Syracuse Basketball 2023-24

Buffalo716

10 hours ago, row_33 said:

ACC update with Heels kicking tail on the Hokies, great run the last 10 of the first half

just get through over with so I can watch the full Big12 Cyclones/Kansas game st 9....

That was a fun game...I don't usually go but friends invited us with great seats and we couldn't say no.  Heels started off 1/12 from three while Hokies started 6/7...then Heels turned up the D and went on a 20-0 run to go up 14 at the break.  Was never close after that.  The frosh (White/Little) combined for 50!

4 hours ago, eball said:

That was a fun game...I don't usually go but friends invited us with great seats and we couldn't say no.  Heels started off 1/12 from three while Hokies started 6/7...then Heels turned up the D and went on a 20-0 run to go up 14 at the break.  Was never close after that.  The frosh (White/Little) combined for 50!

[jealous]

5 hours ago, eball said:

My son is a big tar heels fan so I usually watch most of their games with him.  Old Roy's team is going to be an interesting study come March.  When they are knocking shots I think they could beat anybody ex last night.  When they are not knocking down shots they could lose to anybody ex Louisville.  It doesn't seem like they have that reliable post player that Carolina teams are noted for.  You know the one when things get tight they could throw it down to the post & usually come away with a bucket.  With that being said outside of Durham they are as talented a team as anybody in the country.  Bold statement I know but that is the way I feel.  Virginia Tech is a talented team that I have pegged as getting to the second weekend of the tournament & the heels just ran them right out of the building.  UNC will tag on a few more losses because their schedule is so brutal so I don't see them getting anything higher than a 4 seed this year.  I could see them making a deep run.   I could also see them getting bumped in the first round.  It will be interesting to watch.  

2 minutes ago, Gordio said:

My son is a big tar heels fan so I usually watch most of their games with him.  Old Roy's team is going to be an interesting study come March.  When they are knocking shots I think they could beat anybody ex last night.  When they are not knocking down shots they could lose to anybody ex Louisville.  It doesn't seem like they have that reliable post player that Carolina teams are noted for.  You know the one when things get tight they could throw it down to the post & usually come away with a bucket.  With that being said outside of Durham they are as talented a team as anybody in the country.  Bold statement I know but that is the way I feel.  Virginia Tech is a talented team that I have pegged as getting to the second weekend of the tournament & the heels just ran them right out of the building.  UNC will tag on a few more losses because their schedule is so brutal so I don't see them getting anything higher than a 4 seed this year.  I could see them making a deep run.   I could also see them getting bumped in the first round.  It will be interesting to watch.  

Good point regarding that post presence.  Maye can do it against lesser competition but against a skilled big man he looks out of his element.  Brooks has shown flashes.  They've got another "big" (Manley) who has missed the past seven games with a sore knee but he should be back soon.  But it's strange not to see them with a true go-to guy inside.

The key for this team is how they play D.  After a very slow start, Nassir Little has been excellent the past three games.  If he has finally figured it out then they are immediately a legit F4 team.  Coby White is playing so well I've begun to worry about him leaving after one season.

The Louisville game was the watershed moment for this team, I believe.  Roy told them after the game (and I'm paraphrasing) "you will continue to lose if you don't start listening to me" and walked out of the locker room.

1 hour ago, eball said:

Good point regarding that post presence.  Maye can do it against lesser competition but against a skilled big man he looks out of his element.  Brooks has shown flashes.  They've got another "big" (Manley) who has missed the past seven games with a sore knee but he should be back soon.  But it's strange not to see them with a true go-to guy inside.

The key for this team is how they play D.  After a very slow start, Nassir Little has been excellent the past three games.  If he has finally figured it out then they are immediately a legit F4 team.  Coby White is playing so well I've begun to worry about him leaving after one season.

The Louisville game was the watershed moment for this team, I believe.  Roy told them after the game (and I'm paraphrasing) "you will continue to lose if you don't start listening to me" and walked out of the locker room.

It is funny you mention little, right before the game started Bilas was talking about how the light has finally come on for Little on the defensive side & expect to start getting more minutes over the next few months(I think he is averaging 18 or 19 min per game).  

White has been playing out of his mind & he is fun to watch.

Maye, I think he is really missing Berry setting him up so well to score.  There was so many times the past few years Berry would setup Maye in perfect position to score.  It seems like he has got to create his own shot a bit more this year.  Coupled that with the fact he is trying to learn to play with some of the new guys & it has been an adjustment.  He is still important to their success.  

21 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Totally not cool...

my ex wife liked Tom Brady 

ex wife 

To be fair, have never ever been a fan of Syracuse. Not a huge Hokie fan either , but I know where my bread is buttered! Pre gaming at 5pm @JohnC if ya want to join! 

Edited by plenzmd1

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

To be fair, have never ever been a fan of Syracuse. Not a huge Hokie fan either , but I know where my bread is buttered! Pre gaming at 5pm @JohnC if ya want to join! 

You are in the land of moon-shine. Too potent for my delicate system. Have fun and don't get rowdy with the rebel crowd. Just to remind you they hate Yankees. So don't bring up the sore topic of the moral imperative to take down those ignominious Confederate statues with the losers sitting on those  lame horses. :ph34r:

9 hours ago, Steptide said:

Great effort by cuse tonight ?

I kinda felt this one coming though 

That was a beat down from the tip. And Tech only had 8 guys dressed, some pressure could have really worn on them.  

9 hours ago, row_33 said:

I wasn’t all that into it and gave up after a minute

the uniforms and the stadium and the floor was revolting

Great gym to watch a game BTW. Small,

on campus, easy to walk to/from the bars. Tickets relatively cheap.