Syracuse Basketball 2023-24

Buffalo716

On 11/27/2022 at 10:28 AM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Ugghh 🤦🏾‍♂️

Not sure there is more to say than that. 

While I think some of those charge calls on the Mintz floaters were totally bush league (ball fully released like a foot before contact), obviously Mintz can’t be going around slapping people. 

if there is a positive, it’s that Taylor had a great game. 

I've been waiting for Taylor to get a real shot. Glad to see him step up in a major way. That and Bell continuing to hit mid-range jumpers are pretty much the only positives after that game.

I guess if we're really trying to be optimistic, Jesse dealt with foul trouble all game, Judah was ejected early, and Joe would have been more helpful if he had been ejected and we still managed to nearly beat Bryant...

Realistically, this just isn't a tournament team; certainly not an NCAA Tournament team but likely not making the other tournaments either if I had to guess. I'm just going to try to continue enjoying the young guys as long as they remain at Syracuse.

I had said Mintz would have some ugly games when he isn’t getting the foul calls he tries for…that was one of them lol.

It’s going to be a long year. Just have to hope the young guys are interesting enough to be somewhat fun to watch and hope that Boeheim retires at the end of the year. I tend to think this program will never be what it once was but I know for sure Boeheim isn’t the guy to save it. 

Edited by DCOrange
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Nothing like a “get right” game against Oakland! 

I will say that I thought our zone was leaky— that Oakland zone is…. Woof.

hopefully the team can build on some of the nice offensive momentum from the game. 

Nothing better than drubbing Oakland to get the ship right 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

This team has a lot of talent! And it’s gelling 

Jesse is a 2nd round pick … maybe late 1st… mintz is an nba player 

finally SU athleticism is back … Benny can leap , Jesse can leap , Judah has bounce 

this CAN be a tourney team if everything goes well 

Cuse was moving the ball real well, and our best teams have always been when we play inside out and we are doing that now

Mintz is starting to figure it out, he was really good as well as Edwards 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Great win!

Really love what Ajak brings to this team. Very smart player and great passer; hustles on D and plays hard.

if Edwards and Mintz can play at that level, it’s really going to open the floor for the other guys to make some buckets. 

Yea ajak was a long term 4 year project but a great glue guy

He knows his role … plays within it … hustles , rebounds and great passer … he’s a great energy guy 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, The Poojer said:

Not basketball related but Syracuse soccer is playing the national championship game on the U.  Up 1 at halftime.  It's an entertaining game without the flopping 

Congrats to the Orange after winning in PKs.

This was a great match by both teams.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Forgive my ignorance, but I assume they didn't just drive almost 3 hrs to the game? Have to assume they have a bus/limo? 

Haha I was actually wondering that too. Adam is extremely wealthy and wouldn’t be surprised if he helicoptered them in but I’m thinking Limo is more like it 

• Like (+1) 1