Syracuse Basketball 2023-24

Buffalo716

22 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Battle not invited to the NBA combine, and Quincy Guerrier cleared by NCAA to play this season.  

I feel bad for Tyus man... good kid...

what do you think about our chances of landing Andre Jackson this coming recruiting class?

he would be a huge get

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I feel bad for Tyus man... good kid...

what do you think about our chances of landing Andre Jackson this coming recruiting class?

he would be a huge get

Yeah, too bad for Tyus.  I suspect he will go overseas.  Could be a good thing for him.

I like Jackson but I don't love him.  He really isn't a great shooter for a guard.  That's what has kept the "big dogs" from offering him yet.  He's athletic as hell though.  Reminds me of a more slenMy understanding is that Syracuse is the front runner with both UCONN and 'Bama making big pushes for him right now.  I see his ceiling as Stephen Thompson.

4 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Yeah, too bad for Tyus.  I suspect he will go overseas.  Could be a good thing for him.

I like Jackson but I don't love him.  He really isn't a great shooter for a guard.  That's what has kept the "big dogs" from offering him yet.  He's athletic as hell though.  Reminds me of a more slenMy understanding is that Syracuse is the front runner with both UCONN and 'Bama making big pushes for him right now.  I see his ceiling as Stephen Thompson.

MCW really couldn’t shoot...

we can definitely use a big time slasher somewhere in the rotation 

wish he could shoot the rock better though

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

MCW really couldn’t shoot...

we can definitely use a big time slasher somewhere in the rotation 

wish he could shoot the rock better though

Depending on what happens with Brissett and other potential transfers, we may not have many scholarships for the ‘20 class.  I’d take Jackson, but I’d almost rather land one of the big men we are recruiting (Dainja, Newton, Collier...in that order).

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

I tend to think this isn't a big loss.

Anyways, best of luck to him. I hope he can find a role for himself in the NBA.

Based on his performance during his freshman year and his combine performance, I am feeling more and more that losing Brissett is huge.  There must have been some off the court drama going on because he sucked during his sophomore season.  

48 minutes ago, inkman said:

This is disheartening

https://www.syracuse.com/sports/2019/05/jaden-mcdaniels-another-top-basketball-recruit-chooses-mike-hopkins-washington.html

Cuse seems to be heading in the opposite direction. It makes you wonder how it would be if Hopkins was given the reigns he was promised.  

Jaden never coming to SU

Look at the recruits on SU boards through 20 and 21

lots of studs

Is Hopkins a great recruiter? Yes 

is Boeheim a great recruiter? Yes tho not what he once was

can SU get a coach of that level when Boeheim retires? Absolutely 

Hopkins isn’t coach K... he isn’t Jimmy B

5 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Based on his performance during his freshman year and his combine performance, I am feeling more and more that losing Brissett is huge.  There must have been some off the court drama going on because he sucked during his sophomore season.  

Agree

Edited by Buffalo716

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Jaden never coming to SU

Look at the recruits on SU boards through 20 and 21

lots of studs

Is Hopkins a great recruiter? Yes 

is Boeheim a great recruiter? Yes tho not what he once was

can SU get a coach of that level when Boeheim retires? Absolutely 

Hopkins isn’t coach K... he isn’t Jimmy B

Agree

My reaction was more along the lines of Hop getting two 5 star recruits while Cuse has a pretty weak class coming in. 

23 minutes ago, inkman said:

My reaction was more along the lines of Hop getting two 5 star recruits while Cuse has a pretty weak class coming in. 

Weak class?

Brycen Goodine is a top 100 player and stud..

Joe Girard is going to be Jerry McNamara. He’s legitimate.

Quincey Guerrier is going to replace Brissett and is better offensively when they both were coming in. He might be the best kid in SUs class

Jessie Edwards has only been in the US for 8 months and is a total unknown but rising recruiting ranks. They hit with Dolezaj overseas 

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Weak class?

Quincey Guerrier is going to replace Brissett and is better offensively when they both were coming in. He might be the best kid in SUs class

Jessie Edwards has only been in the US for 8 months and is a total unknown but rising recruiting ranks. They hit with Dolezaj overseas 

I agree, in that I love this recruiting class.  Red and Gmac worked hard to put together a very solid, but unheralded, recruiting class.  We are pretty much loaded up from 1-4.  But who’s our center?  Marek, Sidibe?  I’m concerned about the 5.

4 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I agree, in that I love this recruiting class.  Red and Gmac worked hard to put together a very solid, but unheralded, recruiting class.  We are pretty much loaded up from 1-4.  But who’s our center?  Marek, Sidibe?  I’m concerned about the 5.

I’m pretty concerned 

BUT

Sidibe had surgery for tendinitis last year... big men usually need 1 full year for recovery... he should look like an upperclassman this season hopefully 

if not Dolezaj plays a stretch 5... we will hurt rebounding and defending but offense will look better

Jesse Edward the dark horse 

4 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Weak class?

Your optimism is infectious. I feel better about them. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Weak class?

inkman had me worried, but now you got me hyped! lol

Edited by Bray Wyatt
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Weak class?

Those recruits are fine in the Big East, won't be able to keep up with classes like that in ACC.

Syracuse is a brand on the decline.  The ACC is a different animal.

3 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

Those recruits are fine in the Big East, won't be able to keep up with classes like that in ACC.

Syracuse is a brand on the decline.  The ACC is a different animal.

Ummm the old big east that SU was in was the best basketball conference in the country 

it was better than the ACC and they had no problem recruiting 

Joe Girard is so bad that coach K was was going in circles trying to land him