Sal Carpaccio’s Plan To Fix Offense in 2019

I know this would be a LONG shot and you'd have to find someone willing to trade up but if it were me and we had a REALLY high pick I'd trade down and grab someone's second. In fact if I went from, say, pick 3 to pick 9, I would consider trading down again to maybe the late teens. 

At this point I'd just try and accumulate as many picks in the first three rounds as I could and completely rebuild that O-line, mixed with some veteran leadership via FA. Grab a couple of WRs and maybe a TE. I'd try and draft two wideouts in the first three rounds, and also get at least one through FA. Three o-linemen, two via FA. A TE, some depth at CB somewhere along the way - I do trust this regime at picking up defensive backs, even in the later rounds. 

Easy to say but that would be how I'd attack it. I see the logic of going after a 'superstar' WR high in the draft but they are notorious for taking a while to develop in many cases, so I'd rather improve the talent in many areas right across the offense.

• Like (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

I know this would be a LONG shot and you'd have to find someone willing to trade up but if it were me and we had a REALLY high pick I'd trade down and grab someone's second. In fact if I went from, say, pick 3 to pick 9, I would consider trading down again to maybe the late teens. 

At this point I'd just try and accumulate as many picks in the first three rounds as I could and completely rebuild that O-line, mixed with some veteran leadership via FA. Grab a couple of WRs and maybe a TE. I'd try and draft two wideouts in the first three rounds, and also get at least one through FA. Three o-linemen, two via FA. A TE, some depth at CB somewhere along the way - I do trust this regime at picking up defensive backs, even in the later rounds. 

Easy to say but that would be how I'd attack it. I see the logic of going after a 'superstar' WR high in the draft but they are notorious for taking a while to develop in many cases, so I'd rather improve the talent in many areas right across the offense.

If we end up on this track for a high draft pick, and the entire answer to our roster problems isn't something we can address with a single pick, I'd love to see us trade down, even if the extra picks come in the next year's draft.

Edited by ctk232

55 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

I'm confused you said one guy is like AJ Green then you said the other is the best WR in college and compared him to Dez.

AJ Green is and will always be better than Dez, see where I'm confused

Just comparing playing style and player build. 

Im a Georgia fan as you can see and I’d take AJ all day.

right now I feel the player that reminds me of Dez type playing style is NKeal Harry. I feel he’s the top WR in the nation right now.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm sorry is this supposed to be big news?  The Bills need a Wide Receiver?  Who knew? 

From what I've seen the professional performance of college WRs is very hard to predict.  You roll the dice and take your chances. 

I'm more of the mindset that you get some offensive linemen first, and then see what's left on the Board.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I can’t listen to this because I’m getting drunk at a bar with my 3 year old son next to me.  Can anyone do a summary for me?

sure no problem. we can have a drink together. just give me your name so i'll know who to look for.....nevermind.... a 3yr. old on a bar stool... i should be able to find you..?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, jr1 said:

As an Ole Miss fan, you don’t want Brown.

He beats up on the little teams then when the big boys come to town he’s a ghost.

I’d rather draft DK Metcalf in the second than brown in the first.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, McBean said:

As an Ole Miss fan, you don’t want Brown.

He beats up on the little teams then when the big boys come to town he’s a ghost.

I’d rather draft DK Metcalf in the second than brown in the first.

For what it’s worth, all four of the guys at TheDraftNetwork.com have Metcalf ranked as their #1 WR in the draft. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

For what it’s worth, all four of the guys at TheDraftNetwork.com have Metcalf ranked as their #1 WR in the draft. 

Oh you mean John Ledyard - full time high school football coach, self-appointed draft analyst?  0 years NFL experience?  Or his lackey Joe Marino?

Their opinions mean very little.