Syracuse Basketball 2023-24

Buffalo716

4 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I hear ya, but don’t you think we’ll need Sidibe at the 5 for conference play?  Dolezaj is crafty and gets by against the bigs from these smaller programs, but I think we’ll need Sidibe’s length and shot blocking ability against better ACC big men.

There lies the dilemma.  You want both Dolezaj and Guerrier on the floor.  Guerrier could play the 3, but you want Griffin out there to stretch the defense.  Good problem to have I suppose.  I don’t see Girard losing his starting spot to Kadary, but JG3 will have a short leash for sure.  He’s such a defensive liability.

There will be times that we need Sidibe but I don’t think we can bench Dolezaj and Guerrier who are probably our top 2 players right now and I don’t think the 3 of them together will work well. 

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

There will be times that we need Sidibe but I don’t think we can bench Dolezaj and Guerrier who are probably our top 2 players right now and I don’t think the 3 of them together will work well. 

Yet, you’d probably agree that having Sidibe would be the best fit in the middle of the zone, eh?  It’s very complicated.  We shall find out soon enough what JB has in mind.

6 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Yet, you’d probably agree that having Sidibe would be the best fit in the middle of the zone, eh?  It’s very complicated.  We shall find out soon enough what JB has in mind.

Defensively sure, but I think him in place of Griffin hurts us more offensively than it helps defensively. Still, I expect that'll be what Boeheim does.

Looks like Wake and UNC games will also be postponed.  Will we even play 20 games this season?  Jeebus....

college basketball schedule is too tight between games. At least with the weekly schedule in the NFL, there is time to do tracing and all that stuff. This whole season is going to be a mess. 

22 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You've gotta be kidding me. Seriously?? I get being pissed about the Covid, but this??

I don’t think JB is right here to make this public, but I did hear (FWIW) that some of the UB players were chirping at Boeheim and some of the assistants.  I guess some pretty disrespectful stuff that crossed the line from “chirping” to being punk #######s.  

I don’t know this to be a fact.  I just heard this from someone who would know.  Talking smack to opposing players is part of the game...chirping at opposing coaches is just wrong.  

I hope they can reconcile this because Syracuse should play UB every season.  It’s good for both programs.

I don’t think JB is right here to make this public, but I did hear (FWIW) that some of the UB players were chirping at Boeheim and some of the assistants.  I guess some pretty disrespectful stuff that crossed the line from “chirping” to being punk #######s.  

I don’t know this to be a fact.  I just heard this from someone who would know.  Talking smack to opposing players is part of the game...chirping at opposing coaches is just wrong.  

I hope they can reconcile this because Syracuse should play UB every season.  It’s good for both programs.

Wholeheartedly agree with the bolded. Nothing gained by making it public and it comes across as the entitled taking his ball and going home.

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...

I’ll say one thing other than Joe Girard is much better off ball.  Kadary Richmond and Jesse Edwards (until Sidibe returns) should be getting significant minutes at PG @ C.

If the plan is to ride Dolezaj at center for the rest (or most) of the season, we’re gonna get beat up embarrassingly.

• Agree 1

Boeheim is saying both Buddy and Joe G had the 'vid during the 18 day stretch that they were inactive because of the UB staffer that tested positive.  Why wouldn't Syracuse reveal this back then, something doesn't sound right, i'd think they would have to self report whether on lockdown or not

On 1/20/2021 at 8:18 AM, The Poojer said:

Boeheim is saying both Buddy and Joe G had the 'vid during the 18 day stretch that they were inactive because of the UB staffer that tested positive.  Why wouldn't Syracuse reveal this back then, something doesn't sound right, i'd think they would have to self report whether on lockdown or not

Weird 🤔

Big win today, and the best overall performance this season, IMO.  They looked different on defense, got steals, and rebounded well.  The offense started off chucking up bad long range shots initially, but seemed to make a concerted effort to drive to the basket down the stretch which opened things up for our shooters.

Griffin with a nice comeback game...guy was an animal out there.  Dolezaj and Guerrier were huge.  I still prefer Kadary at PG and Joe G off ball.  There is an appreciable difference in both the offense and defense with KR running the point, IMO.  I like the 3 guard lineup with Buddy at the 3, but I just don’t see how they can keep Griffin off the court.

Big game in Charlottesville on Monday.

• Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Big win today, and the best overall performance this season, IMO.  They looked different on defense, got steals, and rebounded well.  The offense started off chucking up bad long range shots initially, but seemed to make a concerted effort to drive to the basket down the stretch which opened things up for our shooters.

Griffin with a nice comeback game...guy was an animal out there.  Dolezaj and Guerrier were huge.  I still prefer Kadary at PG and Joe G off ball.  There is an appreciable difference in both the offense and defense with KR running the point, IMO.  I like the 3 guard lineup with Buddy at the 3, but I just don’t see how they can keep Griffin off the court.

Big game in Charlottesville on Monday.

We are out of town and so I missed the game. Appreciate the summary. 

Glad to hear Griffin played better. When Pitt smoked us, he was probably the weakest link— get crushed on the boards and on D and forcing a lot of shots. 

I assume Edwards went back into the abyss? Was hoping he would be a regular part of the rotation. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

We are out of town and so I missed the game. Appreciate the summary. 

Glad to hear Griffin played better. When Pitt smoked us, he was probably the weakest link— get crushed on the boards and on D and forcing a lot of shots. 

I assume Edwards went back into the abyss? Was hoping he would be a regular part of the rotation. 

Boeheim must have had his size 13s up Griffin’s arse all week because he was playing like a man possessed.  Hustled, played great defense, got some steals, was all over the boards, and scored from all over the court.

Edwards got a few minutes, but quickly got the hook and I don’t think ever returned.  Didn’t really make any terrible mistakes, but also didn’t do anything.  Dolezaj was also a beast today which could have kept Jesse on the bench.

• Thank you (+1) 1