Syracuse Basketball 2023-24

Buffalo716

3 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Can’t let him leave on 4/2 without a commit.  Again, I’m hearing that the coaches feel very confident that he will commit on his visit.  Obvious physical differences, but his low post game kind of reminds me of Fab Melo.

He does have a very smooth low post game. I think he is a very good 4 year prospect 

• Like (+1) 1

Didn’t have a chance to mention it here, but I had heard Oshae Brissett has been telling his professors that he plans to enter the draft and it appears that’s where things are headed with him seemingly posting a goodbye on Instagram.

9 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Didn’t have a chance to mention it here, but I had heard Oshae Brissett has been telling his professors that he plans to enter the draft and it appears that’s where things are headed with him seemingly posting a goodbye on Instagram.

That’s what I’m hearing as well.  Buh bye Oshae.  Best of luck.

3 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

That’s what I’m hearing as well.  Buh bye Oshae.  Best of luck.

Yeah, hope he can carve out a nice career for himself wherever that is, but I don't foresee him getting drafted and I'm not particularly sad to lose him.

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

Yeah, hope he can carve out a nice career for himself wherever that is, but I don't foresee him getting drafted and I'm not particularly sad to lose him.

Some folks think he will declare but not hire an agent just yet.  Get a thorough draft evaluation similar to what Tyus did last year.

Some folks think he is just done at SU.  He had a rough year, and consequently seemed to be in JB’s doghouse all year long.  Not fun.

3 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Some folks think he will declare but not hire an agent just yet.  Get a thorough draft evaluation similar to what Tyus did last year.

Some folks think he is just done at SU.  He had a rough year, and consequently seemed to be in JB’s doghouse all year long.  Not fun.

Yeah I've heard he just basically hates Boeheim. He's not even listed among the top 100 prospects in the draft...I don't think he's going to learn anything at the combine that a simple google search wouldn't turn up. But I guess we'll see. I'd rather his minutes go to the younger guys anyways.

2 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

6 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Totally not NBA ready

cant shoot at a good percentage and can’t finish to save his life 

whats up with SU players leaving before they are ready. Been happening for years

5 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Yeah I've heard he just basically hates Boeheim. He's not even listed among the top 100 prospects in the draft...I don't think he's going to learn anything at the combine that a simple google search wouldn't turn up. But I guess we'll see. I'd rather his minutes go to the younger guys anyways.

Quincy Guerrier says thanks for the PT, Oshae ?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Totally not NBA ready

cant shoot at a good percentage and can’t finish to save his life 

whats up with SU players leaving before they are ready. Been happening for years

I think almost all of them have made the right decision for themselves, or in the one case that I thought it was a poor decision (Jerami Grant), he ended up panning out after 4+ years in the league and is now the best SU alum in the league right now. Brissett stands almost no chance of being drafted though, so if that's fine with him, it is what it is I guess.

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

I think almost all of them have made the right decision for themselves, or in the one case that I thought it was a poor decision (Jerami Grant), he ended up panning out after 4+ years in the league and is now the best SU alum in the league right now. Brissett stands almost no chance of being drafted though, so if that's fine with him, it is what it is I guess.

Yea I thought Grant made a mistake but after years has figured it out

Braswell time 

2 hours ago, DCOrange said:

I'd say Waiters is the best SU alum, but it's close. 

7 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

I'd say Waiters is the best SU alum, but it's close. 

All 30 NBA teams would take Grant over Waiters without giving it any thought. I don’t think any team would consider them to be close. 

13 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

All 30 NBA teams would take Grant over Waiters without giving it any thought. I don’t think any team would consider them to be close. 

Yes. Waiters has been injured. If he stays healthy, he's pretty good. They're close. He's also at a 4/$52 contract. Grant is 3/$27. So at least one team values him more.

11 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

Yes. Waiters has been injured. If he stays healthy, he's pretty good. They're close. He's also at a 4/$52 contract. Grant is 3/$27. So at least one team values him more.

One team signed Waiters to a contract the offseason that every team lost their minds and now they can’t get rid of him

22 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Waiters is def close. Started his career hot and has been failing off

still, not many more programs that put players into the league than SU

He's been plagued by injuries, but he can still score.

SU has done pretty good there. The run of guards they got in was pretty crazy. Flynn. Waiters. Carter Williams. Ennis.