Syracuse Basketball 2023-24

Buffalo716

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Honestly he hurts the ball movement on our team

Agreed. Even when he is on, everyone just stands around and watches him make contested jumpers. 

I really believe Griffin is one of those guys that will make a much better pro than college player. He ought to just leave and play overseas or in the G league. 

3 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Agreed. Even when he is on, everyone just stands around and watches him make contested jumpers. 

I really believe Griffin is one of those guys that will make a much better pro than college player. He ought to just leave and play overseas or in the G league. 

Yea he will be a pro in china 

So if I'm doing the math right and my assumptions are correct, we should have 4-6 more scholarships available to play around with for the rest of the roster. This is based on the following roster (which is what I would assume we're likely to end up with, but things could change):

PG: Girard

SG: Buddy

SF: Benny

PF: Swider

C : Jesse

Symir Torrence (both guard spots)

Jimmy Boeheim (both forward spots)

One of Anselem/Sidibe (center)

Chaz Owens (probably won't play)

Sidibe won't require a scholarship either way, so we might be able to keep him as a player while also having that scholarship free.

I definitely do not think we will use all 13 scholarships this year (or at least not on real scholarship players; maybe we'll do a walkon or two a solid for a year), but we should be able to add a couple more recruits be it through transfers or late HS commitments.

The trouble is that assuming Jimmy does transfer in and that one of the C's stay, that'll pretty much be all of our playing time spoken for so it'll be tougher to pitch to transfers.

Edited by DCOrange
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I think the Swider commitment likely deters Jimmy Jr from transferring to Syracuse.  

Why?  Both non scholarship players that are immediate starters.  I see no downside, especially if we assume it's big Jim's final run

6 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I think the Swider commitment likely deters Jimmy Jr from transferring to Syracuse.  

Why?  Both non scholarship players that are immediate starters.  I see no downside, especially if we assume it's big Jim's final run.

Never mind, reread what you typed.  I get it.  Jimmy is looking for a start, not a competition to start

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Woody Newton officially transferring.

And Kadary Richmond has officially chosen Seton Hall.

Boeheim would have had Richmond in the first round eventually 

Something tells me he's not going in the first round from Seton Hall.. which has only developed one first round pick in 20 years 

And one second round pick in the last 10 

He would have been developed much better at Syracuse despite maybe a few less minutes

Edited by Buffalo716

This off-season’s blood letting continues.  I just hope they can bring in more than Swider and Jimmy B Jr. With 1000+ players entered into the portal, they should be able to pluck a couple of nice players.