Syracuse Basketball 2023-24

Buffalo716

Did you see Boeheim talking about Zion during the post game, heaping all sorts of praise on him, says he's like Charles Barkley, but not as fat, then he chuckled....I can't wait to hear Chuckies response.  He is truly a beast out there, if he can develop a better outside shot he will certainly be a candidate for the next great NBA player

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

And they will be the rest of the season, but Syracuse has been pretty terrible at times this year and it's a huge win for them 

their permanent committee resume will say they won with Duke deprived of two key starters

but that's a heck of a lot better than FSU lost at home with Zion sitting out the entire second half

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

their permanent committee resume will say they won with Duke deprived of two key starters

but that's a heck of a lot better than FSU lost at home with Zion sitting out the entire second half

The committee will see they beat #1 Duke at Cameron 

they aren’t going to penalize SU because 2 people didn’t play... they still had the top 2 NBA picks on the court

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, row_33 said:

6 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

The committee will see they beat #1 Duke at Cameron 

they aren’t going to penalize SU because 2 people didn’t play... they still had the top 2 NBA picks on the court

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Isaiah Stewart announcing his college decision on Sunday. As far as I've heard, Washington is the expected choice at this point, but fingers crossed we pull it off somehow!

Edit: Unfortunately, I’d put your $ on UW.  I guess things have shifted substantially in the past couple weeks.  Sounds like it was down to Cuse and UW though...FWIW.  Duke and Sparty not even in contention.  Hop steals another one ?

FWIW, I’m still hearing Syracuse is in good shape.  Coaches confident still.  I hope my sources are correct ?

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks
Update...
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Edit: Unfortunately, I’d put your $ on UW.  I guess things have shifted substantially in the past couple weeks.  Sounds like it was down to Cuse and UW though...FWIW.  Duke and Sparty not even in contention.  Hop steals another one ?

FWIW, I’m still hearing Syracuse is in good shape.  Coaches confident still.  I hope my sources are correct ?

I sure hope you are right, he would put that class right up there with the melo, gmac, Hak class

8 minutes ago, nemhoff said:

I sure hope you are right, he would put that class right up there with the melo, gmac, Hak class

See edit.  He’s going to UW.  Sorry...

I had been hearing for over a month now that he was leaning toward Cuse.  He and his family did not enjoy him being so far away at prep school, and he really enjoyed his official to Syracuse.  I guess his mom really liked Red Autry.  The coaching staff felt really good about a commit.  

Something changed within the past couple weeks.  I just learned about it today.  Must have informed JB, Autry and Gmac recently.

Who knows in the crazy world that is college hoops recruiting though??  Allegedly, Nerlens Noel changed his mind twice the day of his announcement (Cuse-Georgetown-Kentucky).  I certainly hope Isaiah has a change of heart.  Big time, program changing recruit.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

FWIW...just got a text from my dude on the hill.  Said Boeheim sent GMac to Springfield, Mass yesterday to make a final last minute attempt to flip Stewart.  Said his family still is pressuring him to choose Cuse, and apparently Mom has been in contact with the coaching staff.

He finished by saying “It’s looking like UW, but don’t be completely stunned if it’s Cuse.  Make sure to tune in.”

Just thought I’d share with my Cuse peeps.

??????

• Like (+1) 1