining about not bringing in receivers, but the ones above represent the best options that there are right now.

right now we have to go with 2 tight ends to have any options for passing. the problem with that is kb and zay/holmes can be covered one on one leaving the safeties to play the line and/ or blitz. they can put the backers on our tight ends. i guess what i'm trying to say is...i don't know how the f... we are gonna be able to get a pass game going.

Khari Lee is the better run blocker than o Leary  that’s why he’s on the team. Croom and Logan thomas are the ones who made the team over O’Leary from a receiving standpoint. I agree with croom but LT is a big question mark. Not seeing it. 

1 hour ago, Ray Finkel said:

It is obvious we don’t care about winning.  They wanted to suck last year but it didn’t happen.  They are making sure it won’t happen again.  Keep building the defense to make it look less obvious.  TANK!

If "they" wanted to suck, they would have sucked.  You don't win by accident in the highly competitive NFL.

They want to win this year too.  But the actual plan is to win next year and in 2020.    Just look at the cap spending.  It tells you everything you need to know.  As best as he could, Beane put all the dead money into 2018 and that's left us with the lowest paid, worst roster this year. 

At the same time, Beane's been freeing up cap space in 2019 and beyond.  In 2019, we have the 4th most available cap space as of right now.  In 2020, we have the most.  We also have some extra draft picks.    

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

Edited by hondo in seattle

2 hours ago, The Wiz said:

He freaked out because he wants to be on the field.  How is that not the type of player that fits the culture.

Key word is he freaked out and by the account given was dropping F-bombs to the point the player and coach had to be separated. Doesn’t sound like a McDermott kind of guy. A lot of people want to be on the field. 

2 minutes ago, iinii said:

Key word is he freaked out and by the account given was dropping F-bombs to the point the player and coach had to be separated. Doesn’t sound like a McDermott kind of guy. A lot of people want to be on the field. 

He’s apparently a Bill Belichik, mike Tomlin and Sean Payton kind of guy. Works for me. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, DBilz2500 said:

Sign A freakin WR!!!!! What the hell is wrong with this regime?!?!?! You trade up for this Stud QB and give him no line and WR's?!?!? What a clown show. But that's right culture matters over talent. SMH....

Who exactly are we supposed to pick up, the baby Dez Bryant, the often injured Jeremy Maclin who said no to us already, or Rishard Matthews who decided not to put forth enough effort after injury to get targets. Yeah, GOOD LUCK...

As for removing players with personalities that don't fit are we sure it's badasses that are undesired?  I think it's more prima donnas, lazy guys, those afraid to tackle and such that get removed.  Who was a bad ass which was cut or traded by McD?  Richie was not shunned by McD.

As for this guy, he might be an exception as the cost is so very low.  Not much risk to try.

Rebuild - let them do whatever they can with the defense now - it will only mean that much more love for offense come draft.  

Edited by sleeby

JP was thought by many to be a first round talent and it is pretty obvious why. Thing is his motor has always been suspect. He has himself said it runs hot and cold. It was his rep in college too where people thought he underachieved relative to his talent. He's like Josh Allen not just because he can high hurdle opposing players but mainly because they both have very high ceilings. If Allen fails tho it won't be for lack of trying. 

If Coach can light a fire under this guy and get his head right the Bills will have found a very good player.

Edited by starrymessenger