Syracuse Basketball 2023-24

Buffalo716

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

True . But even as an 11 last year they got a 3 in round 2

but I guess that’s how brackets go

I'm excited for the tournament but they've over performed recently in tournaments. I'm feeling like they're due for an early exit. Not the greatest logic, just how I'm feeling about it.

15 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I'm excited for the tournament but they've over performed recently in tournaments. I'm feeling like they're due for an early exit. Not the greatest logic, just how I'm feeling about it.

If Howard can play like he did the other night against Duke, and assuming battle is back, they could make some noise. I'm not expecting much though 

• Like (+1) 1

10:00 pm tip on Thursday ??

Cancel all my Friday appointments....

2 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

We get spanked by the Zags in the 2nd game..

Perhaps.  Just like the rest of this season...depends on which SU team shows up.  I think we CAN beat any team in the NCAAs including any of the #1 seeds.  Duke scares me the most.  Gonzaga the least of the 1s.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

10:00 pm tip on Thursday ??

Cancel all my Friday appointments....

Perhaps.  Just like the rest of this season...depends on which SU team shows up.  I think we CAN beat any team in the NCAAs including any of the #1 seeds.  Duke scares me the most.  Gonzaga the least of the 1s.

I took a half day Thursday and all of Friday off, so I am good to go!

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Could it be repercussions for the trip?

That was what I initially thought, myself.

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I don’t think so.  I believe that would come down from the NCAA.  

Unless the school chose to do it themselves. It looks better for the school if they do it.

Besides, I don't know if this would have come down from the NCAA. It wasn't flagrant. But the school has probably gotten some bad press because of it.

There's no chance that Howard got suspended for failing to trip a player. Come on.

Clearly he did something else since then. Considering his rumored past incidents it's not hard to imagine him being an idiot.

As for how the team plays without him, I'd guess Battle plays PG and Boeheim plays SG and they basically play the entire game. Maybe Carey spells one of them for a short stretch here and there but I don't even think that's a certainty.