Syracuse Basketball 2023-24

Buffalo716

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Houston is a great offensive rebounding squad, but they don't have the greatest size

We need our Length to bother them

I doubt they have played against a zone much this year, and then add on how much differently we play ours.

If we slow down the pace we can give them fits, just need to make a few threes to keep our confidence up

1 hour ago, Bray Wyatt said:

I doubt they have played against a zone much this year, and then add on how much differently we play ours.

If we slow down the pace we can give them fits, just need to make a few threes to keep our confidence up

The one person that scares me is shooting guard Quinton Grimes... Five star transfer from Kansas and he's a phenomenal scorer 

Can't let him heat up behind the arc because he can win a game by himself

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

The one person that scares me is shooting guard Quinton Grimes... Five star transfer from Kansas and he's a phenomenal scorer 

Can't let him heat up behind the arc because he can win a game by himself

Yeah like that kid from wvu did, we have some time to prepare and boeheim is pretty good at focusing on one guy. Our guards should be aware that as soon as he catches it to get in his face and contest

1 minute ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Yeah like that kid from wvu did, we have some time to prepare and boeheim is pretty good at focusing on one guy. Our guards should be aware that as soon as he catches it to get in his face and contest

Absolutely. You don't win a thousand games for no reason 

Tomorrow is going to be Quincy's game to eat on the boards... He's probably going to be the most physical person in the game..

And boeheim has been saying he's on the verge of breaking out

4 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Absolutely. You don't win a thousand games for no reason 

Tomorrow is going to be Quincy's game to eat on the boards... He's probably going to be the most physical person in the game..

And boeheim has been saying he's on the verge of breaking out

Agreed re Quincy. All I am reading is how Houston’s “best offense is a missed shot.”  Quincy is going to have to kill it down low for us to win this game. Everyone really needs to crash the boards. 

I am really hoping Griffin has a breakout performance. He’s due. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

If we lose I put it all on Boeheim taking Edwards out.

What the hell is Boeheim thinking not just keeping Edwards in permanently for this game after the impact he had on the 1st half on D?????

I say this as the 1st half ends. I hope I can eat crow after a great 2nd half.

We lost all aggression with taking him out, no logical reason to do so, esp to be putting dolezaj with two fouls back in the middle

16 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Refs reeeeeeeeeeeeally giving it a good try for the Cuse.

Just called a foul on Houston guy for getting shoved in the back.  Pathetic.

Houston defenders foul every time on every play. They hand check and body check and play ultra aggressively and out of control on the glass. That’s why they are so good. But that’s also why at the end of their games, every guy on their team has like 4 fouls. 

There is absolutely no pinning this game on the refs.

Syracuse will lose this game because of the one thing that's irritated me in my decades as a Syracuse fan:

Jim Boeheim and his personnel choices.

This game was the Orange's for the taking the moment Edwards stepped into the game in the first half and Syracuse went on a 15-3 run.

Then Boeheim took him out and Houston went on a 15-3 run.

Edwards was the difference today and it SERIOUSLY pisses me off that we're under 4 minutes and for some STUPID reason he's still not in the game.

This is a "screw you Boeheim!!!" moment for me.

12 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Syracuse will lose this game because of the one thing that's irritated me in my decades as a Syracuse fan:

This game was the Orange's for the taking the moment Edwards stepped into the game in the first half and Syracuse went on a 15-3 run.

Edwards was the difference today and it SERIOUSLY pisses me off that we're under 4 minutes and for some STUPID reason he's still not in the game.

Edwards plays good for spurts but he really does struggle to rebound and hold the ball.. like boeheim says he loses to many balls he has his hands on 

And he did today too..

He lost alot of balls that won't show up in the box score..but he will be good next year

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

i would be curious to hear what he says in his presser about it, though the beat reporters don’t usually push him much.

As best as I can tell, it was either he was worried about Edwards’ conditioning or worried about Edwards picking up fouls, and so felt he had to pace and protect him. I suspect it was more of the latter, as Edwards does have the tendency to pick up fouls in spades. 

I do think that really was the game. I also think that Our offense was just poor. It was a blood bath out there, and so everything was contested or fouled. 

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Edwards plays good for spurts but he really does struggle to rebound and hold the ball.. like boeheim says he loses to many balls he has his hands on 

And he did today too..

He lost alot of balls that won't show up in the box score..but he will be good next year

lot to be excited about for next year about Edwards, and Braswell. Is Sidibe coming back too? The zone will be a lot more effective with those three guys in the rotation. 

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

i would be curious to hear what he says in his presser about it, though the beat reporters don’t usually push him much.

As best as I can tell, it was either he was worried about Edwards’ conditioning or worried about Edwards picking up fouls, and so felt he had to pace and protect him. I suspect it was more of the latter, as Edwards does have the tendency to pick up fouls in spades. 

I do think that really was the game. I also think that Our offense was just poor. It was a blood bath out there, and so everything was contested or fouled. 

We just got out muscled , it is what it is .. edwards will be really good when he adds 15 pounds

edwards struggles with physicality.. he really does.. he has moments but he fouls alot and doesn't hold on to the ball consistently

5 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

lot to be excited about for next year about Edwards, and Braswell. Is Sidibe coming back too? The zone will be a lot more effective with those three guys in the rotation. 

If sidibes knees are healthy he will return.. it's a medical call

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

We just got out muscled , it is what it is .. edwards will be really good when he adds 15 pounds

edwards struggles with physicality.. he really does.. he has moments but he fouls alot and doesn't hold on to the ball consistently

If sidibes knees are healthy he will return.. it's a medical call

what’s neat about Edwards is he has some of the finesse parts of his game. I know JB almost died when he took that little transition pull-up today, but he can make that. I’d love to see him

put on weight and get more PT. I think he could be a very well-rounder center. Make some 10-footers; some baby hooks; develop a little post-up game. You can tell the raw talent is there. 

• Like (+1) 1