Syracuse Basketball 2023-24

Buffalo716

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

That was a beat down from the tip. And Tech only had 8 guys dressed, some pressure could have really worn on them.  

Seems half the games I watch in NCAA one team shows up with 7 players.

Kansas tried to go with 6 at Kentucky

• Like (+1) 1

Honestly why even tune into SU regular season basketball games?

Syracuse just needs to get into the NCAA Tournament in whatever fashion.

At that point they're going to make their inevitable "improbable" run to the Sweet 16 or beyond.

I think Boeheim is very transparent about his general regular season complacency and his players are a reflection of that.

Wow...Kudos to Buzz, and what he’s done with that Hokies team.  They play a tenacious and physical brand of pressure man defense. Also, Cuse isn’t going to beat too many teams that shoot 75% from 3 point range.  Tech happens to have 3 sharp shooters, and even their mediocre shooters were burying shots from NBA range.

That said, I thought JB actually made some nice adjustments at the half.  Extended the zone, and started to attack the rim with Battle and Brissett rather than chuck 3’s.  Had the Hokies on the ropes for a bit.  Unfortunately, it was not Syracuse’s night and Tech was fantastic.  Clearly that fan base is stoked up, and the house was rockin.  Good for them.  I still think we’re much better than we played last night.

Go ?

4 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Wow...Kudos to Buzz, and what he’s done with that Hokies team.  They play a tenacious and physical brand of pressure man defense. Also, Cuse isn’t going to beat too many teams that shoot 75% from 3 point range.  Tech happens to have 3 sharp shooters, and even their mediocre shooters were burying shots from NBA range.

That said, I thought JB actually made some nice adjustments at the half.  Extended the zone, and started to attack the rim with Battle and Brissett rather than chuck 3’s.  Had the Hokies on the ropes for a bit.  Unfortunately, it was not Syracuse’s night and Tech was fantastic.  Clearly that fan base is stoked up, and the house was rockin.  Good for them.  I still think we’re much better than we played last night.

Go ?

He's one of those coaches that I really like watching.  He seems to be a really good basketball coach.  Regardless, having been in Richmond for 25 years.  F the Chokies, even if they did B word slap our orange butts

• Haha (+1) 1

For the first time in forever, both of my “sources” have no clue about Qudus Wahad.  Said he and his camp are holding their cards very close to their vest.  

My one guy who communicates with the coaches almost daily said “It looks like Georgetown, but it could be Georgetown, Pitt or Syracuse.”  Said that Stewart picking UW put Syracuse back in play (obviously).  

The most interesting part of our text exchange was learning that the coaching staff views Wahab as a very similar prospect as current ‘19 commit John Bol Ajak.  Both viewed as “4 year projects.”

FWIW....I’ll post if I learn anything else between now and tomorrow at 4:00.

Yeah, Ajok plays in the next town over from me, West Chester, PA, he seems to be injury prone, plus he's only been playing organized for a couple few years, plays for a dynamite program, but he seems like another Chukuwu/Sidibe player, both effective at times, but never really consistently dominant

20 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

For the first time in forever, both of my “sources” have no clue about Qudus Wahad.  Said he and his camp are holding their cards very close to their vest.  

My one guy who communicates with the coaches almost daily said “It looks like Georgetown, but it could be Georgetown, Pitt or Syracuse.”  Said that Stewart picking UW put Syracuse back in play (obviously).  

The most interesting part of our text exchange was learning that the coaching staff views Wahab as a very similar prospect as current ‘19 commit John Bol Ajak.  Both viewed as “4 year projects.”

FWIW....I’ll post if I learn anything else between now and tomorrow at 4:00.

21 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

well, not sure if this helps..BUt Va Tech is beating NC State 47-24...and there is 2 minutes left. 

24 points with a shot clock!!!!

It’s like when the banner shows a score of 82-13 and then I see it’s NCAAW hoops

Even though there is a lot of basketball left I feel like UVA/Dook/UNC are locks for the top three spots based upon how all are playing.  I just don't see Louisville/Cuse/VA Tech breaking that trifecta but the battle for 4th is important, to avoid playing that extra game in the ACC tourney.  I've talked to a lot of people about the pros/cons of conference tournaments and it's no joke that a lengthy conference tournament run can zap a team going into the big dance the following week.  When a coach like Roy Williams says he's not crazy about conference tournaments he's not just blowing smoke.