Syracuse Basketball 2023-24

Buffalo716

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

I hope so.  Would love to see him make a better go at the NBA than Jimmer was able to.

NBA is the toughest league in the world to make for any pro sport

Only 15 roster spots per team. Only 10-12 play

You need to not only be a tremendous basketball player but tremendous athlete and defender as well

JG3 is a phenomenal basketball player but his athleticism and defensive skills might not be NBA par.. tho he can still progress and he certainly can play professional basketball all over the world

I hope he brings another title to SU

I think that this Italy trip is going to be so important for this young team.  To get some level of cohesiveness and experience before the season is crucial.  We really need one or two of the Freshmen to become high level scorers or we are going to get dominated in some of our ACC games.

I also predict that losing Brissett will be addition by subtraction, didn't play well last year IMO.

3 minutes ago, nemhoff said:

I think that this Italy trip is going to be so important for this young team.  To get some level of cohesiveness and experience before the season is crucial.  We really need one or two of the Freshmen to become high level scorers or we are going to get dominated in some of our ACC games.

I also predict that losing Brissett will be addition by subtraction, didn't play well last year IMO.

Gurrier is physically super similar to Brissett but he can even shoot it better. He will be a NBA draft pick

Goodine had also looked good so far and will crack the rotation. He can do it all also

JG3 says the hoop doesn't get smaller either 

34 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Gurrier is physically super similar to Brissett but he can even shoot it better. He will be a NBA draft pick

Goodine had also looked good so far and will crack the rotation. He can do it all also

JG3 says the hoop doesn't get smaller either 

I know that this is kind of stating the obvious, but JG3 is going to be absolutely adored by Cuse Fans.  I mean we are talking rolling Buddy and Gmac all in one.  I hope that he can ball out and get a great groove going from 3 point line this year.

More than anything for the Frosh, I just want to see them be fearless and aggressive.  I feel like the last few years our Frosh have played timid, too afraid to make mistakes and get the wrath of Jimmy. 

12 minutes ago, nemhoff said:

I know that this is kind of stating the obvious, but JG3 is going to be absolutely adored by Cuse Fans.  I mean we are talking rolling Buddy and Gmac all in one.  I hope that he can ball out and get a great groove going from 3 point line this year.

More than anything for the Frosh, I just want to see them be fearless and aggressive.  I feel like the last few years our Frosh have played timid, too afraid to make mistakes and get the wrath of Jimmy. 

I think that's because when Jimmy has veterans the Frosh get a short leash so they play scared

Brissett didn't have anybody ahead of him his Frosh year and didn't play timid

This can be a great Frosh class

• 2 weeks later...

5* PF Isiah Jackson wants an official visit this season ..

#1 player in Michigan, said he loved his unofficial

If SU lands Isiah or Andre 2020 will be a good 2 person class with Woody

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/2019/08/5-star-pf-isaiah-jackson-wants-syracuse-basketball-visit.html&ved=2ahUKEwjngcPy6qjkAhWpUt8KHaaGAGUQqOcBMAB6BAgHEAQ&usg=AOvVaw3EGDKaH5-mZMjSeXuEymkG&cshid=1567107719852

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I'd really like him but I don't even think SU has an open scholarship for 2020 with Woody commiting... Unless a transfer or something

Still sucks if true, really like the kids game

They would have “found room” for Andre AND Isaiah Jackson in 2020.  Waiting on word about Isaiah.