Syracuse Basketball 2023-24

Buffalo716

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Thx for sharing.  Hopefully he keeps his academics in order with all these school changes and his transcripts are in order.  Just sayin.  I thought the move to Oak Hill would be really good for him.  Perhaps he will return 🤷🏾‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Thx for sharing.  Hopefully he keeps his academics in order with all these school changes and his transcripts are in order.  Just sayin.  I thought the move to Oak Hill would be really good for him.  Perhaps he will return 🤷🏾‍♂️

Of course oak Hill would have been great for him

He still has a season left and right now his health is the most important thing

43 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Of course oak Hill would have been great for him

He still has a season left and right now his health is the most important thing

It still is awful curious that he left the school, and the HC doesn’t even know if he’s coming back.  Shrug it off all you want...something is fishy here.

Was there a disagreement between he and his coach about his injury and how long he would/should be sidelined?

This may not be a “nothing to see here” type thing, ya know?

10 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

It still is awful curious that he left the school, and the HC doesn’t even know if he’s coming back.  Shrug it off all you want...something is fishy here.

Was there a disagreement between he and his coach about his injury and how long he would/should be sidelined?

This may not be a “nothing to see here” type thing, ya know?

Of course we are only assuming.. but that is what I would think

Coaches are trying to get him to play sooner than later to help them win games, and he probably wants to shut it down for a couple months and get back to 100%

9 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Of course we are only assuming.. but that is what I would think

Coaches are trying to get him to play sooner than later to help them win games, and he probably wants to shut it down for a couple months and get back to 100%

Funny.  I assumed the opposite based on his comments about the nature/severity of his injury.  He seems to be minimizing it.  Just a hunch, but I think he wants to play sooner than his coach/training staff are recommending.  

I’m going to reach out to my dude on the hill and see if he knows anything. 🤔

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Funny.  I assumed the opposite based on his comments about the nature/severity of his injury.  He seems to be minimizing it.  Just a hunch, but I think he wants to play sooner than his coach/training staff are recommending.  

I’m going to reach out to my dude on the hill and see if he knows anything. 🤔

I really haven't read much into the injury so you might be right. I just figured he was being rushed back

• 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Just caught this on the evening news, Dior de-commits.  He is unsure about his future, but SU is still on his list.

Saw this coming 20 miles away.  G-League 😒

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/2020/11/syracuse-recruiting-target-roddy-gayle-reveals-top-6-school-plus-final-decision-date.html%3FoutputType%3Damp

‘22 top 60 SG Roddy Gayle will announce on Friday, but I’m hearing he’s headed to Ohio St.

On 9/30/2020 at 4:48 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Hate to say I told you so....

6 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

“Awesome win today against a tough Bryant squad,” said no one ever. 

Give me a break. What a sloppy piece of hot trash that looked like today. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

It was definitely frustrating to watch

It felt like they were down 30 the whole game. Every time I looked up, it was less than 10.  

• Like (+1) 1

Maybe giving Syracuse the benefit of the doubt, UVA and Pitt were both upset in their openers by weak non-conference opponents.

Maybe the lack of any meaningful practice is “evening out” these games by disproportionately hurting the teams with younger or new players, or that rely more heavily on “coached-up schemes” (like UVA’s man defense or SU’s zone defense).

22 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Maybe giving Syracuse the benefit of the doubt, UVA and Pitt were both upset in their openers by weak non-conference opponents.

Maybe the lack of any meaningful practice is “evening out” these games by disproportionately hurting the teams with younger or new players, or that rely more heavily on “coached-up schemes” (like UVA’s man defense or SU’s zone defense).

Boeheim put it all on him for not letting his team practice for the last 2 weeks. Said it really hurt them