Syracuse Basketball 2023-24

Buffalo716

1 minute ago, Bray Wyatt said:

What an awful ending to this game

Just dumbfounded. Two terrible charge calls in this game on Mintz. You can’t be running back on D, moving your legs, and be getting a charge call. It defies common sense. And then to call a flagrant there to end the game?! The whole idea of the flagrant is unnecessary plays— guys get hit the face and head all the time on normal drives. 

Just a shame because they should have won. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Just dumbfounded. Two terrible charge calls in this game on Mintz. You can’t be running back on D, moving your legs, and be getting a charge call. It defies common sense. And then to call a flagrant there to end the game?! The whole idea of the flagrant is unnecessary plays— guys get hit the face and head all the time on normal drives. 

Just a shame because they should have won. 

Also on the UNC missed free throw, Bacot pushes Hima in the back which is why he doesn’t get the rebound and no call there either. 

I used to be a much bigger SU basketball fan, but in the last 5 years or so I basically turned into a very casual fan. I would look up the box scores after they played, but didn’t really watch any games unless they were in the Tournament, didn’t follow recruiting, etc. I pretty much went all in on the Bills and became less of a fan of my other teams. Anyway, after yet another crushing Bills playoff loss, I decided I wanted to stop putting all of my passion for sports into one team and thought I would get back into SU basketball, so I watched last night’s game. I couldn’t believe how bad the product was. From the constant replay reviews on obvious calls, the horrendous officiating, the announcing, the lack of replays on the broadcast after questionable calls, the flagrant foul on what was basically just a routine collision. It was all very frustrating and almost unwatchable to me. For those of you who have watched a lot of college basketball recently, are games commonly like this? I played and watched basketball for many years (although not recently) and have never seen plays like that draw a flagrant foul. Is this a new officiating emphasis, or was it more of an anomaly?

36 minutes ago, Cheektavegas Charlie said:

I used to be a much bigger SU basketball fan, but in the last 5 years or so I basically turned into a very casual fan. I would look up the box scores after they played, but didn’t really watch any games unless they were in the Tournament, didn’t follow recruiting, etc. I pretty much went all in on the Bills and became less of a fan of my other teams. Anyway, after yet another crushing Bills playoff loss, I decided I wanted to stop putting all of my passion for sports into one team and thought I would get back into SU basketball, so I watched last night’s game. I couldn’t believe how bad the product was. From the constant replay reviews on obvious calls, the horrendous officiating, the announcing, the lack of replays on the broadcast after questionable calls, the flagrant foul on what was basically just a routine collision. It was all very frustrating and almost unwatchable to me. For those of you who have watched a lot of college basketball recently, are games commonly like this? I played and watched basketball for many years (although not recently) and have never seen plays like that draw a flagrant foul. Is this a new officiating emphasis, or was it more of an anomaly?

Unfortunately, this is becoming more of the norm in basketball. The flagrant foul stuff is similar to how in the NFL they now micro-analyze every ball movement during a “catch” to then overrule our common sense as to what a catch is.

NBA is worse, because you have all these challenges and really wonky interpretations of charges/blocks. 

By the way, how about taking a heart-breaking loss by the Bills to then follow it up with that Syracuse loss. Can’t we find a little sports happiness?! 🥲

17 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Wish they could have pulled that out. Played UVA as well as they ever had on both sides of the ball.

Just a bad charge on Edwards and then UVA hits an absurd contested shot over Hima, and that’s the game. 

This team is close to being good

They are right there… Playing 4 freshmen obviously leave some inexperience

• Agree 2