Syracuse Basketball 2023-24

Buffalo716

15 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Yup.  According to my people, Quade was a Syracuse lock before his official visit (where he was assaulted by Frank Howard), and Hop was his lead recruiter.  This is one of the main reasons Hop wanted Frank gone, but he was overruled by Boeheim.

Green was over-recruited and under-utilized at Kentucky.  He will be eligible for Hop in January 2020, and he will be a good one.  Definitely more of a traditional PG.

He won’t even be eligible to start next season?

and when you say assaulted what exactly does that entail?

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

He won’t even be eligible to start next season?

and when you say assaulted what exactly does that entail?

January 2020 is my understanding.  But I read that when he first decided to transfer to UW.  Things could have changed since then.

I was told that Frank was a complete a-hole to Quade on his visit, which culminated in a pretty vicious verbal altercation.  Apparently, Frank finally took some swings at Green at a party, but it was promptly broken up.  This destroyed the locker room, and eventually, created a huge divide between JB and Hop.

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

January 2020 is my understanding.  But I read that when he first decided to transfer to UW.  Things could have changed since then.

I was told that Frank was a complete a-hole to Quade on his visit, which culminated in a pretty vicious verbal altercation.  Apparently, Frank finally took some swings at Green at a party, but it was promptly broken up.  This destroyed the locker room, and eventually, created a huge divide between JB and Hop.

It would honestly be petty if Hop seriously holds that much of a grudge against the man and school that gave him everything 

tough situation, yes... willing to destroy allegiances over.. 0% worthy

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

It would honestly be petty if Hop seriously holds that much of a grudge against the man and school that gave him everything 

tough situation, yes... willing to destroy allegiances over.. 0% worthy

There’s A LOT more to the story, man.  More than I’m willing to talk about here.  I’m honestly not sure what JB and Hop’s relationship is like these days.

7 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

There’s A LOT more to the story, man.  More than I’m willing to talk about here.  I’m honestly not sure what JB and Hop’s relationship is like these days.

There are problems in every relationship.

Boeheim gave the man a scholarship , a college career, and a coaching career. Was very good to him over 20+ years

i don’t care if buddy knocked up his daughter and never called back. You can’t let something like a player ruin a career friendship 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

There are problems in every relationship.

Boeheim gave the man a scholarship , a college career, and a coaching career. Was very good to him over 20+ years

i don’t care if buddy knocked up his daughter and never called back. You can’t let something like a player ruin a career friendship 

Again, there is a lot more to their “falling out” than just Frank Howard.  And also, I honestly don’t know what their personal relationship is like today.  Maybe you misread my previous posts ?

6 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Again, there is a lot more to their “falling out” than just Frank Howard.  And also, I honestly don’t know what their personal relationship is like today.  Maybe you misread my previous posts ?

I got that last part. But the way you are making this “falling out” sound...

it doesn’t sound like it’s kosher. Which is a shame

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 3:33 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Wow...Kudos to Buzz, and what he’s done with that Hokies team.  They play a tenacious and physical brand of pressure man defense. Also, Cuse isn’t going to beat too many teams that shoot 75% from 3 point range.  Tech happens to have 3 sharp shooters, and even their mediocre shooters were burying shots from NBA range.

That said, I thought JB actually made some nice adjustments at the half.  Extended the zone, and started to attack the rim with Battle and Brissett rather than chuck 3’s.  Had the Hokies on the ropes for a bit.  Unfortunately, it was not Syracuse’s night and Tech was fantastic.  Clearly that fan base is stoked up, and the house was rockin.  Good for them.  I still think we’re much better than we played last night.

Go ?

Texas A&M is interested in hiring Buzz. He had a prior affiliation with that school. The Texas school could offer him a lot more money than Va Tech could ever give him. 

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/texasamaggies/2019/03/14/virginia-techs-buzz-williams-responds-question-potential-texas-am-coaching-vacancy

10 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

@Johnny Hammersticks

Cuse is hot on the trails of Netherlands center Jessie edwards.

unranked but only been in the states a few months. Might be a sleeper

I hear Edwards is pretty much a lock.  Will likely commit during his official visit 4/1-4/2.  He’s embarrassingly light in the ass for his height, but he does appear to have a pretty slick low-post game.  Good 4 year prospect.

Bummed we’re going to lose out on Tre Mitchell.  Looks like UMASS.  We got in on him way too late in the game.

2 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I hear Edwards is pretty much a lock.  Will likely commit during his official visit 4/1-4/2.  He’s embarrassingly light in the ass for his height, but he does appear to have a pretty slick low-post game.  Good 4 year prospect.

Bummed we’re going to lose out on Tre Mitchell.  Looks like UMASS.  We got in on him way too late in the game.

Damn really? Tre is a big body. Was hoping to land him 

and yea edwards looks a bit light... but so was chukwu and Dolezaj lmao

i miss the days of a thick Onawaku or rick Jackson... fab Melo lmao

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Even if SU had been on Mitchell earlier, there’s nothing you can do about UMass. They’re hiring his coach and signing his friends to play with him. Syracuse just isn’t going to offer that. 

Edwards might turn into something in the future but I don’t think he’ll be able to contribute next year and we pretty desperately need help at center next year. 

5 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Even if SU had been on Mitchell earlier, there’s nothing you can do about UMass. They’re hiring his coach and signing his friends to play with him. Syracuse just isn’t going to offer that. 

Edwards might turn into something in the future but I don’t think he’ll be able to contribute next year and we pretty desperately need help at center next year. 

We don’t have a starting caliber C rn

17 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Good lord, we would have gotten destroyed by Gonzaga ?

Yeah.  That would have been an embarrassment.  What a disappointing season, had much higher hopes.  I hope that Carey grows up a ton this offseason.  We really need someone that can run the show and not turn the ball over

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/2019/03/syracuse-basketball-to-get-visit-from-6-10-center-from-netherlands-jesse-edwards.html%3foutputType=amp

Jesse Edwards has added 15 lbs since going to IMG. Up to 2015. Lot of schools are getting in mix. Visiting Gtech

has an advanced post game. Can stretch it to 3 and put it on the deck. Great prospect honestly 

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/2019/03/syracuse-basketball-to-get-visit-from-6-10-center-from-netherlands-jesse-edwards.html%3foutputType=amp

Jesse Edwards has added 15 lbs since going to IMG. Up to 2015. Lot of schools are getting in mix. Visiting Gtech

has an advanced post game. Can stretch it to 3 and put it on the deck. Great prospect honestly 

Can’t let him leave on 4/2 without a commit.  Again, I’m hearing that the coaches feel very confident that he will commit on his visit.  Obvious physical differences, but his low post game kind of reminds me of Fab Melo.