Syracuse Basketball 2023-24

Buffalo716

On 7/26/2019 at 5:27 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Boeheims Army is looking to capture it's first ever The Basketball Tournament title and take home it's 2,000,000 prize

The roster is LOADED this year with sharp shooters Andrew White , John Gillon and Silent G

Eric D and former NBA baller Jordan Crawford

Arinze Onawaku , Hakim Warrick!

Loaded

I caught the 4th quarter of the game last night and couldn't believe Warrick still plays. He's 37. Still looks in his 20s though 

22 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I caught the 4th quarter of the game last night and couldn't believe Warrick still plays. He's 37. Still looks in his 20s though 

He was a beast today!

He is ageless!

His low post game is LIGHT-YEARS ahead of what we've had recently

2 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

BJ Johnson has been very, very good.  Gillon has been very good also, and always seems to provide a spark off the bench.  What’s up with B Triche?  Injured?  He’s gotta he much better than that Crawford clown.

Yes he's hurt. He said if they moved outta Syracuse region he could probably play

FYI he is probably SUs best pro playing overseas rn

My boy Triche was the Italian league MVP and top scorer

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yes he's hurt. He said if they moved outta Syracuse region he could probably play

FYI he is probably SUs best pro playing overseas rn

My boy Triche was the Italian league MVP and top scorer

That’s what I’m saying.  They will need Triche if they move on to Chicago.  Not only for his offense, but he’s an exceptional defender.

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

That’s what I’m saying.  They will need Triche if they move on to Chicago.  Not only for his offense, but he’s an exceptional defender.

He is terrific and a pretty stocky guard.

Hopefully he gets his injury under control because I agree they need him

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

AO going down before the tourney is still one of the most painful basketball experiences if my life

Oh man.  That was a year we could have won it all.  Blake Griffin tooled on us...

1 minute ago, inkman said:

God I still dislike Devendorf. He's just the opposite of charasmatic. 

Has there been a more unlikeable SU star? 

Totally 100% disagree.  Love his intensity.  He’s also very likeable if you follow closely what he does in the community.  I’ve hung around him a couple times at Cuse functions.  Great, great dude.

2 minutes ago, inkman said:

God I still dislike Devendorf. He's just the opposite of charasmatic. 

Has there been a more unlikeable SU star? 

I love him so I will say yes there have been worse

He is the guy EVERY TEAM HATES because he is Scrappy on and off the court and The guy EVERY COACH WANTS because he's a real basketball players

Oh man.  That was a year we could have won it all.  Blake Griffin tooled on us...

Totally 100% disagree.  Love his intensity.  He’s also very likeable if you follow closely what he does in the community.  I’ve hung around him a couple times at Cuse functions.  Great, great dude.

Yeah I'm only basing it off of his on court personality. Dude just doesn't stop yapping. 

I love him so I will say yes there have been worse

He is the guy EVERY TEAM HATES because he is Scrappy on and off the court and The guy EVERY COACH WANTS because he's a real basketball players

Buddy Boeheim and Marek Dolezaj are "Scrappy" too, I don't get the same vibe watching them.  To each their own I guess.

Yea we were the favorites and #1 for a good amount of the season

3 minutes ago, inkman said:

Yeah I'm only basing it off of his on court personality. Dude just doesn't stop yapping. 

Buddy Boeheim and Marek Dolezaj are "Scrappy" too, I don't get the same vibe watching them.  To each their own I guess.

I like buddy but he is nowhere near the talent or scrappiness of Devendorf

He got into players and coaches heads like I've never seen before

He was more hated than Grayson Allen in his SR season

Yea we were the favorites and #1 for a good amount of the season

I like buddy but he is nowhere near the talent or scrappiness of Devendorf

He got into players and coaches heads like I've never seen before

He was more hated than Grayson Allen in his SR season

I certainly wasn't making the comparison of talent, nor does one word in my post reflect that. 

10 minutes ago, inkman said:

I certainly wasn't making the comparison of talent, nor does one word in my post reflect that. 

I get that. My point was more about how Devendorfs scrappiness and intensity on the court coupled with his talent created something that has never been back at SU since

He got into coaches and players heads like no other because his intensity and scrappiness

I get that. My point was more about how Devendorfs scrappiness and intensity on the court coupled with his talent created something that has never been back at SU since

He got into coaches and players heads like no other because his intensity and scrappiness

He surely isn’t a dooosh waffle like Grayson Allen.  His personality certainly comes across as garish and abrasive.  I love his competitive spirit though.  Never been a “cheap shot artist” or poor sport ever.  Always an incredible teammate by all accounts.  I also think he has a bright future as a coach/recruiter.

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

He surely isn’t a dooosh waffle like Grayson Allen.  His personality certainly comes across as garish and abrasive.  I love his competitive spirit though.  Never been a “cheap shot artist” or poor sport ever.  Always an incredible teammate by all accounts.  I also think he has a bright future as a coach/recruiter.

It's ALL fire

Grayson is a douche...

Devendorf as you said has an unmatchable competitive spirit. A fire that burns uncontrollably and he played with his passion on his sleeve

Love that dude. Grade A teammate