Syracuse Basketball 2023-24

Buffalo716

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

This seems a little weird. His PT is really going to go way up over at OK State? I think they have like 2-3 guys that would be ahead of him. Am I off on this?

No clue. I know they desperately need shooting and he's generally been a pretty good shooter. Would think that if he comes in with the right attitude, he'll have a shot at minutes there. The team also kinda sucked outside of Cade Cunningham and only had 2 forwards that really played at all.

Edited by DCOrange

On 4/19/2021 at 8:39 AM, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Looks like Robert Braswell is heading to Charlotte— a middling conference USA program. Another weird move. He seemed to be in line to get major minutes or possibly even start next year at Syracuse. I suppose Charlotte guarantees he will start and play like 30-40 minutes a game?

Most of the players that have left Syracuse over the last 5-10 years have done nothing at their respective schools

There's just not a lot of minutes to go around and better forwards

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

i am so glad this guy is getting shot. He always looked like a legit NBA player. 

14 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Granted OKC is barely an NBA team but still, really impressive. I didn't think he had it in him. I saw he got himself a 3 year deal with Indiana after that (though I'm guessing at least 1 if not 2 of the years are basically non-guaranteed). Really happy to see him proving himself.

Edited by DCOrange
  • Like (+1) 2

On 4/30/2021 at 11:00 PM, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Guerrier entering transfer portal now?! What is going on here? This makes no sense to me. 

Likely like Brissett where the way Syracuse wanted to use him wasn't what the NBA wanted him to put on display. I'll be curious to see if he actually opts to transfer rather than going pro though. I don't think he's likely to improve his draft stock with another season of college personally.

2 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Likely like Brissett where the way Syracuse wanted to use him wasn't what the NBA wanted him to put on display. I'll be curious to see if he actually opts to transfer rather than going pro though. I don't think he's likely to improve his draft stock with another season of college personally.

Oshae played on the perimeter at SU plenty taking 4 3 pointers a game 

He also got to play nba isolation

If there is one thing Jim does , he lets his players run an nba iso offense

Osahe , Tyus, Griffin got to play tons of nba style ball. Oshae just wasn't consistent enough to get drafted 

It wasn't his talent, it was consistency... And when you're the best rebounder on the team , every college team will have you on the block a good amount

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Oshae played on the perimeter at SU plenty taking 4 3 pointers a game 

He also got to play nba isolation

If there is one thing Jim does , he lets his players run an nba iso offense

Osahe , Tyus, Griffin got to play tons of nba style ball. Oshae just wasn't consistent enough to get drafted 

It wasn't his talent, it was consistency... And when you're the best rebounder on the team , every college team will have you on the block a good amount

Agreed. You can’t find a better spot to showcase for the NBA. Combine that with the fact that you can save your energy by playing zone on defense, and I would think Syracuse is a great option for a guy trying to showcase his skills. 

I don’t mind if Q goes pro. But there is not a better college situation than Syracuse for him next year. In fact, it’s an idiotic risk to transfer, giving up a sure bet of playing 40 minutes and being a major scoring threat. 

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

Quincy Guerrier officially transferring to Oregon. Says "(Coach Altman) was looking for my position and I was looking for the same thing. I’m going to play more at the three and I’m going to be able to play more on the perimeter and put the ball more on the floor. That was really the main reason why I left Syracuse because I couldn’t really do that. Now I will be able to show my full potential.”

9 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Quincy Guerrier officially transferring to Oregon. Says "(Coach Altman) was looking for my position and I was looking for the same thing. I’m going to play more at the three and I’m going to be able to play more on the perimeter and put the ball more on the floor. That was really the main reason why I left Syracuse because I couldn’t really do that. Now I will be able to show my full potential.”

Two weeks into the season he's going to be playing forward on the low post lol 

Coaches will say anything to get a good player to commit. Then when he realizes Quincy shoots 28-30% from 3.. he's not going to give Quincy the green light to shoot seven threes a game... Like boeheim

Ask any player that came through Syracuse over 40 years. They all say Jim knows how to put players in their best chance to succeed.. if Jim wasn't letting Quincy plau the perimeter a lot, it's because that's where Quincy wouldn't be the most successful

Jim always has players playing their best role when they're on the court regardless of any other decisions

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Agree 1