Syracuse Basketball 2023-24

Buffalo716

FWIW, I'm hearing that the coaching staff feels really good about Stewart coming to Syracuse.  Apparently, there is family pressure to stay closer to home, and after his official visit, he is really warming up to the idea of doing so.

For those who have followed me in the Syracuse hoops threads, I have made it known that I have a "source" within the SU athletic department (and another actually who is an alum and prominent donor to the university).  My information has proved to be correct on many occasions, and turned out to be wrong on other occasions.  College basketball recruiting is a crazy thing, and decisions can change at the last minute for different reasons.  Take this information for what it's worth.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks
  • Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Let’s just say that I have a really good feeling about Quincy Guerrier’s announcement tonight ??

Good call! Guerrier chooses Cuse!

lets rename it the Guerrier Dome! Ok ok I kid but so far 2019 class is really good and can be fantastic/great if they can get Stewart now. 

Syracuse has always recruited well in Canada. 

?????????

• Like (+1) 2

Huge!  Quincy is going to be an absolute beast.  Think a more athletic and stronger Demetris Nichols.  

With Joe Girard and Bryce Goodine already committed, this already makes a top 5 2019 recruiting class.  Still work to do with 5* PF/C Stewart, 5* C Akok (who I believe is going to UCONN), and 4*C Qudus Wahab, I think this team is gearing up for a championship run.

Psyched about Guerrier!

Watching the LeMoyne scrimmage last night, was really impressed with how loaded and versatile this team is, and that's without our injury rehabbing point guards. When they get back this team will be deep and dangerous! 

The future in college basketball looks Orange to me! 

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Gavin in Va Beach said:

Psyched about Guerrier!

Watching the LeMoyne scrimmage last night, was really impressed with how loaded and versatile this team is, and that's without our injury rehabbing point guards. When they get back this team will be deep and dangerous! 

The future in college basketball looks Orange to me! 

Indeed.  A wealth of riches at both guard positions once Howard, Washington, and Carey return.  Some overlap between positions, as guys like Hughes, Dolazaj, and sidibe give us some flexibility.  I see the depth chart as follows, and I think JB will go 8-9 deep in many games.  Washington and Braswell will inevitably be in JB's dog house, and will see limited time, IMO.  I could see Howard Washington transferring after the season, actually.

PG: Howard, Carey, Washington

SG: Battle, Boeheim, Hughes

SF: Brissett, Hughes

PF: Dolezaj, Sidibe, Braswell

? Chukwu, Sidibe, Dolezaj

47 minutes ago, nemhoff said:

Hammersticks- any word on Stewart?  Loved what I have seen from this year’s team so far.  Finally have some shooters!

I’ve been told that the coaching staff actually feels pretty good about their chances.  Especially since his official visit.  Word is Mom and Dad really want him to stay closer to home, and he is warming up to the idea.  Apparently he had a really good visit.

Also, it doesn’t hurt the we just landed Girard (his close friend and AAU teammate) and Guerrier.  I think it’s going to be a toss up between Sparty, Cuse and Duke. In that order...

If I hear more I will post.  Let me know if anyone gets tired of my “info” as I don’t want to be annoying.

Feeling pumped about this season ??!!

Edit:  people forget about Brycen Goodine

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks
  • Like (+1) 1

On 11/1/2018 at 12:25 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Indeed.  A wealth of riches at both guard positions once Howard, Washington, and Carey return.  Some overlap between positions, as guys like Hughes, Dolazaj, and sidibe give us some flexibility.  I see the depth chart as follows, and I think JB will go 8-9 deep in many games.  Washington and Braswell will inevitably be in JB's dog house, and will see limited time, IMO.  I could see Howard Washington transferring after the season, actually.

PG: Howard, Carey, Washington

SG: Battle, Boeheim, Hughes

SF: Brissett, Hughes

PF: Dolezaj, Sidibe, Braswell

? Chukwu, Sidibe, Dolezaj

The Syracuse Post Standard Sunday edition had an entire section dedicated to SU Basketball this morning.   I am sure you would enjoy it if you can find it.  Not sure if it is online or not.   Kind of surprised they listed the bench as 4 guards, 1 forward and 1 center.  They had Hughes listed as a guard, but I think you are more accurate in showing him as a guard or a forward.

On 10/31/2018 at 11:11 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Huge!  Quincy is going to be an absolute beast.  Think a more athletic and stronger Demetris Nichols.  

With Joe Girard and Bryce Goodine already committed, this already makes a top 5 2019 recruiting class.  Still work to do with 5* PF/C Stewart, 5* C Akok (who I believe is going to UCONN), and 4*C Qudus Wahab, I think this team is gearing up for a championship run.

This is what the people I trust have been saying too; from what I've heard, the staff came out of Akok's visit with the impression that he wasn't all that interested in them anymore. I hope you're right about Stewart; I've heard that we at least have a chance but isn't seen as particularly likely.

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 7:41 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I’ve been told that the coaching staff actually feels pretty good about their chances.  Especially since his official visit.  Word is Mom and Dad really want him to stay closer to home, and he is warming up to the idea.  Apparently he had a really good visit.

Also, it doesn’t hurt the we just landed Girard (his close friend and AAU teammate) and Guerrier.  I think it’s going to be a toss up between Sparty, Cuse and Duke. In that order...

If I hear more I will post.  Let me know if anyone gets tired of my “info” as I don’t want to be annoying.

Feeling pumped about this season ??!!

Edit:  people forget about Brycen Goodine

You are not annoying----you are informative. On this subject you are an authentic voice to be listened to. Thank you. :)

• Like (+1) 4

29 minutes ago, JohnC said:

You are not annoying----you are informative. On this subject you are an authentic voice to be listened to. Thank you. :)

Thanks man.  With all the phony prognosticators on the main board, I’m reluctant to post stuff sometimes for fear of looking like a jackass...lol.  Especially because my info has turned out to be wrong a few times.

I remember during the Nerlens Noel recruiting fiasco, I had it on good authority that he was 100% Cuse the morning of his announcement, got a text that he had flipped his decision to Georgetown at lunch time, and then got a text a couple hours before he announced that he had again changed to Kentucky ?

I felt like a dummy, but college basketball recruiting is a crazy, and sometimes dirty, game.  I will continue to use my discretion and post on here about the stuff that I feel confident about.  Sounds like @DCOrange has some connects, which will be interesting to compare what he is hearing and what I am hearing.

Go ???!

5 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Thanks man.  With all the phony prognosticators on the main board, I’m reluctant to post stuff sometimes for fear of looking like a jackass...lol.  Especially because my info has turned out to be wrong a few times.

I remember during the Nerlens Noel recruiting fiasco, I had it on good authority that he was 100% Cuse the morning of his announcement, got a text that he had flipped his decision to Georgetown at lunch time, and then got a text a couple hours before he announced that he had again changed to Kentucky ?

I felt like a dummy, but college basketball recruiting is a crazy, and sometimes dirty, game.  I will continue to use my discretion and post on here about the stuff that I feel confident about.  Sounds like @DCOrange has some connects, which will be interesting to compare what he is hearing and what I am hearing.

Go ???!

I don’t have direct connections, but I know a few people who do so it’s more like a friend of a friend is hearing _________. I remember hearing the same stuff regarding Noel too

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Go ???!

He must have gotten a better offer $$

• Buffalo716 changed the title to Syracuse Basketball 2023-24