Syracuse Basketball 2023-24

Buffalo716

We’ll see if he actually makes it to Syracuse. Sounds like the current belief is One and Done rule remains in place until at least 2023 if not longer. Still a long time for that to change or for him to decide to go somewhere/do something else but obviously a gigantic win if we keep him. 

Sounding like we’ll have some more commitments to celebrate soon too. 

2 hours ago, DCOrange said:

We’ll see if he actually makes it to Syracuse. Sounds like the current belief is One and Done rule remains in place until at least 2023 if not longer. Still a long time for that to change or for him to decide to go somewhere/do something else but obviously a gigantic win if we keep him. 

Sounding like we’ll have some more commitments to celebrate soon too. 

Nothing helps recruiting like landing a top 5 recruit!  Let’s hope things work out where we get him for at least a year.  I know things can change, but he sounds like he’s pretty loyal to the ‘Cuse coaching staff.  I think there is a chance that he reclassifies to 2021.  We’ll see.

Tough loss tonight. Losing Hughes and boeheim defended so well.  Guerrier is still very raw but he's getting more comfortable out there and kept the team in it.  Girard is nails but needs to get that 3 through the net.  Solid game from Edwards again.  Hate moral victories but this one could have been over early

53 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

Tough loss tonight. Losing Hughes and boeheim defended so well.  Guerrier is still very raw but he's getting more comfortable out there and kept the team in it.  Girard is nails but needs to get that 3 through the net.  Solid game from Edwards again.  Hate moral victories but this one could have been over early

I am with you. I actually felt really great about this loss. We were without our best player and it was really great to see guys like Girard and Guerrier step up. A game like this will go a long way in their development. 

Win or lose tonight, my view is that we have no chance of making the NCAAs. So just glad to see them play pretty well and young guys having big games.

8 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I am with you. I actually felt really great about this loss. We were without our best player and it was really great to see guys like Girard and Guerrier step up. A game like this will go a long way in their development. 

Win or lose tonight, my view is that we have no chance of making the NCAAs. So just glad to see them play pretty well and young guys having big games.

Sure we have a chance.  All we have to do is win the ACC tourney ??‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Gosh this team is frustrating 

Mannnnnnnn....I’m equally as perplexed.  Buddy and Eli have been trash.  Girard and Guerrier have stepped up, but it hasn’t been enough. Unless we beat Louisville and go really far in the ACC tourney, I think we’re NIT bound.

• Like (+1) 1

Sad to lose that one today. Great effort by Hughes and his game-tying 3 at the end was so close— in and out, really.

what really bothered me was that terrible 4-point play by FSU down the stretch. That was no foul by GJ on that 3. Just total garbage to call that, and it was a key point and big momentum changer. 

Just now, Johnny Hammersticks said:

<gulp> Well...that was about the ugliest excuse for a ‘Cuse basketball team I’ve seen in a while ?‍♂️

Not that I expected to beat Louisville, but damn, we would have got worked by Louisville’s club team tonight.  Yuck, just yuck.

***** show

And ACC refs suck