Syracuse Basketball 2023-24

Buffalo716

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

This team is close to being good

They are right there… Playing 4 freshmen obviously leave some inexperience

Agree. Hurts that UNC and UVA losses were basically decided by charge calls too. That said, that was a charge by Edwards.

any chance Edwards comes back? He can legit improve his draft stock if he does? Needs to develop an outside shot.   

26 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Agree. Hurts that UNC and UVA losses were basically decided by charge calls too. That said, that was a charge by Edwards.

any chance Edwards comes back? He can legit improve his draft stock if he does? Needs to develop an outside shot.   

I don’t think there is any chance he comes back unfortunately 

I think his draft stock will actually jump decently towards the draft 

hes as good as gone : (

• Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Is Benny Williams done at Cuse? I keep reading stuff about how he wasnt at the last game

He has been a complete bust as a 5 star recruit and just had his starting spot taken.  I’d guess he’s headed toward the transfer portal.  My guess is that he and JB had a heated convo prior to the UVA game.  He’ll “play nice” the rest of the season and then transfer.  No inside info…

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/31/2023 at 6:33 PM, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Feels like he’s more likely to return to Europe than the NBA but you never really know. Either way it doesn’t sound like he’ll be back. I think expectations for next season should be pretty low but it seems like we’re finally starting to recruit again thanks to Weitsman. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Feels like he’s more likely to return to Europe than the NBA but you never really know. Either way it doesn’t sound like he’ll be back. I think expectations for next season should be pretty low but it seems like we’re finally starting to recruit again thanks to Weitsman. 

And to think of all those years we bitched about World Wide Wes and PayCal 😂 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 1/31/2023 at 6:33 PM, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Speaking of Jesse Edwards…

The flying Dutchman has himself a day

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Yeah, he’s playing very well.  Amazing how far he’s come.  The NBA draft will be calling 🤷🏾‍♂️

I agree

with his length and athleticism I see him slipping into the back of round 1, early round 2

he has 7’5 length and can really jump … rapidly developing thanks to the staff… I’m gonna miss Jesse  playing 

Edited by Buffalo716

3 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Yeah, he’s playing very well.  Amazing how far he’s come.  The NBA draft will be calling 🤷🏾‍♂️

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I agree

with his length and athleticism I see him slipping into the back of round 1, early round 2

he has 7’5 length and can really jump … rapidly developing thanks to the staff… I’m gonna miss Jesse  playing 

really terrific game by him, including even passing and on D. I actually think today is a pretty good indicator of his potential, as it was one of the few times he wasn’t regularly doubled. He is not going to get double teamed in the pros. 

I still think though he could really benefit from staying and developing an outside shot, and maybe adding more beef to his frame. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

really terrific game by him, including even passing and on D. I actually think today is a pretty good indicator of his potential, as it was one of the few times he wasn’t regularly doubled. He is not going to get double teamed in the pros. 

I still think though he could really benefit from staying and developing an outside shot, and maybe adding more beef to his frame. 

Of course he could benefit… But Jim will never Tell a hard-working kid like Jesse… Who developed into a pro… That he needs one more year

He will tell him to get the money… And honestly… Look how well a free throw shooter he is… Good touch

He actually had a decent mid range game in high school… I just don’t think he’s showing that much… Because his hook shots are incredible

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Of course he could benefit… But Jim will never Tell a hard-working kid like Jesse… Who developed into a pro… That he needs one more year

He will tell him to get the money… And honestly… Look how well a free throw shooter he is… Good touch

He actually had a decent mid range game in high school… I just don’t think he’s showing that much… Because his hook shots are incredible

Full disclosure— I think with the exception of Dion Waiters, I thought every former Syracuse underclassman should have stayed! So I am a little biased. 

Good point Re his FT shooting and touch. I suspect JB doesn’t want him taking a bunch of 15-footers. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Full disclosure— I think with the exception of Dion Waiters, I thought every former Syracuse underclassman should have stayed! So I am a little biased. 

Good point Re his FT shooting and touch. I suspect JB doesn’t want him taking a bunch of 15-footers. 

And I am with you I think I have wanted every underclassmen to stay especially Tyler Lydon

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This game we should have won by even more, they got their ***** together in the second half though. Edwards was battling through some issues with handing the ball. Girard had a great game and Mintz came on in the 2nd (two missed dunks tho…..)

also thought Benny Williams played some good minutes. Bell did not have his shot today but kept grinding

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1