Syracuse Basketball 2023-24

Buffalo716

On 3/2/2019 at 5:46 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Definitely that’s why I was interested...

he seems to be a perfect 2-3 wing player and I thought there might be a chance

im starting to feel like Jim B is having trouble recruiting the 5* guys now

Honestly, has Jim been good at recruiting 5 star athletes ever? He nabbed Melo and DC but how many others?  

1 minute ago, inkman said:

Honestly, has Jim been good at recruiting 5 star athletes ever? He nabbed Melo and DC but how many others?  

Fab melo,Dion Waiters, michael carter Williams, Malachi Richardson, Jonny Flynn, Paul Harris. I can prolly keep going

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Fab melo,Dion Waiters, michael carter Williams, Malachi Richardson, Jonny Flynn, Paul Harris. I can prolly keep going

We're they all 5 star?  I thought most of them were 3 & 4. 

20 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Every single one was a 5*

And every single one was a Mike Hopkins recruit.  Boeheim doesn’t really actively recruit anymore.  He sometimes will make a visit, but overall, he has been pretty hands off in the recruiting process for a long time.

11 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Big game tonight.

It'd be nice to see a good Syracuse shooting team show up tonight, but I won't hold my breath.

It’s going to be a defensive battle.  Perimeter shooting, rebounding, and converting on foul shots will decide this one.  I am thankful Syracuse is at home for this one.  A win would be huge.

19 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

And every single one was a Mike Hopkins recruit.  Boeheim doesn’t really actively recruit anymore.  He sometimes will make a visit, but overall, he has been pretty hands off in the recruiting process for a long time.

It’s going to be a defensive battle.  Perimeter shooting, rebounding, and converting on foul shots will decide this one.  I am thankful Syracuse is at home for this one.  A win would be huge.

Can't wait.

Go Hoos.

1 minute ago, sherpa said:

Can't wait.

Go Hoos.

Haha.  Good luck.  I’m actually watching the game tonight with a friend who is a UVA alum (and obviously) a huge UVA hoops fan.  I have a lot of respect for Tony Bennett.  Great program.  It will be unfortunate for them to have to lose in the dome tonight ?

36 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I fully understand that hammer. I know he doesn’t actively recruit and hasn’t for a long time... but neither does coach K

its still his team and he put together a staff capable of recruiting and getting those players and he hasn’t recently. He needs to get a better AC who can recruit then

19 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Haha.  Good luck.  I’m actually watching the game tonight with a friend who is a UVA alum (and obviously) a huge UVA hoops fan.  I have a lot of respect for Tony Bennett.  Great program.  It will be unfortunate for them to have to lose in the dome tonight ?

We shall see.

I hate talking about games before they happen.

Both UVA uards were talking about the difficulty of playing in the Carrier Dome....Depth perception issues because of the size of the arena.

Still....UVA has had absolutely no problem with zones.

Edited by sherpa

6 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Howard sucks will be glad when he is gone, dude lost his confidence and never got it back. Brissett has been disappointing this year. If battle has a bad game we have no chance.

This. Battle needs to go on a Kemba Walker run for this team to compete

If you would have told me that UVA was going to hit 18 threes, I would have bet my house and first born child on the ‘Hoos.  

Line was UVA -6 BTW

UVA is better than Duke and UNC, IMHO.  They play exceptional defense, and they shoot the rock well.  Good formula for success in March/April.  As I stated before, I really respect Tony Bennett.  Great coach.

Same old story.  Both teams play good defense and shoot well in the first half.  Virginia continues to play good defense and shoot well in the 2nd half, and Syracuse totally craps their shorts on national television.  Sound familiar?

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, inkman said:

Anyone else think Jalen Carey is going to transfer?  Dude is mean muggin every game on the bench.  

I mean it’s certainly a thought when a kid is riding the pine...

but around campus word is he is working his tail off to be the starting PG next season 

he just isnt ready rn... Michael carter Williams didn’t really play as a freshman 

On 3/2/2019 at 4:46 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Definitely that’s why I was interested...

he seems to be a perfect 2-3 wing player and I thought there might be a chance

im starting to feel like Jim B is having trouble recruiting the 5* guys now

He's been accused of publicly lowering his best players draft stock. I forget who it was recently.. maybe Michael Carter Williams? Where he told the media that a clear NBA first rounder shouldn't be drafted, wasn't NBA ready, needed more development at college, etc. I mean he explicitly said something like he wouldn't draft his own guy into the NBA. That's messed up and rubs fans and players alike the wrong way.

Not a good reputation. I'm sure there's truth to what he's saying sometimes, and it gets overblown, but the MCW thing was BAD. He really didn't choose his words carefully.

On 3/4/2019 at 9:05 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

They play exceptional defense, and they shoot the rock well.  Good formula for success in March/April.  As I stated before, I really respect Tony Bennett.  Great coach.

He keeps getting NBA buzz a la Brad Stevens at Butler. I'd have to say now Bennett is the best in-game coach in college basketball, would be cool to see him try it in the NBA.

However he seems to have built a powerhouse at UVA whereas Brad Stevens' Butler wasn't meant to last.

On 3/4/2019 at 8:01 PM, Bray Wyatt said:

Howard sucks will be glad when he is gone, dude lost his confidence and never got it back. Brissett has been disappointing this year. If battle has a bad game we have no chance.

Yeah felt like the only hope was banking on Brissett taking a huge step going into the season. Aside from Brissett and Battle I'm pretty tired of seeing these same players last what.. like 3-4 years? Not good enough

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P