Syracuse Basketball 2023-24

Buffalo716

11 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

He's been plagued by injuries, but he can still score.

SU has done pretty good there. The run of guards they got in was pretty crazy. Flynn. Waiters. Carter Williams. Ennis.

Don’t forget Malachi Richardson... kinda played the 3 but is a SG

• Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Don’t forget Malachi Richardson... kinda played the 3 but is a SG

For some reason i had it in my mind he was a small forward.

Edit: I basically just reiterated your point. :lol:

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall
Buzzed

Hearing we might have one or two transfers leaving the team this offseason. Neither guy I’m hearing about would be much of a loss; would basically just give us additional scholarships to use which we need with zero seniors on next year’s team. 

2 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Hearing we might have one or two transfers leaving the team this offseason. Neither guy I’m hearing about would be much of a loss; would basically just give us additional scholarships to use which we need with zero seniors on next year’s team. 

Who are you hearing? Howard Washington and sidibe?

On 3/23/2019 at 3:59 PM, Buffalo716 said:

I get what your saying. Jim definitely wants a longer guy at the top who can create his own shot, get to the rim or hit a 3... 

when I do think of a prototypical SU PG I do think of a Michael Carter Williams type...

but Tyler Ennis was that cerebral PG we rarely  get and he was outstanding for 1 season 

Jonny Flynn was a shorter guy but could do everything 

Tyler Ennis might be my favorite player from the last decade for that reason. True floor general, dictated the pace of the game.

Just now, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Tyler Ennis might be my favorite player from the last decade for that reason. True floor general, dictated the pace of the game.

He was truly outstanding. Played well above his age... wish we had him or a few more years

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

I'm personally not high on him, but hopefully he proves me wrong and becomes a big piece for us in the future!

He’s only been in the states for a few months... not any real tape or scouting reports on him... the only thing to be down on is his unranked recruiting profile and being a bit slimmer... hearing he already bulked up 15 pounds tho

besides that hat he is supposed to bring the best low post offensive game we’ve had in a while and can stretch it from 3

hes a solid prospect this late in the season

Edited by Buffalo716

26 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He’s only been in the states for a few months... not any real tape or scouting reports on him... the only thing to be down on is his unranked recruiting profile and being a bit slimmer... hearing he already bulked up 15 pounds tho

besides that hat he is supposed to bring the best low post offensive game we’ve had in a while and can stretch it from 3

hes a solid prospect this late in the season

Eh, I've watched some of his scrimmages in the U.S., he didn't really show any post game at all and outside of like a 10 foot fadeaway jumper where his mechanics were not good, he didn't attempt any jumpshots much less any 3 pointers and that was against some pretty terrible competition lol. I'll be pleasantly surprised if he turns into a player for us; big men often take longer to develop so maybe things will click into place once he's on campus. But I don't say this lightly, I've never been less impressed with a Syracuse player's high school film than I was with Edwards.

5 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Eh, I've watched some of his scrimmages in the U.S., he didn't really show any post game at all and outside of like a 10 foot fadeaway jumper where his mechanics were not good, he didn't attempt any jumpshots much less any 3 pointers and that was against some pretty terrible competition lol. I'll be pleasantly surprised if he turns into a player for us; big men often take longer to develop so maybe things will click into place once he's on campus. But I don't say this lightly, I've never been less impressed with a Syracuse player's high school film than I was with Edwards.

Ouch

10 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Ouch

First game starts at 8:12. Second game starts at 59:30. He doesn't really do anything in either outside of getting pushed around by the one guy that was his size and having a nice spin move at one point.

He’s #12.

Edited by DCOrange

4 hours ago, DCOrange said:

We need to bring Bernie Fine back to turn this kid into Fab Melo.  

• 3 weeks later...