Syracuse Basketball 2023-24

Buffalo716

Just now, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Hey.. my reverse jinxes work. It's tried and true. You saw the evidence live 

Now we're SURELY losing to Duke amiright

I honestly wanna bow out of ACC tourney and  heal up. Get a good couple weeks of rest, practice and game planning for the true tournament 

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I honestly wanna bow out of ACC tourney and  heal up. Get a good couple weeks of rest, practice and game planning for the true tournament 

That's the spirit. Keep that up and we'll [win].

Reminds me of when we beat Duke a while back with that senior transfer combo guard's (totally blanking on his name) wild game winning bank shot to win. Although I think that was regular season.

Tyus is supposed to be out against Duke right? Real talk I'm with you, definitely let Battle get fully rested and healthy regardless. He's our wild card for any sort of run in the tourney

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

1 hour ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

That's the spirit. Keep that up and we'll [win].

Reminds me of when we beat Duke a while back with that senior transfer combo guard's (totally blanking on his name) wild game winning bank shot to win. Although I think that was regular season.

Tyus is supposed to be out against Duke right? Real talk I'm with you, definitely let Battle get fully rested and healthy regardless. He's our wild card for any sort of run in the tourney

That was Michael Obinije ( spelling not correct lol) 

he was a transfer from Duke but here for 3 years

I thought Pascal had his best half of ball along with Howard last night. Was great to see Buddy and Hughes step up with Tyus out. I think this should give them more confidence heading into the tourney. They wont feel like they have to rely on Tyus so much (hopefully) which I feel causes us to stall a lot on the offensive end

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

That was Michael Obinije ( spelling not correct lol) 

he was a transfer from Duke but here for 3 years

Sorry I was super vague. I was thinking of Jon Gillon's bank shot that weird year we had him and Andrew White as mercenaries for hire.

I know Gbinije had his fair share of heroic moments and he lasted much longer. Wasn't bad at point his senior year

3 hours ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Sorry I was super vague. I was thinking of Jon Gillon's bank shot that weird year we had him and Andrew White as mercenaries for hire.

I know Gbinije had his fair share of heroic moments and he lasted much longer. Wasn't bad at point his senior year

Yea I do remember that shot. I was thinking about obinje vs VTech for the win

17 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yes.

Everything is meaningless until the NCAA Championship... so obviously the requirement is to get in.

Is there really any chance at this point we don't get in?

5 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Yes.

Everything is meaningless until the NCAA Championship... so obviously the requirement is to get in.

Is there really any chance at this point we don't get in?

Don't look now but.. Syracuse is in the game with Duke minus one Tyus Battle.

ACC tournaments are important. They establish momentum for the tournament and you get to hang a friggin banner. Of course these kids like winning the conference.. they're competitors. ACC championship is a nice consolation prize for the highly unlikely chance of going deep in the tourney.

Plus your conference can really suck. So when ACC shat the bed as a whole last year in the dance at least you can say you were better than the rest of those guys.

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

Zion is......different. 

He has custom shoes from Bike haha. Cheating!

His stat line is unreal tonight

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

44 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

13 for 13.. insane statline

How was he from the line? Great athlete and good player, I think he's kind of like one of those rbs you talk about from college who is great but relies on speed and will rarely turn the corner when everyone is a great athlete.

I very well could be wrong, but idk how he'll translate in the NBA where he'll have another 6'8 or a lanky 3 covering him in a man to man scheme. I just don't see him getting seperation for shots, or having the skills lebron has who I'm not a fan of, with the ball.

39 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

I’m not even mad about that game, cuse gave me a lot more confidence heading into the tourney, they could have folded and didn’t.

We need that Howard and brissett and we can make a good run

Howard is awful.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

7 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

How was he from the line? Great athlete and good player, I think he's kind of like one of those rbs you talk about from college who is great but relies on speed and will rarely turn the corner when everyone is a great athlete.

I very well could be wrong, but idk how he'll translate in the NBA where he'll have another 6'8 or a lanky 3 covering him in a man to man scheme. I just don't see him getting seperation for shots, or having the skills lebron has who I'm not a fan of, with the ball.

Howard is awful.

I agree with nearly everything you said including the Howard stuff. You can check this thread I’ve been critical of him for awhile now. But we need him to score like he did tonight if cuse wants to make a deep run this year

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

I agree with nearly everything you said including the Howard stuff. You can check this thread I’ve been critical of him for awhile now. But we need him to score like he did tonight if cuse wants to make a deep run this year

You're right. I just find watching him so frustrating. His turnovers make me lose my mind. That run where cuse was up like 9-7, and no one scored but cuse was getting turn overs only for him to turn the ball over was killing me. I missed the first 5 minutes, I know from like the 15 to 10 or 9 minute mark he had 3 turnovers alone. They went from 9-7 or so in that time to like 23-11. He just pisses me off. I can't wait to never watch him again. I hope he go plays in effin Mongolia and gets stuck there.

Edit- lol sorry being a little harsh there.

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Like (+1) 1