Syracuse Basketball 2023-24

Buffalo716

23 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

<gulp> Well...that was about the ugliest excuse for a ‘Cuse basketball team I’ve seen in a while ?‍♂️

Not that I expected to beat Louisville, but damn, we would have got worked by Louisville’s club team tonight.  Yuck, just yuck.

totally brutal. One of the worst losses I have seen from them.

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Can we win 2 of the last 4 to guarantee a winning season?  Sounds like Dior is bringing a couple 5* recruits with him to the UNC game.  Hopefully the Dome is packed and the energy is high!

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28723706/donovan-clingan-contends-basketball-future-late-mother-memory

Bring Clingan! He is definitely gonna be a 5* center

Announcer at start of 2nd half of Cuse-NC just confirmed my disgust at the misuse of the phrase “unanswered points.”

Quote:

”North Carolina scored 17 unanswered points in the first half, which were then answered by 11 straight Syracuse points.”

Morons. 

4 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

My friends at the game said he got boo’ed pretty bad on his way to his seat.

As for the game ?

What a spectacle of a game, and they totally crapped their pants.  ***** it, dude...

my buddy was sure they would win and go on a little run in the ACC tourney and be on the bubble. 

today’s game is exactly why the selection committee would never put this team in the tourney.

They are just way too inconsistent in almost every facet— sometimes it is O, sometimes it is D, sometimes it is rebounding, sometimes it is on the perimeter, and sometimes it is inside. They just have so many weaknesses and not many go-to strengths. 

25 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

my buddy was sure they would win and go on a little run in the ACC tourney and be on the bubble. 

today’s game is exactly why the selection committee would never put this team in the tourney.

They are just way too inconsistent in almost every facet— sometimes it is O, sometimes it is D, sometimes it is rebounding, sometimes it is on the perimeter, and sometimes it is inside. They just have so many weaknesses and not many go-to strengths. 

I might get flamed for this, but Hughes is one of the most maddeningly inconsistent players ever.  Completely disappears in chunks.  Joe Girard tries to do too much.  And what the hell was Dolezaj doing tonight? Uggh....next season.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I might get flamed for this, but Hughes is one of the most maddeningly inconsistent players ever.  Completely disappears in chunks.  Joe Girard tries to do too much.  And what the hell was Dolezaj doing tonight? Uggh....next season.

I like Hughes a lot but he is so laid-back that he disappears a lot

32 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

25 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I like Hughes a lot but he is so laid-back that he disappears a lot

I will defend him a bit. He carries the team and isn’t really built to do that, which may explain why he will sometimes fade away. The talent drop-off after him is startling. The rest of the guys on the team are depth or role guys. He would have really benefitted from having a good second guy like Brissett. 

1 minute ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I will defend him a bit. He carries the team and isn’t really built to do that, which may explain why he will sometimes fade away. The talent drop-off after him is startling. The rest of the guys on the team are depth or role guys. He would have really benefitted from having a good second guy like Brissett. 

Just give the freshmen time to develop. JGIII and Gurrier will be great in time

Hopefully next year if Hughes comes back

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Yep.  He goes MIA for long stretches.

Nauseating that someone paid Brady and Edelman to attend a game at the Dome.  Keep those two aholes away from the Dome.

21 hours ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Yep.  He goes MIA for long stretches.

Nauseating that someone paid Brady and Edelman to attend a game at the Dome.  Keep those two aholes away from the Dome.

They got paid to go to the game?? 

It turns out a couple of my friends know him well.  Stayed at his house, etc.  And, say what a great guy he is.  I asked what Brady, etc. were doing there and got a barrage of info on our group text.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/1634694/adam-weitsman-is-the-most-mysterious-man-in-america  

Mysterious is right.  I don't get why all these celebs would travel to random games.  Bermuda saying that they get paid is the only thing that made sense.  

5 hours ago, bbb said:

It turns out a couple of my friends know him well.  Stayed at his house, etc.  And, say what a great guy he is.  I asked what Brady, etc. were doing there and got a barrage of info on our group text.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/1634694/adam-weitsman-is-the-most-mysterious-man-in-america  

Mysterious is right.  I don't get why all these celebs would travel to random games.  Bermuda saying that they get paid is the only thing that made sense.  

Weitsman is not paying celebrities to come to games with him ?