Syracuse Basketball 2023-24

Buffalo716

Autry says he wants to add another guard and center to the ‘23 roster.  This comment came after the Westry commit.  I know they’ve offered Moussa Cisse who could potentially be granted a waiver and play in ‘23, but he has a lot of interest from other P5 teams.  I wonder which guard he has in mind 🤔 

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/14/2023 at 10:24 AM, Jauronimo said:

You gave up on your dream school instead of waiting four months?

Haha. That's what I was thinking.  I'm a Buffalonian and UCLA alum.  I had buddies in my fraternity that were Winter admissions.  My recollection is that they had to take classes through the Extension program for that Fall quarter and then immediately matriculated into the 4 year program starting in January.  I believe they had housing in the dorms as well.    

On 4/18/2023 at 10:11 AM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Autry says he wants to add another guard and center to the ‘23 roster.  This comment came after the Westry commit.  I know they’ve offered Moussa Cisse who could potentially be granted a waiver and play in ‘23, but he has a lot of interest from other P5 teams.  I wonder which guard he has in mind 🤔 

Red is loading up

I haven’t been this excited for a Syracuse season in a while.. And I’m always excited

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

I haven't heard anything concrete, but it seems that the recruiting world at large expects us to land Donnie Freeman, which would be a huge get for us.

2024 power forward, right?  I had heard the same thing recently.  There was one other school (I believe Maryland) that was also still in the mix….

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

2024 power forward, right?  I had heard the same thing recently.  There was one other school (I believe Maryland) that was also still in the mix….

Yessir. Generally considered a top 30 recruit in his class. He didn't really light it up this first weekend of EYBL games, but made the All-Defense team and was still pretty solid. He and Jahlil Bethea seem to be the two best 2024 guys that we're going after.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/23/2023 at 7:24 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Red Autry recruiting HARD right now.  He’s everywhere and in person meeting with these kids.  Future looks bright.

Just not as bright as the red and white of St John’s Red Storm with Rick Pitino in MSG with the money to buy the players. I don’t have a doubt Rick Pitino will be more successful than Syracuse Orange basketball. Syracuse fan is going to have to get use to that Syracuse basketball is limited in a college free agency system today like Buffalo Sabres hockey that is a big reason why Jim Boeheim moved on. It doesn’t mean that the Orange and Sabres can’t win but there limited by the market they both play in in my opinion. Go Bills! Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

36 minutes ago, I am leaving for good said:

Just not as bright as the red and white of St John’s Red Storm with Rick Pitino in MSG with the money to buy the players. I don’t have a doubt Rick Pitino will be more successful than Syracuse Orange basketball. Syracuse fan is going to have to get use to that Syracuse basketball is limited in a college free agency system today like Buffalo Sabres hockey that is a big reason why Jim Boeheim moved on. It doesn’t mean that the Orange and Sabres can’t win but there limited by the market they both play in in my opinion. Go Bills! Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Billy Madison Shut Up GIF

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, I am leaving for good said:

And st johns will be on probation in 2 years

37 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Why would Boeheim pay this family off?  He didn’t do anything illegal.  If he wanted to help the family financially that’s one thing, but this almost implies some degree of guilt.

11 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Why would Boeheim pay this family off?  He didn’t do anything illegal.  If he wanted to help the family financially that’s one thing, but this almost implies some degree of guilt.

Yea… I thought he was cleared of doing anything wrong

Paying for a funeral or something is one thing… Settling would imply some sort of guilt

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, DCOrange said:

I haven't heard anything myself, but another person I know that has sources is saying he's officially worried about Judah Mintz leaving.

I haven’t heard anything.  This would suck.  Selfishly, I want him back obviously.  I really do think he can be a 2024 lottery pick with another year of good coaching and improving his outside shot.

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I haven’t heard anything.  This would suck.  Selfishly, I want him back obviously.  I really do think he can be a 2024 lottery pick with another year of good coaching and improving his outside shot.

Yea I’ve heard zero 

He’s not a first round pick this year… But can be a lottery pick if he comes back

Him and JJ would be dynamic

• Agree 1