Bills claim DT Jordan Phillips

JoeF

Just now, billspro said:

I love that we are improving the D but when do we start adding to the other side of the ball?

I'm all for improving the offense but who's available that improve things enough to be worth losing someone else who they have reps with.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

Sign A freakin WR!!!!! What the hell is wrong with this regime?!?!?! You trade up for this Stud QB and give him no line and WR's?!?!? What a clown show. But that's right culture matters over talent. SMH....

Was there a WR on waivers worth claiming instead? Personally I think they should at least sign Brandon Tate, but I don’t think this move precludes that. It’s DT for DT depth swap.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 5

Bills claim former second round pick DT Jordan Phillips

The Bills are always on the lookout for ways to improve their 53-man roster. On Wednesday, such an opportunity presented itself. Buffalo was awarded the claim for DT Jordan Phillips.

The former second-round pick of the Miami Dolphins (2015) was released by the Bills division rival on Tuesday. Phillips, a former Oklahoma Sooner, is a mountain of a man at 6-6 and 341 pounds and was a full-time starter for the Dolphins each of the last two seasons.

Miami’s coaching staff made him a rotational defensive tackle this season.

Phillips’ most productive season came in 2016 when he had 23 tackles, three pass breakups, an interception and a half sack.

To make room on the roster for Phillips the Bills released defensive tackle Robert Thomas.

6 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Has anyone mentioned culture yet? Because I don’t know about you, but that stuff is hilarious.... Every 4 seconds that we see it referenced..

No, but I just had some yogurt...

By the way, no surprise but Yolo probably beat me to this by milliseconds..

Edited by JoeF

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Was there a WR on waivers worth claiming instead? Personally I think they should at least sign Brandon Tate, but I don’t think this move precludes that. It’s DT for DT depth swap.

A trade even would be fine but something to at least give Allen a little help around him. 

1 minute ago, DBilz2500 said:

A trade even would be fine but something to at least give Allen a little help around him. 

Hell yeah I agree . They might have some potential deals come together closer to the deadline.

Edited by YoloinOhio

All cool in well. Would rather see them claim a couple WR's and OL. Kinda head scratching when it seems they are not trying to get anyone who can improve the worst part of the team. But anyways.....maybe they try and get a few offensive players soon, we'll see.

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....knowing we're all set at WR and Josh's backup, I'm glad were addressing glaring needs...........this should do it............

This season isn't exactly likely to go to the playoffs even if Josh does stay healthy if he doesn't even more so. Why waste money on whatever you might be able to scrape up now when the plan seems to pick up free-agents and draft weapons for next year.

3 minutes ago, JoeF said:

Okay, this is impressive...Jordan Phillips the D-Tackle version of Josh Allen...

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2016/11/06/video-miami-dolphins-dt-jordan-phillips-hurdles-a-jet-after-interception/

I mean I guess that counts as a hurdle.

• Haha (+1) 1