Syracuse Basketball 2023-24

Buffalo716

4 hours ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

To be clear, I'm not saying (nor did I intend to insinuate) that he's doing anything wrong - I'm just paranoid about the NCAA having it out for Boeheim.

Your story above is yet another example of Weitsman doing good with his resources.  Kudos to him, and I hope that your niece is on the road to recovery.  By all reports, he's a solid dude, who is very generous with his resources.

She rang the bell at Upstate Cancer Center in September, thank you.  Little girl has been through more than just about anyone I have known.  Survivor.  And a budding ? fan.  I took her to her first ‘Cuse lacrosse game last week.

I get what you’re saying.  Cheers ? 

• Like (+1) 4

Hey, Bona has it's own felon superfan...........John Rigas was let out of prison because he was dying...........And, then every game I've been to since, there he is in a suit, in his season tickets looking down on what was briefly called Adelphia Court at the Reilly Center...........When I've been asked about the dying part, I've said Yeah, he was dying to go to Bonnies games! 

8 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

She rang the bell at Upstate Cancer Center in September, thank you.  Little girl has been through more than just about anyone I have known.  Survivor.  And a budding ? fan.  I took her to her first ‘Cuse lacrosse game last week.

I get what you’re saying.  Cheers ? 

That's awesome. Cancer is just so f'n evil...

And I don't want to jinx it, but it sounds like Cuse Lax might just be back!

9 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

What the heck was that? I gave Syracuse 0%
chance to win, and they blow out UNC by 30?! 

Interesting how they’ve beaten every team they’ve played the second time— hopefully that holds true for Louisville. But that first Louisville game was a dumpster fire. 

They'll need all their starters plus Guerrier to play above their heads to have any shot at Louisville.  

Carolina looks like they have a whole bunch of low  basketball IQ players.  They have some key injuries but they could usually withstand them.  Couple that with what seemed like a very unathletic NC team (I know Cuse rolls out the debate club looking roster), I was shocked this was the same team that thumped Cuse to end the season.  

1 hour ago, inkman said:

They'll need all their starters plus Guerrier to play above their heads to have any shot at Louisville.  

Carolina looks like they have a whole bunch of low  basketball IQ players.  They have some key injuries but they could usually withstand them.  Couple that with what seemed like a very unathletic NC team (I know Cuse rolls out the debate club looking roster), I was shocked this was the same team that thumped Cuse to end the season.  

Honestly, UNC looks poorly coached.  As much as people rip JB, this actually good be one of his best coaching jobs, since he basically has 5 role players on the floor.  

1 hour ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

well, of all years to be in a down year, this was it. There probably won't be an NCAA tournament.

Also, if we had to go out, smoking UNC by 30 is about as good as it gets. 

has a non-stellar Syracuse team beaten the Tarheels like that before?

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

has a non-stellar Syracuse team beaten the Tarheels like that before?

Not for a few decades.  As you most likely know, the Tar Heels aren't good.  At all. A lot has to do with injury but they have zero depth as well. 

2 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Goodine is transferring. Kinda stinks. Was thinking he was going to be a nice player for us next year. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

That sucks

Kadary Richmond is coming in this year combo guard

Sucks.  I liked Goodine a lot.  But he was going to be stuck in a log jam for PT for his college career.  He’s not a dependable PG, and his shot isn’t there yet.  He did flash on defense, IMO.

IMO, Washington proved to be the #2 pure PG behind Girard.  With Richmond coming in 2020, Dior Johnson coming in ‘21 or ‘22, and Westry a distinct possibility for ‘22...Goodine would have been buried on the depth chart.  Would he be happy with 8-10 minutes/game next season?  I doubt it.  I think he made a good decision for himself.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Sucks.  I liked Goodine a lot.  But he was going to be stuck in a log jam for PT for his college career.  He’s not a dependable PG, and his shot isn’t there yet.  He did flash on defense, IMO.

IMO, Washington proved to be the #2 pure PG behind Girard.  With Richmond coming in 2020, Dior Johnson coming in ‘21 or ‘22, and Westry a distinct possibility for ‘22...Goodine would have been buried on the depth chart.  Would he be happy with 8-10 minutes/game next season?  I doubt it.  I think he made a good decision for himself.

Think Cary is staying or leaving? He actually still seemed super team first on the bench rehabbing all year