Syracuse Basketball 2023-24

Buffalo716

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

I bet both will be huge cogs next season 

People have been sleeping on Girard.. basically dogging him because kadary 

But I think he's going to impress as an upperclassman this year 

His range is insane

Hope so.  If he can learn to create off the dribble he might actually be a legit PG.  Last season he was not good.  Averaged 3.5 assists per game and shot 33% from deep?  No bueno for a supposed sharp shooting PG.  I’m certainly rooting for him though.

• Like (+1) 2

@Johnny Hammersticks and @Buffalo716, this is my temp account (as noted by the handle) because I could not remember or retrieve my old password.  Former screen name was @nemhoff.  I have missed being able to banter with you guys about Cuse hoops and wanted to throw out a few thoughts for your insight.

1.  I think Benny Williams is going to be amazing for a year at the Cuse, probably best recruit since Melo IMO

2.  Dior is still a B**** and will regret going to Oregon (and I now live in OR and root for the Ducks)

3.  Quincy is an idiot, as noted here, and I believe will regret going to Oregon as well (I still live in Oregon)

4.  Bummer on Clingon, I am not super familiar with UCONN these days, but other than proximity not sure why he wouldn't get on the Cuse momentum right now

5.  Kamari Lands is going to better than advertised, can't wait to see him play for the Cuse

6.  I hope that Starling chooses to come home, that dude can fill it up

7.  Don't remember his name, but the kid out of VA (Taylor?) is a huge steal for Gmac to get him away from UVA

8.  The initial schock of the transfer portal and NBA submissions has passed and I believe that the Cuse will be better than last year.  Adding Jimmy and the NOVA kid will payoff big time I think.  Other than his rebounding, I think most of the loss of QG will be made up.

Thoughts?  Any mid-summer info?

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, tempaccount said:

@Johnny Hammersticks and @Buffalo716, this is my temp account (as noted by the handle) because I could not remember or retrieve my old password.  Former screen name was @nemhoff.  I have missed being able to banter with you guys about Cuse hoops and wanted to throw out a few thoughts for your insight.

1.  I think Benny Williams is going to be amazing for a year at the Cuse, probably best recruit since Melo IMO

2.  Dior is still a B**** and will regret going to Oregon (and I now live in OR and root for the Ducks)

3.  Quincy is an idiot, as noted here, and I believe will regret going to Oregon as well (I still live in Oregon)

4.  Bummer on Clingon, I am not super familiar with UCONN these days, but other than proximity not sure why he wouldn't get on the Cuse momentum right now

5.  Kamari Lands is going to better than advertised, can't wait to see him play for the Cuse

7.  Don't remember his name, but the kid out of VA (Taylor?) is a huge steal for Gmac to get him away from UVA

8.  The initial schock of the transfer portal and NBA submissions has passed and I believe that the Cuse will be better than last year.  Adding Jimmy and the NOVA kid will payoff big time I think.  Other than his rebounding, I think most of the loss of QG will be made up.

Hey man nice to see you!

Wild offseason with all the new rules.. 

All I can say is I think that SU recruiting is back.. the sanctions hurt but they're past that

We're going to have a really good 22 class coming in, and I think the future is bright

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/6/2021 at 3:04 PM, tempaccount said:

Not so much worried about Guerrier leaving as long as we got some people willing to get after the boards.

Person I am worried about losing is Dolezaj, we were at out best with the offense running through him last year. Maybe the other Boeheim can fill that role

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/6/2021 at 4:04 PM, tempaccount said:

What’s up man.  This is what I’m hearing.  The staff feels good about getting either of Starling/Copeland.  More likely Copeland, but Starling remains firmly in the picture.  Both have other big suitors.  Chance Westry is out from what I’m hearing.  Cuse once again having trouble recruiting bigs for ‘22.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/1/2021 at 9:38 PM, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Who is this Reese?! I have no Memory of him at BC. Dude has Been balling out. 

He played at BC over a decade ago 

Has had an outstanding overseas career.. his quickness has made him unguardable this tournament

Edited by Buffalo716