Syracuse Basketball 2023-24

Buffalo716

This team needed some good luck. They looked like they were going to choke the game away. Then they played looser In OT and that Buddy heave in OT was the lucky shot they’ve needed all year. 

UVA though looks pretty terrible this year. They’re just winning with D. They will probably be an 8 seed or worse in the tourney. 

7 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

This team needed some good luck. They looked like they were going to choke the game away. Then they played looser In OT and that Buddy heave in OT was the lucky shot they’ve needed all year. 

UVA though looks pretty terrible this year. They’re just winning with D. They will probably be an 8 seed or worse in the tourney. 

Wtf the one game I don't watch and we win!

Might have to sit a few out boys and see how she plays

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

This team is getting better.  That’s about all I got.  We shoot well and we tend to win against comparable teams.  We’ll see...

Yeah I'm trying not to get too excited but they looked good these last 2 games.  If they look this good next game ill start trying to figure out how they make the tournament lol

26 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Immediately eligible? And why so long away?

Yes immediately eligible, and presumably so that he can do what he's doing now: take visits to schools and basically treat it as a recruiting process all over again. Also might be saving himself an additional year of eligibility? I'm not sure about that part; I've been asleep at the wheel on this one.

Without even looking at video, his rebounding numbers are concerning to me. In his games against major conferences last year:

Boston College: 3 rebounds in 27 minutes

Rutgers: 4 rebounds in 28 minutes

Northwestern: 4 rebounds in 23 minutes

Roughly 5.5 rebounds per 40 minutes (for comparison's sake, Sidibe and Edwards are averaging 10.9 and 12.8 in conference play respectively). Again, haven't looked at video of him at all, but unless he's a Brook Lopez-style guy where he just boxes out and lets his teammates grab the rebounds, this guy looks to be unbelievably poor on the glass when he isn't playing against other small schools.

He did play for our coaching staff this summer though so we know this kid very well/he knows us very well.

Edited by DCOrange

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

Yes immediately eligible, and presumably so that he can do what he's doing now: take visits to schools and basically treat it as a recruiting process all over again. Also might be saving himself an additional year of eligibility? I'm not sure about that part; I've been asleep at the wheel on this one.

Without even looking at video, his rebounding numbers are concerning to me. In his games against major conferences last year:

Roughly 5.5 rebounds per 40 minutes (for comparison's sake, Sidibe and Edwards are averaging 10.9 and 12.8 in conference play respectively). Again, haven't looked at video of him at all, but unless he's a Brook Lopez-style guy where he just boxes out and lets his teammates grab the rebounds, this guy looks to be unbelievably poor on the glass when he isn't playing against other small schools.

Just seems odd to me he wouldn't do this tour during the summer so he could've chosen a team and got some chemistry

Definitely worrying numbers

2 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

He did play for our coaching staff this summer though so we know this kid very well/he knows us very well.

I am guessing he might get pushed around with a 230-pound frame like Edwards does. Still, at 6’10”, you’d think a few more balls would at least fall in your lap.