Buffalo716

Syracuse Basketball 2019-2020

13 hours ago, inkman said:

I tend to think this isn't a big loss.

Anyways, best of luck to him. I hope he can find a role for himself in the NBA.

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

I tend to think this isn't a big loss.

Anyways, best of luck to him. I hope he can find a role for himself in the NBA.

Based on his performance during his freshman year and his combine performance, I am feeling more and more that losing Brissett is huge.  There must have been some off the court drama going on because he sucked during his sophomore season.  

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, inkman said:

This is disheartening

https://www.syracuse.com/sports/2019/05/jaden-mcdaniels-another-top-basketball-recruit-chooses-mike-hopkins-washington.html

Cuse seems to be heading in the opposite direction. It makes you wonder how it would be if Hopkins was given the reigns he was promised.  

Jaden never coming to SU

Look at the recruits on SU boards through 20 and 21

lots of studs

Is Hopkins a great recruiter? Yes 

is Boeheim a great recruiter? Yes tho not what he once was

can SU get a coach of that level when Boeheim retires? Absolutely 

Hopkins isn’t coach K... he isn’t Jimmy B

5 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Based on his performance during his freshman year and his combine performance, I am feeling more and more that losing Brissett is huge.  There must have been some off the court drama going on because he sucked during his sophomore season.  

Agree

Edited by Buffalo716

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Jaden never coming to SU

Look at the recruits on SU boards through 20 and 21

lots of studs

Is Hopkins a great recruiter? Yes 

is Boeheim a great recruiter? Yes tho not what he once was

can SU get a coach of that level when Boeheim retires? Absolutely 

Hopkins isn’t coach K... he isn’t Jimmy B

Agree

My reaction was more along the lines of Hop getting two 5 star recruits while Cuse has a pretty weak class coming in. 

23 minutes ago, inkman said:

My reaction was more along the lines of Hop getting two 5 star recruits while Cuse has a pretty weak class coming in. 

Weak class?

Brycen Goodine is a top 100 player and stud..

Joe Girard is going to be Jerry McNamara. He’s legitimate.

Quincey Guerrier is going to replace Brissett and is better offensively when they both were coming in. He might be the best kid in SUs class

Jessie Edwards has only been in the US for 8 months and is a total unknown but rising recruiting ranks. They hit with Dolezaj overseas 

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Weak class?

Quincey Guerrier is going to replace Brissett and is better offensively when they both were coming in. He might be the best kid in SUs class

Jessie Edwards has only been in the US for 8 months and is a total unknown but rising recruiting ranks. They hit with Dolezaj overseas 

I agree, in that I love this recruiting class.  Red and Gmac worked hard to put together a very solid, but unheralded, recruiting class.  We are pretty much loaded up from 1-4.  But who’s our center?  Marek, Sidibe?  I’m concerned about the 5.

4 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I agree, in that I love this recruiting class.  Red and Gmac worked hard to put together a very solid, but unheralded, recruiting class.  We are pretty much loaded up from 1-4.  But who’s our center?  Marek, Sidibe?  I’m concerned about the 5.

I’m pretty concerned 

BUT

Sidibe had surgery for tendinitis last year... big men usually need 1 full year for recovery... he should look like an upperclassman this season hopefully 

if not Dolezaj plays a stretch 5... we will hurt rebounding and defending but offense will look better

Jesse Edward the dark horse 

4 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Weak class?

Your optimism is infectious. I feel better about them. 

• Thanks! (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Weak class?

inkman had me worried, but now you got me hyped! lol

Edited by Bray Wyatt
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Weak class?

Those recruits are fine in the Big East, won't be able to keep up with classes like that in ACC.

Syracuse is a brand on the decline.  The ACC is a different animal.

3 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

Those recruits are fine in the Big East, won't be able to keep up with classes like that in ACC.

Syracuse is a brand on the decline.  The ACC is a different animal.

Ummm the old big east that SU was in was the best basketball conference in the country 

it was better than the ACC and they had no problem recruiting 

Joe Girard is so bad that coach K was was going in circles trying to land him 

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Ummm the old big east that SU was in was the best basketball conference in the country 

it was better than the ACC and they had no problem recruiting 

Joe Girard is so bad that coach K was was going in circles trying to land him 

You are going back like 15 years.  Like I said, Syracuse is a declining brand, it was much more valuable with Hopkins and a younger Boeheim.

The game has changed, and Boeheim has not.  They play a slow paced game which is not the best way attract players in today's era.

Cuse has the 7th rated recruiting ranking in the ACC for the last several years.  That is also about where they finish off in the ACC.  Most Cuse fans I have talked to, are not happy with finishing mid ACC every year.

Girard never even visited Duke.  I can't remember the last player rated as low as Girard got significant playing time at Duke. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ittakestime said:

You are going back like 15 years.  Like I said, Syracuse is a declining brand, it was much more valuable with Hopkins and a younger Boeheim.

The game has changed, and Boeheim has not.  They play a slow paced game which is not the best way attract players in today's era.

Cuse has the 7th rated recruiting ranking in the ACC for the last several years.  That is also about where they finish off in the ACC.  Most Cuse fans I have talked to, are not happy with finishing mid ACC every year.

Girard never even visited Duke.  I can't remember the last player rated as low as Girard got significant playing time at Duke. 

Now I know you are trolling lol

Girard did have an unofficial visit to duke and they were considered the front runner. Jack White at Duke gets tons of playing time(20mpg last year) and he’s a lowly 3* recruit

and SU has ALWAYS PLAYED FAST PACED

did you forget Cuse has been on sanctions? 

They haven’t had the bodies to play fast

Boeheim always wants to run and I expect an up tempo offense again

Sanctions has killed Cuse the last 4-5 years... not Boeheim 

Edited by Buffalo716

45 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Now I know you are trolling lol

Girard did have an unofficial visit to duke and they were considered the front runner. Jack White at Duke gets tons of playing time and he’s a lowly 3* recruit

and SU has ALWAYS PLAYED FAST PACED

did you forget Cuse has been on sanctions? 

They haven’t had the bodies to play fast

Boeheim always wants to run and I expect an up tempo offense 

Sanctions has killed Cuse the last 4-5 years... not Boeheim 

Delusional

Cuse is known as a slow paced, defensive dominate team. You could ask 20 recruits about Cuse and they will bring up the zone.  That is what they are known for, defense. 

Possessions per game rankings:

2019 : 261

2018:  336

2017: 254

2016: 329

2015: 113

2014: 347

2013: 188

When the heck did they play a fast paced game?  The more offensive possession allows for players to put up more stats and make them look better. 

Girard was never a legit Duke option, you can think whatever you want.  Unofficial visits are a dime a dozen in college BB.  He could go to the Duke summer basketball camp and that would be considered unofficial.

Jack White is from Australia and I don't think he left the bench the first two years and played a half a season this year.  Is that really what Girard wants?

Why are sanctions considered an opt out for failure?  The sanctions were put on for a reason.

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Delusional

Cuse is known as a slow paced, defensive dominate team. You could ask 20 recruits about Cuse and they will bring up the zone.  That is what they are known for, defense. 

Possessions per game rankings:

2019 : 261

2018:  336

2017: 254

2016: 329

2015: 113

2014: 347

2013: 188

When the heck did they play a fast paced game?  The more offensive possession allows for players to put up more stats and make them look better. 

Girard was never a legit Duke option, you can think whatever you want.  Unofficial visits are a dime a dozen in college BB.  He could go to the Duke summer basketball camp and that would be considered unofficial.

Jack White is from Australia and I don't think he left the bench the first two years and played a half a season this year.  Is that really what Girard wants?

Why are sanctions considered an opt out for failure?  The sanctions were put on for a reason.

What the heck does the zone have to do with pace of play on offense? The zone was the way SU got out in transition and ran

i can bring up 100 interviews where Boeheim says he wants to play fast and has always wanted to play fast on offense

they only started slowing down with Tyler Ennis

they played fast under Michael carter Williams, Jonny Flynn, scoop jardine, triche , going all the way back to Pearl Washington .. remember him?

Jim USES the zone to play faster on offense historically by creating turnovers. That’s a fact 

his zone creates a slow defensive pace but he has ALWAYS liked to get into transition and run

all those PGs I mentioned , their teams thrived in transition and playing fast and struggled a lot more in the half court on offense

they were not half court teams 

agree to disagree 

Edited by Buffalo716

https://247sports.com/Player/Woody-Newton-46049423/

‘20 4 Star (ranked 74 in class) forward Woody Newton to announce tomorrow.  I’m hearing he’s liking 🍊.  Would be a good get.  Potential 5 star guy by the time he graduates, and will likely grow a couple more inches.

Reminds me a lot of Chris McCullough.

• Like (+1) 1

Ctrl F5.....Ctrl F5...Ctrl F5

20 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

https://247sports.com/Player/Woody-Newton-46049423/

‘20 4 Star (ranked 74 in class) forward Woody Newton to announce tomorrow.  I’m hearing he’s liking 🍊.  Would be a good get.  Potential 5 star guy by the time he graduates, and will likely grow a couple more inches.

Reminds me a lot of Chris McCullough.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Woop woop!

Great length and good athleticism 

22 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Woop woop!

Great length and good athleticism 

Now if we can land Andre Jackson...that ‘20 class could really be outstanding.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Now if we can land Andre Jackson...that ‘20 class could really be outstanding.

My friends out there say Jackson is really high on playing at SU. He is the perfect SU wing 

i think he will commit to SU and has a really good chance at ending as a 5* player