Syracuse Basketball 2023-24

Buffalo716

2 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

Zion will dominate in the NBA as well... He's a Lebron level athlete with a slightly different game.  If he gets a shot, he will be an all time great. 

he's not remotely closed to the all-around game LeBron brought from day one

that's nice he bounces around all the farm-fed kids out there, the pros is another matter to DOMINATE in...

as noted earlier, looks like another Sir Charles, but he was totally gifted going to the top-tier Sixers with Doc and Moses to ease into the pro grind.

Big Red went 21 for 22 with dunks forbidden in an NCAA Title Game

Edited by row_33

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

that's nice he bounces around all the farm-fed kids out there, the pros is another matter to DOMINATE in...

as noted earlier, looks like another Sir Charles, but he was totally gifted going to the top-tier Sixers with Doc and Moses to ease into the pro grind.

He's more of a finisher than a ball distributor that Lebron is but that is fine. 

But make no mistake, this guy will dominate the next level.  I think he can have a Blake Griffin type rookie season.. 20 and 10 right off the bat.  People forget how good he was early on in his career...  And if he develops a shot, then watch out. 

He'll have tougher match-ups in the pros for sure but this guy is a freak of nature.  He has perimeter speed and quickness vs any bigger bodies and the muscle to destroy anyone near the basket if teams try to use speed against him.  His toughest match-up will be Giannis who has the size and speed to match him.  And Giannis himself is a one of a kind type player too.      

10 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

He routinely disrupts the offense. The only good thing I can say about him is that he is a competitor, and looks upset when he is getting out played, which is often. 

He is awful at passing, his 3 shot isn't good and he comes down and just pulls up far too often for his skill set. He's bad at driving.

He's not good. He makes Brandon Triche look like a lottery pick. I couldn't stand Kooney and his crying mama and he makes me wish we had him back.

Howard's bad. I won't move off that point.

When you talk about Syracuse guards who could have been good louie mccroskey is where it is at.

No one is going to miss Howard. He was never going to be good. 

Howard could drive last year before he got hurt and he has always been a plus defender analytically 

brandon triche started like 120 games in his career , he was good... just because he didkt make the league doesn’t mean he was awful... bad guy to compare Howard too

SU doesn’t even make the tourney without Howard last year and that’s a fact .., if you want to be mad at someone be mad that Boeheim converted him to PG.. he isn’t a natural PG

is he the typical SU guard? No... but he would start at hundred + D1 schools

Edited by Buffalo716

8 hours ago, row_33 said:

LeBron's always going to be an unfair comparison. How many players get hype like LeBron got being a prep to pro and bust. LeBron himself was excessively hyped and immediately exceeded even those unrealistic expectations. 

Zion will be great, very high floor, LeBron-like ceiling. But no... I'd bet the house he doesn't have a comparable career to LeBron.

Him dominating college kids only helps with a grain of salt, not hurts. People saying "he won't be able to get away with this in the pros".. no **** haha we can say that about LeBron if he played college.. what else is he supposed to do other than put up perfect stat lines.

I can't say enough the dude has a damned shot lol. One of the best of his draft class.. college players suck at shooting! Hell look at the NBA, Zion's got a better shot than some of the superstars. He a) doesn't need it to be a superstar and b) absolutely does have it. Dude's got a head start in the shot department loads of players don't have coming into the NBA.

12 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Almost nobody in the NBA can match up with him either IMO. I'm not sure anyone in the NBA right now has his combination of size and athleticism and he's a really skilled dude too. He's easily among the 3-5 best prospects to come out since LeBron IMO and might be the best.

Physically, I agree. His potential is unreal. But the NBA has some lowkey guys outside of Kawhi Leonard's, Durant's, Thompson's who don't get recognition who are physically gifted and can match up with zion.

Great prospect, but I just don't see the playmaking skill that lebron has in him. And I'm not a lebron fan, but I don't see Zion driving and creating his own shots. Those open threes, and back door cuts won't be there in the NBA. 

He could be amazing. I also think he has extraordinary bust potential because of his skill set.

And for the record I was praying 3 years ago when I first saw him that cuse would find a way to get him.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

29 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Physically, I agree. His potential is unreal. But the NBA has some lowkey guys outside of Kawhi Leonard's, Durant's, Thompson's who don't get recognition who are physically gifted and can match up with zion.

Great prospect, but I just don't see the playmaking skill that lebron has in him. And I'm not a lebron fan, but I don't see Zion driving and creating his own shots. Those open threes, and back door cuts won't be there in the NBA. 

He could be amazing. I also think he has extraordinary bust potential because of his skill set.

And for the record I was praying 3 years ago when I first saw him that cuse would find a way to get him.

Zion's banging 3s right now haha speak of the devil

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Crappy sportsmanship... BUT I’ve seen a lot worse 

overblown if you ask me

I agree, I don't like him to begin with but that's not a new move in my opinion. I've never seen it, but it looks like something he has done before. I get being chippy, before that he turned the ball over and he grabbed at Zion while he was on the ground.

I'll give him credit, it was spectacular how he tried to trip him then reach out to stop him from falling. It was 100% intentional, I don't blame him as bad as it sounds. The game was getting away, he's gonna be playing in Croatia next year. He probably felt like he had to do something to win another game.

This is it. I can get it.

• Haha (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I agree, I don't like him to begin with but that's not a new move in my opinion. I've never seen it, but it looks like something he has done before. I get being chippy, before that he turned the ball over and he grabbed at Zion while he was on the ground.

I'll give him credit, it was spectacular how he tried to trip him then reach out to stop him from falling. It was 100% intentional, I don't blame him as bad as it sounds. The game was getting away, he's gonna be playing in Croatia next year. He probably felt like he had to do something to win another game.

This is it. I can get it.

No crap... thought the same thing 

kinda funny... imma trip him but act like I didn’t mean too lol

• Like (+1) 1

This is not directly about the Syracuse game but I figured this thread was the best fit.

What is with the new camera angle I keep seeing?  The one were it is more shallow and moves with the play.  I first noticed it in the Syracuse/Duke game.  Then in the Duke/UNC game.  

Does anyone like this?  I think it stinks for depth perception.  It looks kinda like a video game.

Thoughts?

P.S.  Not sure if others have mentioned this.  I am too lazy to read all 23 pages of the thread.

8th seed with a potential 2nd round matchup against Gonzaga, who I think is the least frightening #1 seed.

It's the ACC teams that really seem to give Syracuse fits in the tournament. Potential Sweet 16 matchup against Florida State.

That said, Florida State is the ONLY other ACC team in our bracket, which I see as fortunate.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

8th seed with a potential 2nd round matchup against Gonzaga, who I think is the least frightening #1 seed.

It's the ACC teams that really seem to give Syracuse fits in the tournament. Potential Sweet 16 matchup against Florida State.

Still not the best draw with a potential 1 seed in the second round

they did beat duke earlier

13 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

They were inevitably going to have an extremely tough 2nd round matchup against either a #1 or #2. I'm happy with the bracket based on the progression of the regular season.

True . But even as an 11 last year they got a 3 in round 2

but I guess that’s how brackets go