Syracuse Basketball 2023-24

Buffalo716

10 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Not meaning to detail the thread, but I have a buddy who likes to collect sports memorabilia etc. He asked me if I would like a scoop autographed pic, I said sure but I wouldn’t enter in one of those random auctions for a lot for him. He said he wouldn’t do more than like $5 or $10.

Welp he ended up winning it and mailed it to me and it arrived today (he didn’t charge me anything btw, such a good friend) 

He also snuck in an autographed TO pic of when he was with the bills 

Scooooop to the hoop

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Lol Scoooop worked for whenever he did something great or head scratching 

Though it's been years already somehow, that is his exact career in a nutshell

Doing something spectacular, then following it up with something ridiculous 

Scoooooop

2 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Not meaning to detail the thread, but I have a buddy who likes to collect sports memorabilia etc. He asked me if I would like a scoop autographed pic, I said sure but I wouldn’t enter in one of those random auctions for a lot for him. He said he wouldn’t do more than like $5 or $10.

Welp he ended up winning it and mailed it to me and it arrived today (he didn’t charge me anything btw, such a good friend) 

He also snuck in an autographed TO pic of when he was with the bills 

Not Scoop but back when he played for us and we had those weird gray and neon Orange jerseys, I got one of those jerseys autographed by Boeheim and have it framed in my house 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Not Scoop but back when he played for us and we had those weird gray and neon Orange jerseys, I got one of those jerseys autographed by Boeheim and have it framed in my house 

Sick dude! Would be cool if you could get buddy to sign it to though prob wouldn’t want to take it out of the frame 

53 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

The dude is a complete mystery to me.  Good riddance, IMO.  I don’t dislike him or think he’s a bad person.  I just think the team is better off moving on without him.

agreed. His confused looks are actually endearing.

But hiring an agent and going pro is pretty much an Allan Griffin move. it is just the perfect end to his weird college Bball career.

• Like (+1) 1

Sucks to see him go as his skillset is really tough to replace (but we also didn't get that skillset the last 10 or so games for whatever reason). He's a better prospect than some of our other recent early departures IMO though lol. Don't expect him to get drafted regardless.

3 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Sucks to see him go as his skillset is really tough to replace (but we also didn't get that skillset the last 10 or so games for whatever reason). He's a better prospect than some of our other recent early departures IMO though lol. Don't expect him to get drafted regardless.

Benny Williams is going to replace him instantly 

He has his skill set and more.. and passes

59 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

It is a bad decision for him to come out, but I suspect he had no choice. He can’t transfer again. 

I can see him bouncing around the G league for a few years and then sticking with an NBA team. He seems like a guy that ends up with a 10-year NBA career as a decent role player. It helps that his dad can help him Get in the best position in the NBA. 

8 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

It is a bad decision for him to come out, but I suspect he had no choice. He can’t transfer again. 

I can see him bouncing around the G league for a few years and then sticking with an NBA team. He seems like a guy that ends up with a 10-year NBA career as a decent role player. It helps that his dad can help him Get in the best position in the NBA. 

I'd almost be willing to bet he doesn't stick in the NBA more than a few seasons if he makes it at all

Yeah he has the skill set of an NBA player, but it's not high-end, it's on the lower end of the spectrum

Tyus battle possesses more pure basketball skill imo and he couldn't hang in the NBA.. Griffin is just way too inconsistent to play in the NBA

Edited by Buffalo716

53 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I'd almost be willing to bet he doesn't stick in the NBA more than a few seasons if he makes it at all

Yeah he has the skill set of an NBA player, but it's not high-end, it's on the lower end of the spectrum

Tyus battle possesses more pure basketball skill imo and he couldn't hang in the NBA.. Griffin is just way too inconsistent to play in the NBA

it always amazes me who sticks in the NBA and who doesn’t. For example, I can’t believe Brad Wanamaker from Pitt is a serious NBA player. 

I agree with you though re Tyus. I always felt Tyus was similar to Waiters as an NBA prospect. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

This seems a little weird. His PT is really going to go way up over at OK State? I think they have like 2-3 guys that would be ahead of him. Am I off on this?

The one time no sitting rule has made it a quick not well thought out idea for a lot of players

Some of them are just emotional because they didn't play much and make rash decisions

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

The one time no sitting rule has made it a quick not well thought out idea for a lot of players

Some of them are just emotional because they didn't play much and make rash decisions

i agree. It is just a really weird move. I wonder if it’s like guys they know from AAU just recruiting them to come to their teams. I would think the decision to transfer would be much more strategic. 

12 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

i agree. It is just a really weird move. I wonder if it’s like guys they know from AAU just recruiting them to come to their teams. I would think the decision to transfer would be much more strategic. 

When you were forced to sit out a season, it absolutely made you think about the best decision for your career

Wes johnson, and hughes both had to sit.. so both really had to be sure transferring to Syracuse was best for them... Obviously for them it was

For lots of players it's not