Buffalo716

Syracuse Basketball 2019-2020

53 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

Tough loss tonight. Losing Hughes and boeheim defended so well.  Guerrier is still very raw but he's getting more comfortable out there and kept the team in it.  Girard is nails but needs to get that 3 through the net.  Solid game from Edwards again.  Hate moral victories but this one could have been over early

I am with you. I actually felt really great about this loss. We were without our best player and it was really great to see guys like Girard and Guerrier step up. A game like this will go a long way in their development. 

Win or lose tonight, my view is that we have no chance of making the NCAAs. So just glad to see them play pretty well and young guys having big games.

8 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I am with you. I actually felt really great about this loss. We were without our best player and it was really great to see guys like Girard and Guerrier step up. A game like this will go a long way in their development. 

Win or lose tonight, my view is that we have no chance of making the NCAAs. So just glad to see them play pretty well and young guys having big games.

Sure we have a chance.  All we have to do is win the ACC tourney 🤷🏿‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Sure we have a chance.  All we have to do is win the ACC tourney 🤷🏿‍♂️

if we beat Louisville and Fl St and a good showing in the ACC tourney too I think we can get in, a lot of IFs though

36 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Gosh this team is frustrating 

Mannnnnnnn....I’m equally as perplexed.  Buddy and Eli have been trash.  Girard and Guerrier have stepped up, but it hasn’t been enough. Unless we beat Louisville and go really far in the ACC tourney, I think we’re NIT bound.

• Like (+1) 1

Sad to lose that one today. Great effort by Hughes and his game-tying 3 at the end was so close— in and out, really.

what really bothered me was that terrible 4-point play by FSU down the stretch. That was no foul by GJ on that 3. Just total garbage to call that, and it was a key point and big momentum changer. 

<gulp> Well...that was about the ugliest excuse for a ‘Cuse basketball team I’ve seen in a while 🤷‍♂️

Not that I expected to beat Louisville, but damn, we would have got worked by Louisville’s club team tonight.  Yuck, just yuck.

Just now, Johnny Hammersticks said:

<gulp> Well...that was about the ugliest excuse for a ‘Cuse basketball team I’ve seen in a while 🤷‍♂️

Not that I expected to beat Louisville, but damn, we would have got worked by Louisville’s club team tonight.  Yuck, just yuck.

***** show

And ACC refs suck

Dolezay and Sidibe commit some of the STUPIDEST fouls i've ever seen....i know the refs can be questionable at times but damn these 2 can play some stupid defense

felt like this team has given up on the season after the loss to FlSt

23 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

totally brutal. One of the worst losses I have seen from them.

Nice comeback win by Syracuse against GT. Loved Dolezaj’s aggressiveness in the second half. Hopefully they can string together some wins and have a nice ACC tourney showing. 

Can we win 2 of the last 4 to guarantee a winning season?  Sounds like Dior is bringing a couple 5* recruits with him to the UNC game.  Hopefully the Dome is packed and the energy is high!

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Can we win 2 of the last 4 to guarantee a winning season?  Sounds like Dior is bringing a couple 5* recruits with him to the UNC game.  Hopefully the Dome is packed and the energy is high!

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28723706/donovan-clingan-contends-basketball-future-late-mother-memory

Bring Clingan! He is definitely gonna be a 5* center

8 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊

Rope um in Jimmy!

Announcer at start of 2nd half of Cuse-NC just confirmed my disgust at the misuse of the phrase “unanswered points.”

Quote:

”North Carolina scored 17 unanswered points in the first half, which were then answered by 11 straight Syracuse points.”

Morons. 

1 hour ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

well, totally jinxed by Tom Brady’s presence today. 

My friends at the game said he got boo’ed pretty bad on his way to his seat.

As for the game 🤮

What a spectacle of a game, and they totally crapped their pants.  ***** it, dude...

4 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

My friends at the game said he got boo’ed pretty bad on his way to his seat.

As for the game 🤮

What a spectacle of a game, and they totally crapped their pants.  ***** it, dude...

my buddy was sure they would win and go on a little run in the ACC tourney and be on the bubble. 

today’s game is exactly why the selection committee would never put this team in the tourney.

They are just way too inconsistent in almost every facet— sometimes it is O, sometimes it is D, sometimes it is rebounding, sometimes it is on the perimeter, and sometimes it is inside. They just have so many weaknesses and not many go-to strengths. 

25 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

my buddy was sure they would win and go on a little run in the ACC tourney and be on the bubble. 

today’s game is exactly why the selection committee would never put this team in the tourney.

They are just way too inconsistent in almost every facet— sometimes it is O, sometimes it is D, sometimes it is rebounding, sometimes it is on the perimeter, and sometimes it is inside. They just have so many weaknesses and not many go-to strengths. 

I might get flamed for this, but Hughes is one of the most maddeningly inconsistent players ever.  Completely disappears in chunks.  Joe Girard tries to do too much.  And what the hell was Dolezaj doing tonight? Uggh....next season.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I might get flamed for this, but Hughes is one of the most maddeningly inconsistent players ever.  Completely disappears in chunks.  Joe Girard tries to do too much.  And what the hell was Dolezaj doing tonight? Uggh....next season.

I like Hughes a lot but he is so laid-back that he disappears a lot

32 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

25 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I like Hughes a lot but he is so laid-back that he disappears a lot

I will defend him a bit. He carries the team and isn’t really built to do that, which may explain why he will sometimes fade away. The talent drop-off after him is startling. The rest of the guys on the team are depth or role guys. He would have really benefitted from having a good second guy like Brissett. 

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I will defend him a bit. He carries the team and isn’t really built to do that, which may explain why he will sometimes fade away. The talent drop-off after him is startling. The rest of the guys on the team are depth or role guys. He would have really benefitted from having a good second guy like Brissett. 

Just give the freshmen time to develop. JGIII and Gurrier will be great in time

Hopefully next year if Hughes comes back

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1