Bills claim DT Jordan Phillips

JoeF

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Waived then signed means we get his previous contract, or new contract?

Still researching Hapless but I believe the Bills inherit the existing contract, which in Phillips' case expires this year.  We owe him his contractual game checks for as long as he is with the Bills this year.

https://overthecap.com/player/jordan-phillips/3900

Bills owe him the remaining base salary (about $358K) for this year divided by 12 game checks...so about $30K per week.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, JoeF said:

Still researching Hapless but I believe the Bills inherit the existing contract, which in Phillips' case expires this year.  We owe him his contractual game checks for as long as he is with the Bills this year.

Bills owe him the remaining base salary (about $358K) for this year divided by 12 game checks...so about $30K per week.

Thanks JoeF!  That's not bad risk/reward then even if he doesn't pan out.

Character trumps strategy.

Desperation trumps character.

Trump's character is desperate. 

18 minutes ago, wppete said:

That's awesome. He runs, he hurdles. Someone check if he can throw and we have our backup QB!

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Character trumps strategy.

Desperation trumps character.

Trump's character is desperate. 

This pretty much mirrors the type of character McD wants. A guy who wants to be on the field. It’s “culture” over strategy btw. 

Giving a 2nd rd talent a change of scenery to see if he can reach his potential is similar to what they did with Corey Coleman. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

This pretty much mirrors the type of character McD wants. A guy who wants to be on the field. It’s “culture” over strategy btw. 

Giving a 2nd rd talent a change of scenery to see if he can reach his potential is similar to what they did with Corey Coleman. 

I was just kidding, I don't care who they bring in so long as it improves the team ;)

46 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

...before season three ends.... but I get ya- this regime loves them some DT’s that suck

Actually they want better ones, which is why they keep bringing in new ones to see if they suck a little less than the other guy.

• Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, JoeF said:

How are they ever going to afford that!

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Interesting.  He's been a bad player and fights with his coaches...

The type player McDermott wants I bet.

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

That’s a large human being.

Go to Pizza Hut and he is considered small.