Syracuse Basketball 2023-24

Buffalo716

7 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I get ya, brotha.

Most unlikeable player in modern Cuse history?  Frank Howard ?

Hahaha you have never liked Frank..  I know I know lots of stories

But if he was a shlub he wouldn't be hated..  he's frustrating because he did display some really good basketball

With some of those annoying traits on and off field..  SU is all about family..  even the transfers are family...

Frank's SU family for life

I spoke with Lawrence Moten briefly at TBT this weekend, and knowing he was at the Melo Center a few days this week (TBT players and current players worked out together) I asked him which incoming freshman he was most impressed with.

Without hesitation he said JG3.  Said he is the best shooter he’s seen in orange since Shumpert or GMac.  Also said that Joe’s “gonna be a star” and he would be surprised if JG3 didn’t start at one of the guard positions almost right away.  Finished the conversation (before he was swept away by selfie seekers) by saying, “wait ‘til you see what he does in Italy.”  “People will be talking.”

Moten is a great guy, BTW.  If you ever see him at a game or on campus, don’t hesitate to walk up to him and say hello.  He’s very down to earth, and actually seems to like talking Cuse hoops with fans.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I spoke with Lawrence Moten briefly at TBT this weekend, and knowing he was at the Melo Center a few days this week (TBT players and current players worked out together) I asked him which incoming freshman he was most impressed with.

Without hesitation he said JG3.  Said he is the best shooter he’s seen in orange since Shumpert or GMac.  Also said that Joe’s “gonna be a star” and he would be surprised if JG3 didn’t start at one of the guard positions almost right away.  Finished the conversation (before he was swept away by selfie seekers) by saying, “wait ‘til you see what he does in Italy.”  “People will be talking.”

Moten is a great guy, BTW.  If you ever see him at a game or on campus, don’t hesitate to walk up to him and say hello.  He’s very down to earth, and actually seems to like talking Cuse hoops with fans.

Cool! And it's moten an SU legend! I bet he loves talkin SU hoops with SU fans

You just got me Soo I pumped! I wanted JG3 to come here so bad and I think he will help get us #2 sometime in the next 4

Fingers crossed ?

5 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Does he still coach? He coached the Rochester Razorsharks to a PBL championship. I was actually at the first game (was at Blue Cross) of the 3 game series. A Razorsharks guy got fouled with like 1 second left down by 1, and got to shoot free throws. He missed the first one, and then the second one too but a player crashed the boards and tipped it in for the victory

On 8/5/2019 at 4:03 PM, Buffalo716 said:

I’ve also been hearing amazing things about Goodine.  Handle good enough for PG...shot good enough for SG.  This freshman class might be really, really good....

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Hopefully JC gets it together

Recently I replied to a tweet by a local sports writer essentially saying that I didn’t think Carey had the starting PG job locked down yet (as he was suggesting).  He replied that if anyone was to unseat Carey, it would be Goodine or Washington.  When I mentioned JG3 he acted like I was crazy.

Anyway, the next morning I noticed that Jalen Carey had “liked” my initial reply stating that he was going to have to prove himself as the starting PG.  I thought that was interesting.  They pay attention to our tweets ?

9 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Recently I replied to a tweet by a local sports writer essentially saying that I didn’t think Carey had the starting PG job locked down yet (as he was suggesting).  He replied that if anyone was to unseat Carey, it would be Goodine or Washington.  When I mentioned JG3 he acted like I was crazy.

Anyway, the next morning I noticed that Jalen Carey had “liked” my initial reply stating that he was going to have to prove himself as the starting PG.  I thought that was interesting.  They pay attention to our tweets ?

You should tell him to lay off Twitter and work on his jumper ?

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

Just saw that Bol Ajak has visa issues and can't make the italy trip....how is that not sorted out by the university months in advance(yeah i know he hasn't been enrolled until recently)

That blows.  Usually the NCAA screws over these interntional players by prolonging/complicating their transcript reviews.  I’m just stoked that Quincy Guerrier is ready to roll.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/13/2019 at 11:53 AM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Interesting starting lineup:

PG: Jalen Carey

SG: Buddy Boeheim

SF: Elijah Hughes

PF: Quincy Querrier

? Bourama Sidibe

Marek is not playing because he's hurt

So it doenst look too out of place to me.

Goodine logged a good amount of minutes at PG and played well