Syracuse Basketball 2023-24

Buffalo716

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Waiting to hear from my peeps about Isaiah.  My initial impression, based on online info, is that he’s a Bama lean.   But who knows?  That would make a pretty sweet ‘20 class! ?

Nate Oats is recruiting that good already?  

22 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I can’t believe we open against UVA! This is bonkers. 

This is how I like it! Test your mettle right away

They are replacing a bunch of players and SU has homecourt plus the element of surprise because nobody has ever seen Gurrier or Goodine or Girard yet in college 

And all 3 can shoot it from deep as well

20 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

This is how I like it! Test your mettle right away

They are replacing a bunch of players and SU has homecourt plus the element of surprise because nobody has ever seen Gurrier or Goodine or Girard yet in college 

And all 3 can shoot it from deep as well

I agree— just very scary!! These freshmen are going right to the deep end. It would be a great win if they can pull it off. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm not expecting a win tonight, but with the amount of shooting we have this year, we should end up surprising a couple teams on nights where we just get hot; maybe this will be one of those.

Certainly a major test for the development of Jalen Carey right away which I'm happy to see (though I've been hearing he's looked pretty rough in practices, but fingers crossed it comes together in live action).

5 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

really looking forward to watching this game tonight....that being said, is ACCN necessary or can we still access it via espn app on smart tvs?

It'll be available on WatchESPN.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Keukasmallies said:

Oh, is Jim Boehiem still coaching; I thought he had an agreement to retire a number of years ago as part of a resolution to a NCAA investigation.

Nah, Ryan Blackwell took over after a couple state titles at Liverpool HS.  Boeheim is in the rare flower business now.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Nah, Ryan Blackwell took over after a couple state titles at Liverpool HS.  Boeheim is in the rare flower business now.  

can you imagine that grump selling flowers? ?

1 hour ago, The Poojer said:

really looking forward to watching this game tonight....that being said, is ACCN necessary or can we still access it via espn app on smart tvs?

BTW, I just discovered that directv now carries ACC network. So I’m going to watch me some bojangles Commercials tonight!! 

24 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Today is the day ladies and gentlemen

How ya feeling bout it @Johnny Hammersticks

I don’t know how to feel.  Tough defensive team in UVA, and thus far Cuse has had a hard time protecting the ball against D2 teams.

Most interested to see if Jalen Carey can hold down the point.  Also interested to see if Quincy can hold his own against superior competition.  If we shoot well from outside, take care of the ball, and rebound well we have a chance.

My prediction...expect to see JG3 at PG at some point tonight.

Go Cuse!!

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks
  • Like (+1) 1