Syracuse Basketball 2023-24

Buffalo716

On 10/11/2019 at 7:16 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Does this hurt the chances of landing Isiah

No.

Edit: That doesn't mean Isaiah is coming btw, just means that Richmond's likely commitment doesn't impact Isaiah.

Edited by DCOrange

6 hours ago, DCOrange said:

No.

Edit: That doesn't mean Isaiah is coming btw, just means that Richmond's likely commitment doesn't impact Isaiah.

They gotta get scholarships from somewhere.  

Only 1 scholarship available and Woody Newton already committed. Sure they can work around some things for 1 more but if all 3 commit there gonna have to cut bait on a roster player

17 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Only 1 scholarship available and Woody Newton already committed. Sure they can work around some things for 1 more but if all 3 commit there gonna have to cut bait on a roster player

It won't be a problem.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Brissett leaving early gave them 1 for 2020 which covers Woody Newton.  There is some talk of Buddy Boeheim going from scholarship status to walk-on status, as that would free up another scholly and Buddy would still have 90% of his tuition covered anyway because Jim is a SU employee.  That would give us one more.

If no one declares for the draft after this season (and that seems to be the case...maybe Elijah Hughes ?‍♂️?), that will be it as far as scholarships go, but I suspect Howard Washington will transfer.  

Washington transferring would give us 3 total for 20-21 in that scenario.  I know Syracuse is Washington’s dream school and all that, but I just don’t see how he could get playing time.  We are loaded at guard, and it seems right now that he’s not even top 2 on the current PG depth chart.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

It won't be a problem.

Everybody says that but nobody says what they will do lol so it can't be that simple

Do you move buddy off scholarship? And force a transfer? But you can't force a transfer if the kid is eligible and wants to stay, best you can do Is put him in the doghouse

It's easy to say it's not a problem, but where are 2 scholarships coming from

5 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Brissett leaving early gave them 1 for 2020 which covers Woody Newton.  There is some talk of Buddy Boeheim going from scholarship status to walk-on status, as that would free up another scholly and Buddy would still have 90% of his tuition covered anyway because Jim is a SU employee.  That would give us one more.

If no one declares for the draft after this season (and that seems to be the case...maybe Elijah Hughes ?‍♂️?), that will be it as far as scholarships go, but I suspect Howard Washington will transfer.  

Washington transferring would give us 3 total for 20-21 in that scenario.  I know Syracuse is Washington’s dream school and all that, but I just don’t see how he could get playing time.  We are loaded at guard, and it seems right now that he’s not even top 2 on the current PG depth chart.

That is a better thought out scenario

That would play out well

@Johnny HammersticksBrycen Goodine won the 3 point contest Drilling 13-15

This squad will be able to shoot this year

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Johnny laid out what I would imagine is the most likely scenario, but there's other potential guys that could transfer/leave for other opportunities as well. We wouldn't be trying to bring in 3 if we weren't confident we could take 3.

I could see Bob Braswell falling into this category.  Especially if we land Isaiah.

6 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I could see Bob Braswell falling into this category.  Especially if we land Isaiah.

Bobby B was already thought of as a developmental prospect , breakthrough as a JR type guy

Isiah is a 2 and done, maybe 1 and done, I really don't know if that would Force Bob to leave

Carey is a sleeper imo , if he balls he will enter the draft, if he disappoints, I think he transfers

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Bobby B was already thought of as a developmental prospect , breakthrough as a JR type guy

Isiah is a 2 and done, maybe 1 and done, I really don't know if that would Force Bob to leave

Carey is a sleeper imo , if he balls he will enter the draft, if he disappoints, I think he transfers

I could see both Carey and Elijah Hughes as players who could declare for the draft after this year.  Carey would be more of a shocker, but I hear he’s much improved and is looking like our starting PG.  Reports about Braswell have been good this offseason, but he’s still low man on the totem pole as far as our forwards go.

The coaches think he fits in at both forward positions though, which helps his cause.  Of the forwards, however, he is the guy I could see transferring.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I was really rooting for that OKC team when they had Grant and Melo (plus, I love Westbrook and Adams). Too bad that it's totally been gutted.  

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

4* 2020 combo guard Kadari Richmond has committed to SU 

I heard he was at the exhibition game on Saturday.  His transcripts must have checked out ?

Great get for ‘Cuse.  Polished offensive game and versatile.  Can play both G positions and also SF.  Good length for the zone.  Currently #95 in ESPN top 100.  Should rise up the rankings by the end of his senior year.

On 10/31/2019 at 6:58 AM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Did anyone who watched the Carleton game leave with the feeling that Jalen Carey is “our guy” at PG?  Both he and Goodine seemed to have a hard time bringing the ball up against pressure.  I predict JG3 gets a lot more minutes at PG than expected this season.

Carey still has the turnover bug, needs to get his handle down.  JG3 looks like a stone-cold shooter that will pull minutes from the other Gaurds.  He does not look like a freshman out there, and so far the moment has not been “too big” for him.

he is going to be a fan favorite for sure

• Like (+1) 2

Isaiah Jackson announcing his commitment in two weeks. I've heard mixed things on our outlook here. My understanding is that at least up until now, the staff has felt like we're in a good spot to get him, but other people have told me they're more pessimistic than the staff is.

2 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Isaiah Jackson announcing his commitment in two weeks. I've heard mixed things on our outlook here. My understanding is that at least up until now, the staff has felt like we're in a good spot to get him, but other people have told me they're more pessimistic than the staff is.

Yea let's hope for the best . After all we did make the top 3

But I'm hearing it's a bama lean with UK 2

But I've heard wrong before!