Syracuse Basketball 2023-24

Buffalo716

15 hours ago, Tierlifer said:

Haha I was actually wondering that too. Adam is extremely wealthy and wouldn’t be surprised if he helicoptered them in but I’m thinking Limo is more like it 

Perhaps even a private jet from Buffalo to Syracuse.  Tanner Gentry and another practice squad player (I have no idea who he is) were also there.  

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I hate to be such a Debbie Downer, but I sometimes question why I am even watching this team. They aren’t good. And I can’t even watch anymore for future player development because all these young guys will probably transfer.   😢

95% of SU players who transfer out have little success elsewhere 

maybe a guy like Peter Carey or Copeland but I can’t see mintz leaving 

JB let’s him play his game 

8 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

95% of SU players who transfer out have little success elsewhere 

maybe a guy like Peter Carey or Copeland but I can’t see mintz leaving 

JB let’s him play his game 

you are preaching to the choir about why these kids shouldn’t transfer. But that seems to be the way of college bball now. I really love Copeland’s potential— but he is good as gone. Also, guys like Carey, Brown, Taylor, and Bell

all seem like transfer risks. 

That game just felt like everything was going wrong for Cuse and despite that still pulled it out

5 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

you are preaching to the choir about why these kids shouldn’t transfer. But that seems to be the way of college bball now. I really love Copeland’s potential— but he is good as gone. Also, guys like Carey, Brown, Taylor, and Bell

all seem like transfer risks. 

With Edwards and JG3 leaving after this year, I expect Taylor and Bell to get much more PT next year. Heck Taylor and Bell both played a decent amount last game, I particularly think Taylor's confidence is growing and you can see it in his play

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Sort of what I expected against UVA. I absolutely hate playing them. They hand check you to the death and it just becomes a sloppy mess of a game. 

Nice to see Cuse fight back and make it a game. 

Ughhh they are scrappy 

I hate playing them too

• Agree 1

58 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Liked Maliq Browns performance against VaTech, he could maybe take over the 5 next year with edwards gone.

On a side note, heard a rumor that Boeheim is done after this year and Pitino is planned to be his successor.

I don't like the idea of Pitino coming in.  Seems like a risky move.  I hope luring Hopkins back isn't off the table 

7 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Liked Maliq Browns performance against VaTech, he could maybe take over the 5 next year with edwards gone.

On a side note, heard a rumor that Boeheim is done after this year and Pitino is planned to be his successor.

Malik is a stud around the rim 

I just don’t think he’s a typical SU center at 6’8

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Amazing how Maliq has developed. The guy is also one of the only legit ACC big bodies we have had in years. Just think too if he can stick for another 2 years or so, and develop more of an offensive game. Could be an NBA player. 

He will absolutely be a 3-4 year guy

Teammates including coach boeheim seem to love him… He is going to be a great player for a long time

Holy ***** we have a real power forward

• Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He will absolutely be a 3-4 year guy

Teammates including coach boeheim seem to love him… He is going to be a great player for a long time

Holy ***** we have a real power forward

@Miyagi-Do Karate

GMac … browns lead recruiter said of him … The first time I watched him,” McNamara said, “I had the thought of this could be the five-star kid that is rated a three-star that everybody who’s a five-star doesn’t want to play against.”

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

@Miyagi-Do Karate

GMac … browns lead recruiter said of him … The first time I watched him,” McNamara said, “I had the thought of this could be the five-star kid that is rated a three-star that everybody who’s a five-star doesn’t want to play against.”

haha— that’s great. And what a great get by Gmac and this program. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Any SU player comparison you get from watching him?

Tough to say.  He’s an exceptional shooter.  Athletic but not physically imposing yet.  Not a guy that’s going to take it to the rack right now.  Still has time to grow into his body.  Gifted shooter for sure though.

Edit:

He’s a smaller Demetris Nichols, IMO.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks
  • Like (+1) 1