Syracuse Basketball 2023-24

Buffalo716

8 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Seems to be some buzz that we may have been written off re: our chances with Judah Mintz a little too quickly. Still seems to be a DePaul lean, but if we end up stealing him away, he'd become by far our most promising incoming recruit IMO. He was an absolute stud in the NIBC league where Chris Bunch was mostly terrible.

Word around the campfire is that, very recently, the coaching staff has been given cause for hope.  We'll find out tomorrow at 4:00.  I've sent out the "bat signal" to the one connection I have left on the hill that gets reliable information.  Haven't heard back yet.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Cole be gone 👋 

I was thinking why he would want to leave with a year left and a primary role on the team.  Then I was thinking…if I had my degree, and no realistic NBA potential, I’d go and get my $ in Europe while I could too.  Going to be a very young team next year.  

rats! Was hoping he would come back.

I think he actually has an NBA game potentially— could have used another year to see. Also— and maybe this is me— nothing is going to be better than college! Stay another year and have a lot of fun! 

On 4/3/2022 at 8:01 PM, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

rats! Was hoping he would come back.

I think he actually has an NBA game potentially— could have used another year to see. Also— and maybe this is me— nothing is going to be better than college! Stay another year and have a lot of fun! 

He may not be able to defend NBA players 

But he can definitely be a stretch 4 offensively

Judah baby! What a class!

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/16/2022 at 5:36 PM, The Poojer said:

I'd say this is a blessing in disguise if Boeheim finds a suitable replacement but I'm definitely nervous we end up just going into the year with Maliq Brown and Peter Carey as our backup centers and that would probably be a disaster.

Just not a fan of Ballard, at least from his time in high school. Obviously he hasn't had much of a chance to show anything in college so maybe he's developed since then, but he just didn't really do anything in high school.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Buffalo716 changed the title to Syracuse Basketball 2022-23
6 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Looks like Syracuse dodged a bullet with Dior Johnson. I guess he ended up backing out of Oregon and signing with Pitt. Was arrested for aggravated assault and suspended from the team.

https://triblive.com/sports/standout-freshman-pitt-basketball-player-charged-with-assaulting-woman/

I remember being so upset that he de committed

Boeheim didn’t seem that phased… Looks like we did luck out 

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

I remember being so upset that he de committed

Boeheim didn’t seem that phased… Looks like we did luck out 

i didn’t realize it, but the dude was a flake. He probably would have transferred out Anyway after a year. I guess he attended like 10 high schools! 

this incident though will be tough to come back from now. I can see him on the JuCo circuit pretty soon. To think, he went from a Kentucky-type recruit, to then an Oregon-type, to then a Pitt-type, to now probably being out of a major D-1 program. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

i didn’t realize it, but the dude was a flake. He probably would have transferred out Anyway after a year. I guess he attended like 10 high schools! 

this incident though will be tough to come back from now. I can see him on the JuCo circuit pretty soon. To think, he went from a Kentucky-type recruit, to then an Oregon-type, to then a Pitt-type, to now probably being out of a major D-1 program. 

Yes he was a mercenary even in HS

and yes his college choices decreased in prestige every time… from SU to who knows where 

we have a great class this year