Bills claim DT Jordan Phillips

JoeF

8 hours ago, ganesh said:

Didn't Miami do that with all the stars on the front seven ?

They gave them all deals like JJ Watt’s?

Clowney is going to want to be the highest paid guy at his position. That doesn’t mean he will get it, but it only takes one.

Edited by YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Clowney is going to want to be the highest paid guy at his position. That doesn’t mean he will get it, but it only takes one.

I’ve wondered if Hughes isn’t brought back after this year if Clowney would be the one we target in the offseason....not if he wants a ridiculous contract though.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

It's going to depend on how well Clowney performs this season. If he gets double digit sacks and is outright dominant than it is likely he will at least come close to Mack numbers. I could see the Jets or Colts shelling out big money to acquire a pass rusher like him. But if Clowney doesn't put together a bit more consistency than I think he takes a deal two notches below Mack. Odds are he signs a deal at 20 million aav or at worst 17.5 aav if his season is good not great. 

5 hours ago, PolishPrince said:

Phillips played great today IMO, especially for just picking up the playbook.

Maybe if we can get another lineman named Phillips we can nickname our DLine "The Law Firm! Phillips, Phillips and Phillips!"  (Harrison, Jordan and new guy here)

/sarc

Kind of like when there was 25 guys named William's on the team.

• Like (+1) 1