Syracuse Basketball 2023-24

Buffalo716

28 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I wasn’t able to watch the game, as I was driving all over VT today for my son’s hockey games.  I have it recorded....I probably won’t watch.  I knew coming into this game that ODU was a very tough defensive team, and would give SU a game.  I think they’re ranked in the top 20 in ppg allowed, IIRC.  Recipe for disaster for Syracuse who is playing a very ugly brand of basketball right now.

How does JB seem to pull it all together by the end of the season most years?  Last season they looked like a NIT team at best, and made a run to the final 4.  I just don’t get it.  This team has waaaaaay too much talent to be sucking so badly right now.  So disappointing.  Hopefully JB has some of that magic left in the tank.

Sweet 16

but I’m nitpicking ?

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Sweet 16

but I’m nitpicking ?

I knew that...I think ?

But doesn’t it seem like a pattern?  The 2016 team, for example, was nothing special during the regular season.  Then exploded in the NCAA’s.  IDK...been a long day on the road and in cold hockey rinks ?

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I knew that...I think ?

But doesn’t it seem like a pattern?  The 2016 team, for example, was nothing special during the regular season.  Then exploded in the NCAA’s.  IDK...been a long day on the road and in cold hockey rinks ?

No you are exactly right... the Boeheim teams from 05-12 would come out on fire. Often starting 12-0, 15-0 etc and being top 10 And a  force...

now they seem like super slow starters who don’t peak till February, March... which can be frustrating but rewarding if they make the tourney 

Boeheim runs an NBA iso offense and sometimes it takes a long time to get rocking... 

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

No you are exactly right... the Boeheim teams from 05-12 would come out on fire. Often starting 12-0, 15-0 etc and being top 10 And a  force...

now they seem like super slow starters who don’t peak till February, March... which can be frustrating but rewarding if they make the tourney 

Boeheim runs an NBA iso offense and sometimes it takes a long time to get rocking... 

There are not as many "cupcakes" as there used to be.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

There are not as many "cupcakes" as there used to be.

Thats true 

but

Boeheim doesn’t have The talent rn of past teams... it’s gonna take a few recruiting classes after the sanctions 

there was a time when he had 5* top 7 pick Dion Waiters coming off the bench because they were so good

and a streak of 6 straight years with a first round picks

they arent there again yet

Uh.. how is U Buffalo this good??

43 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Orange need this one.  Hopefully they play 40 minutes and play hard.  Take the ball to the rack and draw fouls, and lay off the long ball a little bit.  Need Brissett and Chukwu to step up on offense.  LGO Orange!!!!

Tyus Battle is the best player on the court babee

They should be embarrassed. All due respect to UB, they've been building a program over the course of the last 4 or 5 years. That still doesn't mean anything, or shouldn't to Syracuse. Those kids should be embarrassed they lost to UB. St. John's has always been the only in state school a loss to was acceptable. Everyone else should be beaten. Again, no disrespect to UB. They're a good team, but this is just the standard for Syracuse basketball.

I actually fear their bball program is going to go the way the football has. Why would a kid want to go to Syracuse? 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, eball said:

I love that this is a BUFFALO sports forum and I now get to troll a Syracuse thread!

Horns up! Go UB!!!!

This is a Bills forum. And a Sub forum for college sports and other things 

And admitting you just want to troll around shows how bad UB sports has been and how bad of winners some are lol you think SU would gloat about a win vs UB?

no matter how good UB is they wish they had the pedigree like SU and could recruit consistently like SU in basketball. 4 good seasons in 5 doesn’t make a program 

it makes a good run.

SU was dog**** last year and went to the sweet 16, something UB has never done. Boeheim sneezes that out 

I love UB sports but appreciate greatness and UB basketball still has nothing on SU as a program and 1 win doesn't change that .

Oats should aspire to become the consistent coach and program that Boeheim has built SU into

Edited by Buffalo716

Just now, eball said:

@Buffalo716 lighten up. You think we need a lesson in Syracuse basketball history vs. UB? You guys created a Syracuse thread and I’m here to crash it. UB is one of my two alma maters and I’ll gloat all I want!

Same with me .

and I created a SU thread because there are alot of SU fans here as well.

Tonight I was torn in between but I wouldn’t go to the UB thread to gloat... which there is one...

I love UB and think they absolutely have top 10 talent this season. They create a lot of mismatches